Drunk

Flower Fairy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"See you again next time for another episode of 'Campus Heartaches'. Annyeong!" Jinsoul cheery voice closed that afternoon's radio. She turned off her mic and put down her headphones. She was alone at the radio booth as usual. After all, it was just a university radio booth.

 

"Campus Heartaches my . I'm here making these people feel better, while I can't even help myself. Tsk! Why not change the title to 'How Your DJ Lied To You'! Ugh!" She complained while she cleaned up her script, and turned off all the equipment. Just by this, you can say that she was technically familiar around the booth.

 

She deeply sighed when she got out of the booth. She looked at her phone to check for messages, as if waiting for someone to text her, she sighed again. She checked the time, "I still have to go to class."

 

"Jinsoul unnie!" a tiny voice called while approaching her.

 

"Ooh! Park Chaewon!" Jinsoul smiled and waved her hand, "What are you doing here?"

 

"I was going to class when I saw you come out of the booth." Chaewon answered, "How are you unnie? Do you still hangout with Sooyoung unnie?"

 

"Eh?" Jinsoul got silent for a while, "I barely see her now."

 

"Ehhh?!" Chaewon was surprised and covered with her hand, "Why?"

 

"She stopped seeing me." Jinsoul said with a sad expression.

 

"Unnie, I'm sorry, I didn't know." Chaewon apologized "If you want we can skip classes and talk about it..."

 

"Nah... I'm fine Chaewon." Jinsoul assured her, "After all we were just friends. It shouldn't be that sad, right?" She smiled faintly.

 

Both of them went to each of their classes. As the day ended, Jinsoul still felt sad, barely giving out energy to whatever she's doing. On-air she would be energetic with a positive calm vibe, but off-air she would lose all of that vibe. She checks her phone again for messages, but there was none.

 

She decides to hangout in a pub where she usually goes. She wasn't really fond of drinking before, but after her heart break, it felt like the only thing that could comfort her.

 

"Oh! Jinsoul!" the bartender immediately recognized her, "What are you having today?"

 

"You know, a glass of beer." Jinsoul replied as she sat down on the tall chair. She checks her phone again, but still, no messages came. Instead, she received an email about tomorrow's radio.

 

After a while she started getting Jägerbombs to drink. She got tipsy after a few shots, and was laughing with the bartender. The bartender puts up with her, he knew her story, and felt bad for her.

 

"That one time, I got so busy with school work and DJ stuff that I forgot to eat dinner. I told her about it since she asked, and she went to my apartment just to bring me food to eat. She didn't leave me until I finished eating." Jinsoul reminisced while looking at her glass, "I just want those memories again. Just when I have finally found someone I could love, and life slaps me in the face and tells me 'this isn't for you, hun!'." Jinsoul started to get teary, she wiped her tears and calmed herself. She began drinking again.

 

She grabbed her phone. At first she would struggle holding it, she was already drunk. "Ha Sooyoung!" She yells in a drunk tone, "Why aren't you calling me?"

 

"Jinsoul-ssi calm down..." the bartender was concerned.

 

Jinsoul calmed down. She started typing on her phone.

 

“Ha Sooyoung-ssi...” Jinsoul recites as she types. There were typos all over, she continued, “Sooyoungie~ Pick me up, I'm so drunk, I don't know if I could still go home.” She sent it, smiled and stared at her phone.

 

She wanted to order for more drinks, but the bartender stopped her. Jinsoul rested her head on the bar. She was still staring at her phone, waiting for it to light up. She eventually passed out. Then someone grabbed her from behind, held her, and stood her up. The bartender was surprised, it was Sooyoung.

 

"Shh!" She gestured with her hand, "If she asks how she got home, tell her it was you." She then handed money to pay for Jinsoul and gave a tip to the bartender for her favor. The bartender nodded.

 

They walked out of the pub, arms around Jinsoul, and guided her to Sooyoung's car. She settled her on the passenger's seat, and buckled the seat belt for her. She went around the car to finally drive their way to Jinsoul's apartment.

 

"Sooyoungie~" Jinsoul whispered, "I'm sorry if I'm giving you a hard time."

 

"Right." Sooyoung continued to drive giving out a sigh, "I know you won't remember this tomorrow, but please stop getting drunk. I'm getting worried."

 

Jinsoul was silent, it seemed like she passed out again.

 

"Jinsoul, I'm having a hard time too." Sooyoung talked to herself and got teary, "I'm sorry that I couldn't choose you. I'm sorry for making you feel all that. I'm sorry for leaving you." She started to cry and had to stop the car, she slapped the steering wheel. She was so upset.

 

She calmed herself, and started driving again until they arrived Jinsoul's place. Jinsoul was still passed out so she had to carry Jinsoul on her back. They went inside, and to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter