Chapter 2

Next To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The first week of classes passed by swiftly and Lisa was bored to death. Were it not for Yohan's persistence, Lisa would probably be dropped out from school because of her absences.

 

It's a Friday afternoon and Lisa decided that it's too much school for a week thus upon having the opportuniy of removing herself from Yohan's proximity, she immediately ran outside of the school premises. Lisa was kind of relieved as she could not stand having another class with Mr. Song who kept on blabbering things business related. God, she could not take one more topic about business. Her parents pushed her to take that business class elective as an exchange for the funds they gave for the tattoo parlor. 

 

She's taking up architecture and Lisa does not really get the correlation of having to take up that business class and her course but she took it anyway, because she really needed the funds.

 

Lisa traversed the road without any plans of where she's going and she realized that she's walking for a while now because the sun had already set. Her feet led her into a bar, in an almost deserted place. She took a glance at the club's signage -- Neon Nights --, she almost laughed.

 

 

Lisa made her way inside and was surprised that the club was more than decent. Only a few people (probably the same age as hers) were inside. 

 

 

She made her way to the bar and ordered a beer. The bartender looked at her weirdly though. 

 

 

"Anything wrong?" Lisa propped with her eyebrow raised. "Not to be obvious but you're still in your uniform." the bartender stated as he chuckled.

 

Lisa looked at what she was wearing and she rolled her eyes. "Then why'd you give me the beer? I can still be underage." Lisa retorted, earning a grin from the bartender. 

 

"You look like you needed it so.." the bartender said. "And you're a college student already, trust me I know." he added.

 

"Where's the comfort room?" Lisa asked and the bartender pointed at the said direction. 

 

Luckily, she always brought with her an extra set of clothes so she changed her outfit. 

 

On the way out, Lisa almost bumped into a shorter woman wearing a tight black dress. She said sorry but then she heard a “tsk” from the said woman.  Lisa chose not to reply as she would like to reserve her energy for some drinking time alone. 

 

“What took you so long?” the bartender ask. “I’m gay.” Lisa responded earning an amused look from the bartender. 

 

“Don’t worry, I’m not hitting on you! I’m gay too!” The bartender explained. Lisa shook her head, realizing how she came off too strong. 

 

“I’m Lisa.” The girl said as she extended her hand. “Kyungsoo.” The bartender replied while smiling. 

 

 

“Shall I get you another bottle?” He asked. 

 

“Please.” She replied.

 

 

“Oh, I got caught up in the restroom. There was this rude woman.” Lisa started. The guy named Kyungsoo just laughed. 

 

“What does she look like?” He asked. 

 

“I didn’t see her face. She’s wearing black though. And she’s also ing rude.” Lisa prodded. 

 

The bartender laughed to himself as he held his stomach. 

 

“That’s J for you.” He said as. He pointed at the dance floor. 

 

It’s almost comical, how this small bar makes her feel weirdly good and looking at the dance floor. She spotted the girl wearing the black dress.

 

 

 

She swayed her hips to the tune of the sensual song playing and since only a few people are dancing, Lisa is able to take a good look of the back shoulder of the girl. 

 

 

She felt a lump in and it feels eerily familiar. 

 

 

"Hey Kyungsoo.." Lisa started and the  bartender hummed in reply as he poured a drink to a shot glass. 

 

 

"That J woman you mentioned, her name's not Jennie, no?" Lisa a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter