prologue 3/3

Nini-sama

'I'm at coming, I'm coming!' yell Minseok on the phone as he hurriedly dragged his stroller towards the glass door. It's the time of the year since Jongdae and his son, Jongin, are in Japan to live with his parents. The professor had a hard time adjusting to their long distance relationship, but he promised the man that he's fine with visiting them on his vacation. And here he is, constantly visiting them for the past 2 years. Everytime he goes back to Korea, he would see his sad face--although he can't really make out his face, just the way his lips would move. And at this constant, loving relationship they have, Minseok is able to fall harder for Jongdae than ever before... that whiny voice... those tiny hands of his... his deep, wonderful voice... him being a caring and loving father for Jongin... on god, he is truly, madly and deeply with the man of his dreams.

That's why, on this visit of his, he will finally say yes.

However, something clouded his mind. Does the offer still stand?

'Minseok-ah!' Jongdae yelled (so loud that he can hear him from afar) while waving his arms along with Jongin, who is now more taller than his father. The professor gave a large smile as he ran towards them, hugging his boyfriend tightly as he can feel him again.

'I missed you...' Jongdae whispered to his ear as he softly caressed the professor's head, making him blush and reply the same thing back, but this time more inaudible. Minseok proceeded to hug Jongin, who to his surprise, gave him a bone-crushing one. 'J-jongin-ah, I... I can't breathe!'

'Long time no see, Minseok-hyung.' he replied, making him rub his head. 'You've grown taller than your dad, huh? Plus, you're handsome too!'

'Hey, am I not handsome for you?' Minseok turned his head and pinched Jongdae's cheeks before smiling. 'Of course not.. You're the one I love! I like handsome guys!'

That conversation ended up with an argument between the father and son with the holy spirit laughing at how funny their bickering was. As the night fell, they celebrated dinner in their house, with Jongin unboxing an expensive tiramisu he lined up early in the morning. But after it finished, Jongin then went off to his room, leaving the two alone---and for Minseok to stack up his courage like some mobile legends hero.

'Dae...' He slowly spoke as the two of them sat on the couch, watching some soap opera. 'I have something to say.'

Jongdae, who lazily laid himself on Minseok's lap, moved to see his face. 'Hm?'

'I.....' You can do it, Minseok! Do it! Do it for the gods! Do it for victory! Bag that up! The professor could hear Junmyeon screaming inside his mind, making him sit blankly. Say the words, I do! I do, I do, I do!  I do (cherish you)! From the depths of my soul, it's beyond my control! I will love you still! But out of those encouraging words, Minseok ended up with this: 'Does your o-offer still stand?'

'What offer?' He asked innocently, making him cry inside in embarrassment. 'The offer... on Junmyeon's party....?'

'Ah, that offer,' Jongdae replied nonchalantly as he moved his head back to the screen---only to be shocked after the realisation hit him. 'That offer! You mean?!'

Minseok lowered his head in embarrassment (for himself) and nodded sheepishly. 'I.... I do.'

And that night did not end well for Jongin as he was disturbed with his father's scream of joy as he finally got engaged to the love of his life. He is happy hearing that.

Minseok found himself in front of a tall, large and glass-covered building the morning after. He is clad in some suit, along with Jongdae, who only explained to him that they are meeting someone important. The more they walked in, the more the professor felt pressure. For some weird reason, he felt some strange looks with some murmurs. 

'彼は彼女のように見えます...' (He looks like her...)

'ワウ...ワカ様の新作は昔の.' (Wah... waka-sama's new looks like his old.) 

The nervousness Minseok felt grew as they walked inside some big-door-room, with Jongdae asking the secretary in Japanese (who just nodded as if it was some everyday occurrence). And here they are, standing in front of an old man in a suit. Minseok read the words he can make out on the plate sitting on his table, and is surprised to find out that this man is the CEO of the building they're standing right now. He immediately bowed his head, but his boyfriend did his in a calm manner, making him shook.

But he felt his soul flee from his body when he finally heard the only Japanese word he can understand besides konnichiwa, gomenasai, ohayo guzaimasu and arigato.

'父さん.' (Dad.)