five.

whalien 52

ꜱᴏ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ɪᴛ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ꜱᴛᴀʏꜱ Qᴜɪᴇᴛ

"talk about invading personal issues," i muttered in disbelief.
"oh i'm sorry," he replies startled,"i didn't mean to sound nosy. i just,,"

"just?" i was growing impatient.

"relate to you."

"sure you do, so now you guys want to mock my family situation?" 
"that's not my intention," he counters.
"mhm," i reply in response.
"i'm in a tight spot myself. trust me, i don't have the right to be ridiculing other people." he spoke and clasped his hands together.

i stared at him, unable to process anything. my mind went completely blank. 
it's weird to see people going through the same struggle.
"my bad," i silently answered and then the room went tense once again.

"if you don't mind, i'm all ears for rants," i suggested and i hear a muffled chuckle,
"or maybe not, never mind."

"no. actually i," he turns to face me and smirks,"appreciate the thought."

"let's play a game, we ask each other a question back and forth." he recommended with excitement.
"what makes you think i would play with you?" i retorted and leaned back on the sofa.

"here we go again with the feistiness, it's no luck when you just attempted to comfort me," he pointed out and i was took off guard.
i laughed in disbelief,"i did not!"
"if i estimate, i could've smelt your curiousity from 10 miles away," we both fall into a rhythm of snorts,"so are we playing?" 
"i guess so,"

"ok, i'll start," jungkook clears his throat and glances at me.
"wait, why are you going first?"
"must you complain about everything miss jung?" he whines and takes a sip of his drink.
"go on then."

he takes a deep breath,
"you're a , aren't you?" he states and my jaw drops.
"what makes you think that?" i gushed in surprise.

he's so unpredictable

"isn't it obvious? you don't talk to many people and you always have that," he paused for a moment to give the -resting face,"expression. i'd be more surprised if you ever had intimate contact with animals than humans," 
"for your information, i'm a dog lover and i actually did have a boyfriend before," i countered but it just caused jungkook to laugh more.
"and who was that?" he inquires while he lays down on the sofa to cackle.
"i thought it was one question at a time mr jeon." i
spoke through gritted teeth and interrupted his amusement.

"ok, i'm calm." he over-dramatically inhales and exhales.
"you have std, don't you?" i smiled.

he was taken aback by my ruthless comment,"i'm slightly offended to be viewed as a boy,"
"i don't recall naming you that," i answered innocently.
"i don't have std, it may be hard to believe because of my gorgeous looks but it's the truth." he closes his eyes and purses his lips simultaneously.

        

"oh dear," i rolled my eyes,"your turn,"

"hm, im interested in what you meant when you said soojung "stole your mother"?" he looks at me again, this time he didn't turn away,"you're not obliged to answer, of course."

my eyes quickly diverted,"hm well," i began, deep in my thoughts,"my mother moved into her house and i haven't seen her in weeks, i don't think she's even willing to see my face." i let out a short chortle. 
"it's immature but,

i'm jealous, i've never had a special bond with my mother. it's almost as if she avoids me, but sometimes i want to manipulate myself into thinking that's just who she is. maybe she never intended on having children from the start," i turn to jungkook, he was very focused.
"and then, i saw soojung and my mother together. even i would've started to believe they were blood related." i looked down at my hands and started fiddling with them.

"it's not immature at all. it's just,
what having a sibling feels like. i have an older sister but she moved out before i was born, so i never really felt any neglect at that time. but when my little sister was first born, my parents were so affectionate of her, it just,, made me jealous and i despised her." he began.

"but then, a fire had started at home one day and my parents were at work. quite irresponsible to leave a 10 year old kid to babysit, huh? but. 
that was the moment i realised how helpless she was, in her cradle all she did was cry. i had no choice but to be protective of her. that's,,"
"some character development," i finished his sentence,"so you guys have a 10 years gap? wow your mum is incredible," 
"yeah," his voice trailed off and he blankly stared at the wall.
after a few seconds i added,"sorry, did i..?" 
"no, it's fine. she's uhm," he gulped,
"ill. it's been about 5 months now. but you're not wrong, she is incredible."
"oh, can i ask what illness it is?" i questioned then deeply regretted.
stupiddddddd

"actually, i'm sorry. you don't have to answer at all if you're uncomfortabl-"

"stage 3 cancer."

i mumbled in shock,"i'm so sorry."

"for someone with such strong first impression, i'm surprised you're this apologetic." he joked, probably sensing my discomfort.

"so now we're going to ridicule my lack of capability to comfort someone," i jeered and crossed my arms.

"but what do you mean by strong first impression?" i asked and leaned forward towards him.

am i scary or something?

"you tell me." he sipped his glass of coke again.
but just as i was about to open my lips,
"i can't believe these were the only snacks there!"

i looked at the door and saw them 3 finally back from their journey around the globe.

"what took you guys so long?" i questioned.

"what happened was, we went to the toilet but soojung's cubicle door miraculously locked her in. so we were stuck there for about 10 minutes." soojung explained, but i could somehow sense the sarcasm in her tone.

"i'm going to fire that granny's . how can she not even have the key to her own damn public toilets?" soojung began tapping furiously at her phone.

jungkook quickly got up and grabbed it,"i don't think it's necessary to go that far soojung."

"are you telling me what to do? do you not understand i have the upper hand here? i can
easily fire your father."