Sadness / Angst | Lia

Emotions

Lia felt sad when she knew that she’s the one who needs to be taken care of. Yuna felt sorry for her, and most of the time, Ryujin and Chaeryeong ignored her sometimes. 

 

Yeji would most often ask her questions but she couldn’t answer.

 

L: It’s about time to overthink. Should I really say what I’m feeling right now? Actually, I shouldn’t. I could picture what’s going to happen in my head.

 

She always felt sad, she hid this because she doesn’t want the others to worry about her, she already had Yuna worry about her.

 

FLASHBACK:

 

The girls were having fun, they celebrated their many years of friendship. They were all happy, except for one.

 

Lia felt like for all the years she was with the rest of the group, she was a bother to them. She was loved by them. For her, she didn’t.

 

Lia never loved herself, the only times she did was when she was young. She lost happiness when she made friends with the four.

 

She thought she would feel better, but she wasn’t. The four asked her about why she looked sad. Even if Lia faked it, everyone knew that something was up with her.

 

BACK TO THE PRESENT:

 

YN: Unnie, why are you sad?

 

Lia should definitely tell Yuna about what she’s feeling until now, she should do so. If it was too late, everything would have teared apart.

 

L: Can we go to somewhere private? I should keep this between you and I only. Please, just keep this for now, I’ll also tell the others, but at the right time.

 

YN: I know what you will say unnie. Come on, I’m not going to tell this to others, I promise.

 

L: Thanks Yuna...

 

Because they were at Ryujin’s house, Yuna and Lia had to get out for a private conversation.

 

L: I know it’s hard for me to say this but, it’s been many years since I last looked really happy. You probably would see me sad at different times.

 

L: I had to fake it Yuna, that’s why you knew something was up, the others know it. I’m talking to you since you’re the one who feels bad for me.

 

L: I felt that you guys didn’t need me. I always felt sad because I was too much to handle for you guys. You saw me sad at the anniversary. You asked me why I’m sad.

 

L: I know you’re worried when I’m sad but you didn’t want me when I’m happy. I’m tired of all of this. You know what? Forget it, I didn’t want this to happen. But it really happened.

 

L: This angst is real bad. I’ve been crying for days when I think of it. In conclusion, I felt like I was a bother to you guys.

 

YN: I know unnie, we have been asking questions about that. You didn’t seem to want to talk about it. I understand that it’s personal. But at a time like this, it’s been many years.

 

YN: I’m glad you have told the truth. But why did you bottle up your sadness? Is it because we wouldn’t care?

 

L: Exactly...

 

YN: You must have been overthinking too much unnie. You’re thinking the impossible.

 

(L: It’s about time to overthink.)

 

YN: It must have been hard for you to deal with us. Me being the most worried and sorry for you, I was the only one who could understand you.

 

L: Thanks for being the one I would talk to, you’re the perfect person to talk to for now...

 

YN: No problem unnie...

 

Both the oldest and the youngest walked back to Ryujin’s house and back to their rooms.

 

L: Yuna, thanks again.

 

YN: *thumbs up*