Why is she always cooking for me?

Flower Fairy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Flash back on Sooyoung's freshman year in college]

 

"YVES!" A guy called for my nickname back in highschool. Yes, I was called Yves back then. It's some sort of a stage name at school since I would always dance on stage, also everyone at the dance academy called me by that name as well. I can't really remember how it started, but that's that. I just got used to it.

"Hyung!" I greeted the guy back. He is my closest friend since highschool, and we both went to the same highschool, and same dance academy. He is a year older than me. We didn't really plan to go to the same university as he does, but I guess we're really inseparable.

Some people even think of us as a couple. I would always cringe on the thought. I never thought of him as someone I'd get romantically involved with. We both have been clear with that from the start.

 

It is my first day today, so he decided to meet me for lunch. We went to the nearest cafe and hangout there.

"You finally made it here, huh? How's your first day going?" He asked.

"Normal? Awkward?" I replied.

"You haven't made any friends yet?" He asked again.

"Why do you sound like my mom?" I told him giving a grump look. He laughed at me.

"By the way, our friends are planning to have a drink tonight." He said and I interrupted him

"Yeah, I know. I read the message in our group chat." I stared at him, "and you came up with that idea of bringing a total stranger as a first day tradition?!" I told him.

He laughed at me getting pissed at his idea, "What? It sounded fun, and everyone is excited about it. C'mon Yves! It will be fun!"

"What choice do I have, right? I don't want to pay for the whole thing tonight. I know how you guys drink and it's A LOT!" I told him and he couldn't stop laughing at me. Yeah, our friendship is like this. We're like siblings who seem to always fight. He is like a soft brother to me, and I'm that snobbish sister who is always angry at him. But whenever we needed someone to listen to our thoughts we were always there for each other. We understood each other so well. He is my bestfriend.

 

I went to my next class after that. I went inside our classroom, and sat on the last seat at the side. The chair next to me was empty then. I looked around, and it seems that everyone is sort of acquainted already. Well, I guess there are those people that can easily get friends. I'm not that type though.

A little later, a girl came by our classroom. I guess I could say that she caught my attention. She had that different aura from the others. She was sort of sweet and strong at the same time. She walked towards my direction, and looked at the seat next to me. I guess she went to the first empty seat she saw. She sat next to me. I greeted her with a bow, and looked away. It was awfully silent between us. Normally, you'd start a small talk when this happens, right?

I glanced at her, since I was really curious about her. She placed her elbow on the table infront of her and rested her chin on her palm. She was looking at the pamphlet the school gave us as we entered the university. She noticed me looking at her, so I looked away immediately and pretended to look at my phone.

Then I got a text from hyung. He reminded me about tonight's party. That I needed to bring a stranger. It made me feel cold sweat, as I thought this girl next to me could be the only person in this room I want to take with me. At least I could bring someone beautiful. So I gathered all of my thoughts and words to talk to her.

"You need something?" She spoke. She beat me to it. I guess I was so obvious. "Do you want to look at this?" She was referring to the pamphlet.

"Sorry, I was just gonna ask you something..." I stuttered a bit, "Would you like to go to a party after class?" That's when I realised that I was too straightforward and she might not approve of it. Cold sweat ran to my forehead.

"All of a sudden? Like what? Wow. I thought you were going to ask for my name." She said while she covered with her hand, and laughed at the thought. Maybe she thought I was funny.

"I'm sorry, I'm not really used to this. Honestly, we have this challenge to bring a stranger later, if not, then I'll have to pay for everything..." I explained to her, and got cut off.

"Still not gonna ask for my name?" She said, "I'm Jinsoul. Jung Jinsoul. Don't go asking around strangers without telling them your name first. What were you thinking."

"A-ah! I'm really sorry." I felt so embarassed, "I'm Ha Sooyoung. I'm sorry. Nice to meet you." I can't remember how many times a bowed at her that it took me a while to realize she was holding her hand out waiting for a handshake. I shyly touched her hand and shook it.

"Great!" She said. "Where's the party going to be held? Do we go there after class?"

"Yeah, I'll drive our way there." I told her with my soft voice.

"Ooooh! Great!" She enthusiastically said.

 

After our class, we went to the bar where our little party will be held. It was a little early, we came at 6, and no one was there yet. So we decided to just stay inside my car, and just listened to some music. She was looking at her phone, watching videos. She sometimes would tell me that she likes the current song that was playing.

Someone knocked at my window, though I already know who it was. I rolled the window down, and hyung was there. He bended and tried to look at who I was with.

"Ohh! You really brought someone!" He told me.

"Of course! You know me. I don't just let you beat me." I told him.

"Yeah... well I guess I lost this time." I looked around him, and saw that he brought his roommate.

"Ha! You couldn't even bring a stranger!" I laughed at his face.

"Yeah, right. Whatever." He rolled his eyes, "Come on, let's go inside."

We stepped out of the car. Jinsoul came out of the car looking so cool. She was tall and had black hair, and her fashion sense made her aura even more like a celebrity. I was in awe just looking at her like that. I noticed hyung looking at her too. I guess he was "starstrucked"?

He repeatedly hit my side with his elbow and whispered, "Yah, yah, how did you manage to bring that girl?"

"First of all, close your mouth. Second, let me introduce you, this is Jung Jinsoul, my classmate." I introduced both parties, and the guys really felt shy around Jinsoul. Ugh! I cringed over hyung so much, he was so obvious that he fell for her immediately. Jinsoul didn't seem to care though.

 

While we were drinking, hyung frequently talked to Jinsoul, and would brag. He's always like this whenever he likes someone. His mood is suddenly different. He would be so extra... at everything. He would be extra funny too. Jinsoul would laugh at him, and with everyone being kinda tipsy. I was not drinking though, since I had to drive home. Jinsoul would be so touchy at times, and would talk to me with her face close to mine. It was kinda embarassing and awkward. But she didn't care, I guess I was just overly conscious.

 

Hyung got drunk so bad though, and we went home. His roommate took him home. They took a taxi since they were both drunk. While I decided to take Jinsoul home. She was drunk too and I had to hold her while walking. I let her sit inside the car, and put on her seatbelt.

"Hey, Jinsoul, I'll take you home. But I need to know where you live first." I asked her, but failed to get an answer since she passed out. "I guess I'll just have to take you to my place."

 

We arrived at my place. It was a struggle, having to hold her while walking, but we made it. She got a little conscious, and repeatedly told her that she can stay in my place, and she should rest before going home.

She would just nod as her response while I settle her at the sofa. It felt tiring tending at a drunk Jinsoul, so I rested for a bit. When I was about to stand up, she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards her. I was completely caught off-guard. I did not expect that. She held my face with both her hands and squeezed my cheeks. She looked at me with her eyes half-open. "You are totally my type. Can we hang out more?" I can never forget how her face looked like while saying those words. Her eyebrows met at the middle, like this ㅅ. It was adorable. But what really caught me off-guard was when she touched my lips with hers.

Yes. She kissed me, and I couldn't think of things that could describe the feeling. It was so unexpected that I just froze there while she passed out again. Why did she kiss me?! And what does she mean by "totally her type"? Or does she mean hyung? Was she thinking that I'm hyung? That could be it...

These thoughts kept me awake the whole night. Jinsoul was still passed out, so I laid her properly on the sofa, and cov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter