seven.

whalien 52

ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ

i looked back at my mother in shock and i can still visualise that vile smirk she gave me.

a smile pierced through my face.

oh, what an evil scheming she is

"excuse me, have you reserved a table, miss?" an employee hurriedly made their way towards me and questioned.
"yes, it'll probably be under the name jung il guk," i responded and her eyes grew wide.
"o-oh yes, please come this way."

i followed her into a room where i was found being stared and judged at from the moment i walked in.
my mother and step father's view was locked onto me. 
jungkook and soojung were sat on the right side but there were also a few unfamiliar faces opposite them, there were two young men who seemed to be in their early 20s.
i glanced at jungkook but he only looked straight ahead, he's avoiding me.
"guess i'm late to the party, my bad." i sneered.
i could hear my mother sigh in disappointment.
i sat next to soojung, not like i wanted to but oh well.
"next time, could you perhaps have some decency and come earlier than our guests?" my mother hissed through gritted teeth.
"only when you have the decency to treat me like your biological daughter." i replied with the same aggression.
i picked up the napkin and placed it on my lap while simultaneously saying, "which you clearly fail to do so,"

i looked forward at the two men and they were staring directly at me, almost star struck. i could detect a few big gulps being swallowed and a thorough eye contact. what is wrong with them?

"u-uhm, hello miss yoojung, my name is kim youngmin." he abruptly stood up and flaunted his expensive looking suit.
"ah," i slightly bowed and pulled a judging look as i scanned him up and down.
he cleared his throat and began again,"i'm the third son of the Golden Line Association and i am holding 1.5% of the company stock."
i took a sip of water from the glass in front of me, "and why do i need to know this?"
my mother let out a small chuckle and gestured him to sit down, "i'm so sorry about this."
she faced me and explained, "sweetie, i forgot to tell you but this meal is in place to find your suitable partner," 
i was speechless?
i didn't have anything to so and i didn't want to say anything as well. i just wanted to leave.
after all that hope of finally becoming a family...
"my name is song sam, and i am the only son of YP Ent. i am currently attending Seoul Excellence Colleg-" before he could begin his introduction, i cut in.
"so what if you're in a great college?"
"e-excuse me?" he countered in disbelief.
"don't think that being born into great families and attending good colleges will fool me into forgetting the fact that you were caught gambling." i glared at him straight in the eyes and i could feel his nervousness rising higher.
i could hear my mother gasp but i wasn't done.
"at the age of mere 15," 
"n-n-no! you must've been misinformed miss yoojung." he kept glancing at my parents for their reaction.
"oh?
then how about," i paused for a second, "the incidence where you were sent to the juvenile detention centre bc you threatened a student for money, which later on resulted to their death.

very bold and, incredibly greedy coming from the only son of YP Ent. very ironic, huh?"

"sit down." my step father spoke and instantly he did. kangho didn't seem to have any shame to put his head up so he only looked down at his hands, serves him right.

"i've heard a lot about you miss yoojung but i didn't imagine you were this mischievous. i seem to have a liking towards you," youngmin chuckled.
"ah?" i tilted my head, "did you perhaps think i forgot about your problematic past? well, you're going to like me even better now,"
his face softened. 
"you know, being the son of businessmen rlly must get you in frequent involvements with embezzlement, am i right?" 
he only glanced around in the room but didn't mutter a word. 
"that's enough, it seems like this meeting has gone astray." my step father announced and threw his napkin on the plate in front of him.

"so what if you're the son of the infamous Golden Line Association? you're only the third and the youngest one in line for inheritance." i giggled.
"don't tell me that you possibly think you have a chance in inheriting the company? after your embarrassing incidences, only a blind fool would be dumb enough to let you handl-"
"enough, yoojung!" my step father shouted. 
a smile broke through my face, "it seems i've ruined the mood so i'll be off." i stood up and threw the napkin on the table.
i looked down at my mother and spoke,"if you want to arrange future meetings with me again, i'd advise you to atleast tell me the context first. but fear not, i'm fully convinced that this will be our first and final family meal,"