Prince

Flower Fairy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Since highschool our physics teacher would always teach us about Newton's Third Law: 'For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.'. This came into my mind just thinking about you. I made actions, but the reactions were completely opposite. When I'm being sweet to you, you avoid me. When I ignore you, you send me messages wanting to see me. I told you I like you, and you tell me that I got it wrong. You're sometimes sweet like I'm everything to you, and most times you act as if we're nothing. What am I to you? I really want to know."

 

Jinsoul voice being heard from the radio while rain gently poured outside the listener's window. She just woke up from an afternoon nap. She moaned, irritated.

 

"Ugh!" She gently reached for the radio placed on a table near her bed, and turned it off.

 

"Yah! Kim Jungeun! Why did you turn it off?" Jeon Heejin yelled, while she was doing her make up.

 

Jungeun looked at her phone and read her messages. One message was from Chuu.

 

*Chuu's Message*

Hello, Kim Jungeun, this is Kim Jiwoo your groupmate. If it's okay, let's meet up at the café tomorrow?

*End Message*

 

"Don't you have class to attend to?" Heejin asked.

 

Heejin and Jungeun share a studio type apartment with a bunk bed. Jungeun sleeps on the top bunk and Heejin at the bottom. They were close since highscool. Heejin was more of an extrovert, a bright and warm person, making friends with everyone, while Jungeun was the cold one who would always ignore her friends. They were... bestfriends, oddly.

 

"Ugh! You're too noisy. Stop asking questions." Jungeun replied coldly.

 

"Whatever. I'll be out tonight. Our friends called us for a drink, wanna come?" Heejin asked.

 

"NO." Jungeun immediately replied while she got up. She stretched her arms, and went down from her bunk. She walked to the kitchen and grabbed some water to drink "and don't you mean YOUR friends, I barely know who you hangout with."

 

"Oh right...and Haseul unnie will be there too." Heejin said.

 

Jungeun was surprised that she nearly spit her water "What? She's home?!"

 

"Yeah, she didn't tell you?" Heejin was puzzled. "She came back yesterday. She really didn't tell you?"

 

"Yeah." Jungeun said with a low voice, and went silent.

 

"I don't know what happened to the both of you. You never tell me anything. I mean obviously I know that you like her. She's the only person who made you soft while you've been ignoring everyone else." Heejin nagged. "But sometimes I wish you would tell me more."

 

Jungeun stared empty to the wall, "It's not important really. I have nothing to tell you."

 

Heejin sighed "Anyway, I know that you want to see her too, so you should come with me."

Heejin convinced Jungeun, and both of them went to the pub together.

 

In the pub, Heejin and Jungeun sat with their friends. Haseul wasn't there yet. They started drinking beer, and hard drinks.

"Heekkii!!!" The girl shouted. Heejin was surprised when she glanced and immediately stood up to hug the girl.

 

"Haseul unnie!!! You're finally here!." Heejin excitingly said and led her to their table. "I missed you so much! Here, let me introduce you to my friends."

 

Heejin introduced Haseul to her friends. And they greeted her, Haseul greeted them as well. She glanced towards where Jungeun was, "Kim Jungeun." Haseul smiled.

 

Jungeun was silent and didn't even look at her. She stood up, "Welcome back, unnie." giving a cold look and went to the bar.

 

Jungeun sat at the bar, and ordered a glass of beer. As she took a sip the girl sitting next to her spoke.

 

"Gosh! I wish I have what you're having now." The girl said.

 

Jungeun glanced with her eyes, wondering if the the girl was talking to her but ignored her anyway.

 

"Is your beer not cold enough, Jinsoul?" the waiter asked in a teasing manner while he wipes the glasses.

 

"Ugh, yes? I'm a regular and I can't believe I'm not getting beer as cold as hers." Jinsoul pointed at Jungeun with her thumb.

 

Jungeun rolled her eyes, and was about to leave, but as she glanced to her friends' table she saw Haseul who was happily talking to everyone. She retracted and settled herself at the bar. Jinsoul noticed this.

 

"Are you having trouble with your friends?" Jinsoul,who was already tipsy, asked, "Hey I can tell that you're a first year, I'm your sunbae. You can tell me aaaanyyyything..." she bragged. "Come on tell me your story."

 

Despite all that, Jungeun still chose to ignore her.

 

"Yah!" Jinsoul snapped, "Stop ignoring me" Jinsoul began to cry as she was already drunk. She grabbed Jungeun's arm and kept tugging it towards her, "Why are you ignoring me? Stop ignoring me."

 

"Is she normally like this?" Jungeun asked the waiter.

 

"Yeeahh, she'll come back to her senses later don't worry." the waiter said, "She's just having a hard time right now."

 

Jinsoul suddenly laughed, "HAHA! Right! A ing hard time!" she cursed, "Damn those people who treated me like trash!". She grabbed her glass and was about to sip when Jungeun stopped her.

 

"You better stop drinking now, sunbae-nim. You're drunk." Jungeun grabbed her glass and finished it. "You might not be able to go home if you get too drunk."

 

"So what? Nobody cares if I get home or not." Jinsoul whined, "Or maybe if you care so much about me, then you can take me home instead."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter