5s 'til the enemy reaches the battlefield

Nini-sama

'Hey, you dumb , do it faster!'

'The do you want? I'm tying my shoes here!'

'Why the did you call me to come to your house? If you let your stay later, we'll be ing late!'

'For 's sake!'

This is the typical morning for highschool kids. It's a swear-filled, annoyance-induced and irritating morning for them, especially when they enter school. But it's different from the normal school days today: it's the first day! Everyone is excited and grinning from ear to ear for another year of an hellhole called school, but except these two, who knows the reality hidden under the blinds of stress and never ending bulltery.

As soon as Sehun finally finished tying his shoes, he immediately ran towards Kyungsoo, who was waiting on his bike with a huge scowl on his face, and sat on its extra seat. To his surprise, he immediately sped off as he finally sat, making him scream. 'What the ing hell are you doing?!'

'We're gonna be 3 minutes late if I pedal on the usual speed,' He replied, eyes glued to the road. 'Thanks to this one motherer who woke up late!'

The little couldn't help but laugh at his friend's angry tone. 3 years passed, and he's still the same as ever. Well not really, he thought as he gazed at the back of his head (which he wonders why he's looking at it). 3 years also passed since he broke up with some person he must not mention because might end up saying his name out loud, and there's a subtle change in him besides being snarkier, and despite looking unaffected, he knows he's hurt. But he doesn't know why they broke up, though. It's a mystery he wants to unfold.

'Anyway, why did you wake up late?' asked Kyungsoo the moment they finally saw the school gate. Sehun wanted to again, but knowing how that will make the situation worse, he decided to answer straightforwardly. 'I was playing too much with Xie Xie then I forgot that I have to study...so...'

Xie Xie is Sehun's little sister---the angel the Zhangs thought they never deserved. Kyungsoo was with him the moment she was born, and he agrees with them as he sees her as a heavenly body due to her cuteness. But he was surprised to see him doting her, as he can remember how lazy this guy was, always finding ways to stir up trouble in an easy way.

'Ok, fine.' He replied, causing Sehun to blink for a few moments. 'Okay, so what?'

'Did your dad forget to wake you up?'

'Yeah...' He gave him a smile before he got confused. 'Which dad?'

'Your 爸.' (Dad)

'Ah, I think he stayed up late, too? I mean my dad goes early to the university and just picks off Xie Xie on the day care because he knew he'll fall asleep taking care of her today.'

'Your 爸's trying his best to be a dad, huh.' He replied as the two walked towards the stares, and Sehun replied with a huge grin. 'He's really trying his best to spend time... if Dad and I are busy, he would ta--'

'If it isn't the two!'

Kyungsoo glared the moment he saw his classmates greeting with that teasing look on their faces, while Sehun, being the airhead he is, is confused. 'What is it now?'

'Hey chill, class rep,' spoke one as he raised his hands. 'We're just going somewhere, you know?And also did Mr. Son told you?'

'About what?'

'There's a transferee coming today from Japan.'

'Eh?' He gave them a confused look while the two shared excited faces, nudging each other like fools in broad daylight. 'I hope it's a pretty girl~ I hope she makes this ty life better~'

Spoiler alert: He isn't. He's handsome though.

So after saying goodbye to Sehun and entering to a classroom full of gossip in anticipation and excitement, Kyungsoo felt like there's gonna be an extra responsibility given to him. After becoming the class representative, he would be the one guiding his newly transferred classmates like some HR employee, but he knew this year's new transferee would be a bit difficult as they are from another country--he can sense the language barrier coming up to them, but he hopes they learned, hopefully.

The cheerful, always smiling Mr. Son finally arrived as soon as the bell rang, and narrowed his eyes as he felt the anticipation in the air. 'Why can I feel everyone being excited, huh?'

He scanned towards the classroom before calling someone. 'Lee Changmin-ssi!'

'Yes, sir!'

'Do you feel what I'm feeling?'

'Yes, sir!'

'Why is that?'

'It's because of the transfer student, sir!'

'Ah, is that so?' He replied before gesturing him to sit down. 'Since you are all waiting for him....'

The atmosphere in the room is full of excitement, with the students waiting for their prayers to be answered. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, hopes they won't be a pain in the .

Mr. Son glances at the door and smile. 'Please introduce yourself.'

If your wondering which prayers have been answered, it's the girls and the gays (and biuals too)! Everyone's eyes widened in wonder as his perfect skin, beautiful black hair, and handsome face entered the room---he's a work of art!

He gave a grin on his face as he looked around before bowing. 'Hello, I am Kim Jongin. I hope I'll have a great time with you today.'

While everyone gasped at such god of beauty, our dear class president Do Kyungsoo felt his heart jumping up and down in shock.

That person is a pain in the .

God, why the is he here of all places?

 


After woken up by a series of pan-hitting by Minseok, Jongin finally arrived to his new school, and the energy it radiates compared to his previous school was far different. Thus, this activates his fight or flight response between himself. Being an introverted person, he hated being with people--even more being in a new environment. It's the worse time of the year for him as he hates introducing himself to a bunch of new faces, which he knew will end up being interrigation with his classmates.

He wanted to sigh as he waited outside the teacher's office. If only he was here, he though. Upon his realization, he immediately shook his head. That's enough, Jongin. That's enough.

'Are you Kim Jongin?' He raised his head to see a teacher smiling at him. He doesn't remember anything happen afterwards---probably his nervousness went in his veins--but once he does, he finds himself in front of everyone, smiling.

Knowing everyone's eyes are all over him, Jongin wanted to scream.

Please, stop watching me! Please!

But alas, those are thoughts he has to keep for himself, for his classmates will find him a freak. But he can't blame himself though: it's the first day at your new school, and it's different compared to your previous ones. They aren't opening ceremonies and anything, plus it's a new environment, along with you knowing no one in this school. His hands went cold and sweat slowly dripped down his frozen skin as he stood on his place while the teacher introduced himself to him with a smile. Afterwards, his words went out from his ear like it was nothing, as he was focusing on trying to look confident to everyone, until...

'Class rep!'

...Mr. Son called someone he thought he'll never meet again.

Jongin's eyes widened as he saw him stand from his seat; face serious. He took a long look at his face: his thick, black hair, his round, double-lid eyes, and thick, puckering lips---He felt a heavy dent on his chest.

You're still the same.

It has been so long since he last saw him---he was never vanished from his mind nor forgotten despite his countless attempts of doing so, and that heavy feeling in his chest slowly turned into loud beats of his heart, making him realise that no matter how long he has seen him...he's always the one in his heart.

And so, he thought... it wouldn't be bad for him to win him back, right?

'Please be with him until he finally knows the what, where, how here,' His eyes widened more as he heard Mr. Son's words. Confused, he asked, 'Sir, why?'

'Oh, the class representative in each class has the responsibility to guiding transferees.'

What the ? He started to frantic after realising the situation he was in. Why him of all people? He looked back at Kyungsoo, and he felt his whole body going cold as he saw the stoic look on his face.

'Shouldn't a friend guide me, sir?' Mr. Son raised his eyebrows. 'You have a friend here?'

'Er...that is...' He sighed in defeat. 'No, sir.'

'See? It's better to have the class rep do it.' He patted his shoulder. 'Now find a seat that suits you the best.'

Jongin could only sigh in defeat as he went to the seat near the window. As soon as he sat, he immediately glanced at the back of the boy, making him bury his face with his hands in embarrassment.

I do want him back, but not in this way!