two.

whalien 52

ᴏɴᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴄʀɪᴇꜱ

my fists clenched.

"teacher's coming!"
someone screams as people hurriedly flee in fear. 
"you got lucky ." soojung spits on her and walks away with her friends.

i stood for a few minutes, not the behaviour i was expecting of students from such prestige school. maybe i should write a bad review on their website?

everyone started to scatter and the girl was still sat there covered in blood, weeping.
i made my way towards her and grabbed a hankerchief,
"need a hand?"
she looked up. her eyes were in distraught, puffy from crying and tears still escaped. but,

she smiled.

even through her situation, she managed to smile.
"thank you," she croaked in a brittle tone as she weakly tugged on the hankerchief and began wiping the blood off her face. 
"what's happening?" i heard a gruff voice resonate.
i turned around and saw a teacher and his gaze was locked on the girl below me.
"take her to the medic room please," he looked at me, sighed and placed his hands on his hips.

i embraced the girl's shoulder, attempting to be a supporting pillar for her to lean on. 
i glanced back at the teacher.
he seemed to be in deep thoughts, grabbing his hair in a mixture of worry and anger.

once we got there, the nurse groaned in annoyance, "how many times has it been this month, sooah?"

"i'm sorry," she curled her head down.

i waited patiently as she was inspected and bandaged.
"are you not going to report her?" i suggested.
"i can't." her frail voice spoke.
"why's that?"
"you wouldn't want to know."
"then what about the teachers? they must've witnessed it."
the nurse glimpsed at me.
"they wouldn't help me."

i no longer asked her questions, i mentally couldn't. 
she seems so emotionally damaged.

"there, you're done," the nurse gleefully spoke and
she stared at me for a few seconds,"take her back carefully. please."
"sure."

"also, can i have a word with you," the nurse eyed sooah,
"privately."

sooah slowly balanced herself and started staggering towards the door, "i'll wait for you outside," she forcibly smiled.

i turned to face her, she was cleansing her utensils. 
"i'm guessing you're new to this school?" she questioned with her gaze pinned at her medical equipment.
"today is my first day." i replied.
"i advice you to stay away from that girl, she's nothing but trouble. she always comes here from having fights with bruises and wounds all over her body, i've actually lost count." she giggled and glanced at me.
"have you ever asked her why she gets into fights?"
"that's because, well, i'm not someone who likes to meddle in other people's situations."
"this is why people like you don't deserve authority." i declared.
"excuse me? how dare you talk to yo-"
"as someone who claims to not 'meddle in other people's personal business', i don't think you have a right to insult someone. let alone a student in your own workplace."
she stared momentarily in awe and scoffed.
"well. with all due respect, i'll take my leave." i concluded and made my way out.

i opened the door and saw sooah standing there. 
"you should've gone ahead." i muttered and speeded ahead, already annoyed at the turns of events. 
"are you new here? no wonder i didn't recognise you." sooah exclaimed and struggled to keep the same pace.
i looked behind and saw her limping slowly.
i sighed.
"today is my first day."
"let's be good friends, my name's kim sooah."
"my name's," i paused,
"jung yoojung,"
i hate deceiving people.
"oh that's a pretty name," she responded.
"it's really not." i gruffed and began walking.

"WAIT!
i wanted to say thank you." she blurted.
"for the hankerchief? no problem." i harshly replied, wanting the conversation to end.
"no,"
"taking you to the medics? no big deal."
"that's not it," her voice gradually became quieter.
"what is it then?" i turned around and asked in frustration.

"for-"

brring~

"i'm sorry, can we continue next time? i need to get to class," i hurriedly mumble and fast walked away. i scrambled through my pocket to find my class number,

room 52

i took a deep breath before entering. everyone was having their own conversations, studying or even sleeping. i stood there, not knowing what to do.

i don't even know where i sit omg

"uh-hum." someone cleared their throat from behind me. i turned around and saw the male teacher from before, he then started smacking his books on the door, drawing attention.

"get to your seats now."
i made way for him to come through, awkwardly standing there. 
he casually trodded towards the front podium. 
"first thing in the morning, get your homeworks out. people who didn't do it will receive severe punishment." he announced,
"but first, as you can see, we have a new student."
he diverted his eyes to me, "come introduce yourself."

i sauntered in front of the desk. their eyes were on me, it was as if lasers were shooting out.
"my name is jung yoo jung," i stated. 
done.
i analysed my new classmates, some students had caught my eyes.
a smart geek with his flashing glasses from the reflection of the sun.

2 girls near the back, who wore heavy makeup and their eyelashes were flying outwards

2 girls near the back, who wore heavy makeup and their eyelashes were flying outwards.
one of their hair was brown and in two side ponytails whilst the other one had short, black bob.
soojung was sat next to them, eye rolling.

"w-was that it?" the teacher asks, surprisingly shocked. 
"yes."
"are you related to jung soojung?" a voice bellows from the back, not someone i had noticed.
he had dark brown hair, which was messy but somewhat appealing. his eyes creased when he smiled and his lips disappeared to form an elongated, rectangular smile.
"perhaps." i quickly answered and everyone muttered and mumbled. 
i saw the two girls leaning near soojung and they started whispering to each other.
"ahah, class give her a clap," the teacher insisted and as the crowd applauded, he scanned the room,"ah! sit near the window on the back row for now. we don't have a spare seat."
i paced to my seat and looked around. on my left was the beautiful view of the school field and to my right was,, a guy sleeping.