Chapter 1

Next To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"That's like, the fourth time you sterilized that set of needles, Lisa. I think that's more than enough." Yohan chuckled as he wiped the table clean. They've been friends for more than 3 years now, seeing that Yohan had the same passion for art as she has. 

 

Lisa only huffed in response as she continued washing the needles. Yohan couldn't take it anymore so he walked toward the other girl, staring at the latter in disbelief.

 

"It's only our 3rd day in Seoul, Lis. You need to chill." The boy muttered as he grabbed a hold of Lisa's hand successfully removing her grip from the needles.

 

"I bet you haven't fixed your room yet."  Yohan uttered. 

 

He's not lying though. Since they moved to Seoul three days ago, the first thing Lisa did was to check whether the garage of the 2-storey apartment they rented was identical to the description in the aparment listing. And it was. Lisa could not stop decorating it --- and by decorate means leaving a dozen of aerosol spray cans empty after making her art on the walls of the garage.

 

 

“Be honest with me, have you even checked if you’re uniform’s available already? I got mine delivered this morning.” Yohan propped as he placed his hands on his waist while looking at Lisa bemusedly. 

 

 

“I thought we’re allowed to wear casual? I brought a dozen ripped jeans and a couple of black and white shirts.” Lisa trailed off as she stood up. 

 

 

“Seriously?” Yohan asked.

 

 

“Yes.” Lisa simply replied. She was about to open a drawer containing more needles when Yohan placed himself in the way.

 

 

“Fine. I’ll get it tomorrow. Now, move.”

 

 

Yohan knew it was futile to argue with Lisa-- who already had her mind set so he chose not to push the other girl any further and proceeded upstairs.

 

 

Lisa was finally left alone. She glanced around the garage. Plain black hydraulic tattoo chair in the middle and a stool where she can sit, plus a table  and a cabinet where she keeps all the tools and equipment. She need this to be perfect. 

 

 

Her art is her life after all, and her art is brought to life through her tattoos.

 

 

Her thoughts were cut off when she heard someone knocking on the garage door. She knows it’s not Yohan because he’s not fond of knocking. 

 

 

“Who is it?” She asked. 

 

 

“Hey! Are you guys open?” The person from the other side of the garage door shouted. 

 

The door’s locked so that’s that, stranger, Lisa thought. 

 

 

She walked toward the door and opened it, revealing a man in his early 20s scratching his head. 

 

 

“Sorry, I know it’s late. I just wanted to see if there’s really a new tattoo shop around here.” The guy stated. “I’m Seri.” He offered his hand and Lisa gladly shook it. 

 

 

“So uhm- is the tattoo artist here? I heard he’s great and I really want my tattoo done by him.” The guy stammered. Lisa tried to contain her laughter as she watched. 

 

 

“Yohan’s probably dozed off. And he does only 3 pieces a week. You’ll have to wait ‘til next week for that.” Lisa tried to explain. 

 

 

“No, I’m talking about the tattoo artist named Li.” The Seri guy stated. 

 

 

Lisa giggled, earning a weirded out look from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter