smash them!

Nini-sama

'Good morning, Director Kim.'

'Please go first, Director Kim.'

'Welcome, Director Kim.'

Although it's the start of the day and he's given enough energy thanks to his loving fiancé, Kim Jongdae wanted to scream as he hated the fact that he, for the loving god, is being constantly called Director.

It's not his fault though. The problem lies to one certain CEO in Tokyo.

I was the general manager there! How the hell did I become a director!

After a deep talk between his dad, Jongdae was given permission to transfer to one of their companies in Korea in order to be with Minseok, but what he did not know is that he was given a huge promotion by him. A gift to you who worked hard to learn the ropes, Jongdae rolled his eyes as he remembered his dad's words. It's his first day in this company as a new director, and just by entering the door stresses him out.

The reason? Everyone's eyes were all over him.

Just the thought of it scares him.

After an excruciating session of avoiding everyone's stares, Jongdae, after a few minutes of gathering his strength, managed to ask his secretary the moment she entered his office. 'Uhm, Ms. Kim, I have a question...'

'Yes?' asked Mrs. Kim in a polite tone. 'Not to be full of myself, but why is everyone staring at me today?'

Ms. Kim looked at him for a moment before chuckling. 'You're really cute as they say, Director Kim...'

'Eh?' He asked, confused at her words. His secretary went from chuckling to laughing the more she looked at his reaction, thus confusing him more. 'Eh....Ms. Kim?'

'It's rare to find a kind-looking director, you see. The director before you looked so strict, so seeing you all smiling and cute is a change of scenery.'

Kind-looking... Smiling... Cute...

Director Kim's eyes sparkled just by the thought of him being complimented by everyone. Ms. Kim laughed as she left the room with him blankly staring in the void. Jongdae smiled throughout the whole hour in the office, still thinking about Ms. Kim's words, while at the same time thinking it would make Minseok happy hearing this news. But he's unaware of the piles and piles of responsibility he has to do with his new position.

Alas, our fresh Director is dead tired, and he wants to run to his baby Minseokkie and hug him tight.

Oh to be hugging him tight... He thought, skimming through the records. He felt drained from the amount of unexpected things he has to do, so he thought it would be best to think about his husband-to-be, and it sure did work. With a huge smile, he continued to skimming through, but a frown appeared in his face as soon as he remembered something.

'Right... he hasn't seen any of our faces.'

Remembering about it saddens him. Minseok confessed to him one time that he cannot recognise faces---he only knows people by their individual features. Jongdae's fine with it; but he's just sad thinking how he'll never see the happy faces people show whenever he's around, because he's a ray of sunshine...

'Ah...' Jongdae immediately wiped the tear that escaped from his eye. 'Why am I crying at work...ah, right I promised to fetch him today again...'

 


On the other side of the story, Professor Kim opened the door to the department of Korean Literature with a slight frown on his face. After that effortful banging of pans, he was dead tired, but he's a bit happy seeing how his husband looked good (despite not seeing his face entirely) while clad in suit, and Jongin, too, who literally clung to him while begging to be given 5 minutes. But his face lightened up as everyone flocked into that one corner in the room, making him curious. 'Good morning.'

'Oh hello, Professor Kim.' spoke their Department Head with her high-pitchedm accented voice. Before she could talk, Minseok looked at the person standing beside her, and looked at the shape of her face--it's round; and her hands, making him smile. 'This is the new addition to our department, Ms. Moon. She'll be your teaching assistant. Ah, Ms. Moon, this is Mr. Kim---you'll be in his classes.'

He smiled even more as he saw her cheeks moving up, forming pockets around her face while shaking her hand.

'Hello, Mr. Kim. I'm Moon Byul-yi. I'll be in your care starting today!' She vigorously replied before bowing. 'I'm Professor Kim Minseok, I'll be looking forward to work with you.'

At first, Minseok thought his new teaching assistant would be shy and reserved, but he was wrong. She's bright and full of energy, and the students were having fun with her stories. She's fine to work with, he thought, seeing her immediately talk to some students closely while waiting for the classroom to be empty. I wish I could do that with my students though... I'm just afraid because I can't really see what they're feeling...

'Mr. Kim, the classroom's now empty.' The professor blinked twitch before moving his eyes to see the faceless woman in front of him. 'Ah... yes... anyway, Ms. Moon..'

'Yes, Professor Kim?'

'How do you get so close with some students?'

'Uhm, I was actually an alumni here,' She replied the moment they both sat on empty chairs. 'But they were my sister's friends, though.'

'I see...'

'Are you married, professor?' He shook his head. 'Eh? I thought so, because of your ring...'

'I'm engaged, actually...'

'Oh, I see!' The pitch of her voice went louder, making him flinch. He's still not used to people speaking to him in such high tones, but seeing her bubbly personality, he thinks he'll be okay. 'How about you, Ms. Moon?'

'I'm also engaged, too.' She replied, smiling before muttering under her breath. 'I also have a son, too...'

'What were you saying, Ms. Moon?'

'Ah, nothing.' She shook her head before giving him a small smile. 'I'll just... set the projector up.'

Minseok ignored his curiosity on Ms. Moon's words---he thinks it's too personal.

At the last minute of his last class, Minseok excitedly looked at his phone while announcing class is over, which peaked the interest of some students, and especially his assistant, who tried teasing him. 'What are you smiling for, Professor? Is it, perhaps, your... fiancé?'

The professor blushed as he looked away from his phone. 'Uhm...oh...ah! Yes...'

He wanted to run towards the school gate immediately to wait for Jongdae, but knowing that it might offend the assistant, he decided to talk to her for a bit.

But the thing is, it's getting too long, and he might be coming at any moment! She has a huge variety of topics, but he's too anxious and too shy to listen and converse with her. And he wants to eat tteokbokki---his one and only love aside from his fiancé.

So instead, he waited until Jongdae messages him: 'Ah, Ms. Moon, I have to go now. They're... they're here.'

'Eh? They're here?' She asked, and he could see her cheeks going up---she's smiling. To his horror, she immediately clung to him, making him see her faceless head. 'Can we go together? I want to see their face.'

Aren't you acting too close for someone who's starting their first day at work? He wondered, sighing. Well what can he do, he can't brush her off immediately. He found himself walking side by side with her towards the gate, and the moment he saw his cute figure sitting in his car, he smiled and waved.

'Dae-ya!' Jongdae turned his head and was about to wave---but he suddenly stopped, with his face dull. Minseok wondered why, until he saw his co-worker sharing the same look as him.