four.

whalien 52

ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴇᴀʀ ɪᴛ

once sooyoung came back with a white plastic bag full of crisps and milkshakes, she emotionlessly spoke,

"yoojung, you know what they say.

curiousity always kills the cat."

"actually," i deflected,"the accurate and correct proverbial expression is curiousity killed the cat,"

"wow, you sound like you're talking in another language," soyeon exclaimed with open. 
"i was close anyways," soyoung rummages in her thin-materialed bag,"milkshakes anyone?"

so they don't want to tell me

"hey guys, nice to see you all getting along with my sister!" i feel arms around my shoulders and as i turn around, i see soojung and jungkook beside her.

"she's cool. and actually digs my humour unlike some," soyoung rolls her eyes and soyeon nudges her.
"oh shut up soyoung. you have the driest humour, get over it," soojung snaps soyoung bites her lips in frustration,
"anyways, i need to talk to my lil sis in private."

what's with these private chats today

she grabs my hand and drags me out, it was such huge force.

once we arrive at what seemed like an abandoned library consisting of dusty books, i surely was prepared for this outcome.
it was only the 3 of us in this dark and creepy room.

"when you said talk 'privately', i wasn't expecting a third party," i spoke with wandering eyes.

jungkook was leaned against the wall in the shadows, but you could feel his presence from a mile away. 
it was suffocating.

"i don't have the time to chit chat so i'll get straight to the point. listen, yoojung or whatever your name is, we may be sisters on legal documents but i will never consider you as one. why? because you're nothing but a blood bacteria to my family so don't ever speak of my name and go around telling everyone we're related to gain rep." soojung lectured.

after a few seconds i started,
"my time to speak, right?" 
"i don't really want t-"
"well listen here, you brat. i don't want to be your sister or even involved with you, so we got that bit clear. why? because you're a bully who abuses their daddy's power. you remind me of a phrase i heard recently,
all you amount to is a privileged ."

i heard a quiet scoff in the shadows as soojung's eyes dart in that direction.

"is that the best you can do? how disappointing," soojung retorts and folds her arms with a sharp glare.

"what would be more disappointing is if your beloved daddy was aware of your aggressive behaviour in school, you wouldn't want that, would you?"

"you wouldn't dare, you don't even live with us, what makes you thin-"

she pulled my last string

"exactly, you wouldn't want that. if i move in, i will take everything and leave you more worthless than you are already are." i hissed whilst walking towards her, i felt her breath on my face and her shocked expression was ever so amusing. 
"as if you can tak-," soojung's voice grew weaker. 
"just look at your education and bad grades, who do you think our father would favour more? at the end of the day, one of us will have to inherit the company and predictably, your limited brain capacity excludes you out of the options automatically." i scowled and smirked at her nervousness.
"he's not your father." soojung snarled under her breath, her hands were in tight and small fists, shaking violently. 
"you know, the difference between us is that stealing my mother is your highest limit, but i can easily swipe everything you own."
i stated,"i'm trying to live a normal and quiet life, you'd be stupid enough to test me again."
she gulped.

so she acknowledges it

i strode my way out of the room, with my chest as prideful as it could get.

and so, the days repeated over and over again. it almost felt as if i was starting to be more comfortable. and then one morning,

"good morning mr.lee," i spoke as i was entering the car.

"right, class is over," mr gong smirks and grabs his books,"you guys better go home and do your homework or you'll stay dumb forever." 
once he leaves the room, hundreds of conversations were being held. it's been a week and i still haven't gotten used to this exhausting and busy atmosphere.

'let's go eat spicy rice cakes'

'i want to do karaoke'

'i have to go to an after school academy ugh'

"do you guys want to come to karaoke with us?" i glanced and saw soojung standing near the twin's desks. 
"sure," soyeon replied,"but you're paying!"
"of course!" and both of them start giggling.
"who's us?" soyoung questioned as she placed her books and pencil case in her bag.
"me and jungkook of course, silly," soojung frustratingly taunted.

just at that moment soyoung locks an eye contact with me and smirks.

hold on, that smile means bad intentions

i quickly gather my belongings into my bag but i feel a hand grip on my shoulder.
"you can't miss the party, yoojung," soyoung cackled,"soojung, your lil sis is coming."

so there i was.

sitting on the sofa awkwardly in the gloomy room as soojung and soyeon sing together. 
VERY OFFTUNE.
the music was too loud, off putting actually. you could literally feel the vibrations from the huge speakers.

i look around and see soyoung busy on her phone, perhaps texting someone?
and jungkook was,, staring straight back at me.
i gave him a glare and looked away in an instant. 
"jungkook, sing a song!" soojung pulls his arms and he reluctantly does as she says.
why does he do everything she tells him to?

he was  unexpectingly very good at singing. his soft and delicate voice was almost like a lullaby to my ears. 
and then it started, 
the screeching, 
disgusting, 
horrible, 
atrocious 
and very offtune 'singing' of soojung.

is this a first hand experience of both heaven and hell?

i had mixed emotions throughout this song.
"my ears hurt," soyeon whispers to me and i let out a small chuckle.
finally after the awful duet ended, 
"soojung, let's go get some food and drinks." soyoung beamed and forcibly grabbed hold of soyeon and soojung.
"w-wait why me?" soyeon unfazedly commented until they were out of sight.

this became even more awkward.

"do you want to sing?" jungkook asks, attempting to break the ice.
"no thanks, i don't do that." i respond and it was back to the tense atmosphere.

"uhm, i heard about your family from soojung," i take a glimpse at him, he was scratching the side of his hair.

a sign of nervousness

"talk about invading personal issues," i muttered.
"oh i'm sorry," he replies, startled,"i didn't mean to sound nosy. i just,,"

"just?" i was growing impatient.

"relate to you."