Favourite Cake

Aliens on the Dance Floor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aliens on the Dance Floor

Final Chapter - Favourite Cake

 

“My name is Choi Yena and I’ll be your instructor for today!” said Yena with her widest smile.

She was standing in front of Chaeyeon’s private student, Hyewon. Hyewon was looking at Yena from top to bottom with no expression on her face. After a while, she sighed.

“But you’re not Chaeyeon,” she said.

Yena gulped, “Well, yes I’m not but I’ll be her substitute for today-

“Where is she?” Hyewon cuts in, not interested with Yena’s intro.

“She’s taking the week off, but you can still come for lessons-

Hyewon raised her eyebrow, “Why? Did something happened?”

“She-

“Did she fell sick? Or something else?”

“Well, you can say so. But she’ll be back next week, so don’t worry!”

Hyewon shook her head and turned around from Yena. She walked away towards the door.

“Where are you going??”

The tall girl glanced at Yena as she reached the door.

“I won’t be taking lessons if it’s not with Chaeyeon.”

“But I can teach too!”

“I don’t care.”

Hyewon continued, “I’m sorry, I’ll just reschedule my classes to next week.”

 

**

 

Chaeyeon was lying down on the couch in their living room that afternoon, with a book in her hand. It was Saturday. She was so engrossed with reading the book, that she didn’t realize her housemate Yena joins her on the same couch. Yena sat at the far end, purposely on Chaeyeon’s foot.

“Yah Yena, what are you doing?” she asked, annoyed.

Yena pushed her foot away, and Chaeyeon had to give her space to sit. She sat there with a grin, satisfied.

“What are you reading?”

“A book.”

Yena took a closer look.

“Wow an English book! A thick one too! Why are you torturing yourself?!” she asked incredulously.

Chaeyeon pushed herself up and leaned her back on the couch. She pushed back the glasses on her nose and looked at Yena.

“I just want to distract myself.”

Yena scoffed, “By reading English? Is that working?”

Chaeyeon shrugged, “Well, I guess.”

The other girl sighed, “When are you going back to the studio? You can’t keep avoiding her, you know?”

Chaeyeon looked away. She put up her book and pretend to read.

Yena hissed, “See, you’re avoiding the topic! You’re even avoiding my gaze!”

“Who avoiding who?” asked a voice suddenly.

Both of them turned to the voice, startled. The voice does not sounds like their other housemate, Sakura.

Kwon Eunbi was walking towards them, wearing an oversized black t-shirt that belongs to Sakura that fell to her knees. Her hair was messy and she was not wearing any make up. She looks so at home, despite she’s at someone else’s home. She leisurely sat down on the other couch and grabbed the TV remote control.

She glanced at Yena and Chaeyeon who were still staring at her weirdly.

“What?”

Yena cleared , “W-Where did you came from?”

“Kkura’s room,” Eunbi replied, nonchalant.

Yena and Chaeyeon looked at each other, with flustered cheeks.

“I slept in her room last night, sorry if I’m bothering,” Eunbi added with a courteous smile.

Yena shook her head, “No, you’re not bothering us at all! You can sleep with Sakuchan anytime you want!”

Eunbi raised an eyebrow while Chaeyeon buried her face in her book.

Yena’s face turned red, “I didn’t mean THAT kind of sleep, I meant really sleeping! Just dozing off, but I also don’t mind if you guys ‘sleep’ like, how is that any of our business, as long as you don’t wake the whole house while doing it-

“Yena, just stop talking,” Chaeyeon cuts in.

Yena nods, “Yes, I will stop talking now.”

Eunbi looked down and chuckled, and the other two were smiling too. She looked at them and smiled.

“I guess Sakura never brought home anyone before me?” she asked.

Yena snorted, “Honestly I never imagine her dating someone like you. Actually, I thought she might die a .”

Both Eunbi and Chaeyeon laughed. The dancer smacked Yena’s arm, and she was smiling in delight.

Eunbi smirked, “I took care of it. Now she won’t die a , don’t worry.”

Chaeyeon muttered, “I can even attest to that.”

“What?!” Yena exclaimed.

Eunbi heard it and she looked at her, her face pale.

“Chaeyeon did you… wait, was it at Wonnie’s party?”

Chaeyeon chuckled nervously, “I-I didn’t mean to creep! I was just trying to sleep, luckily Hyewon came and offered me her room…”

She saw Eunbi’s gaze on her changed and she looked away.

Eunbi cleared , “Speaking of Hye… was it her that you’re trying to avoid, Chaeyeon?”

The older girl kept her gaze on her, waiting for her reply.

Chaeyeon gulped, “W-Why am I avoiding her?”

“I overheard your conversation with Yena earlier,” Eunbi replied calmly.

The dancer looked down, sighing.

“Don’t avoid her, Chaeyeon. Hye is a nice person, and she really likes you,” Eunbi added.

Chaeyeon snorted, “Define like.”

Eunbi sighed, “Well, I don’t know exactly what kind of feelings she has for you, but she can’t stop talking about you, brags about you, you basically all she ever talk about for the past couple weeks. That’s how she act when she likes someone or something. She once talked about a cake that she loved for months.”

“I know you like her, Chaeyeon. All I’m saying is, please give Hyewon a chance. She’s not a bad person. She’s actually one of the nicest person I know, and I’m not just saying this because she’s my cousin,” the older girl added.

Yena bit her lip and watched the two ladies talking. Eunbi looked serious while Chaeyeon seemed annoyed.

The dancer ran her hand through her hair and sighed, “I know she’s a nice person, Eunbi. I’m not going to deny that.”

“But I don’t think I can remain friends with someone I have greedy feelings for, you know? At least not now. I’m not a saint. I’m just human.”

Eunbi broke their eye contact and leaned her back on the couch.

“You and her need to talk about this,” she muttered.

Chaeyeon scoffed, “Yeah maybe, but that’s none of your business, right?”

Eunbi looked at her, shocked with her sudden tone.

“Just because you’re dating my best friend doesn’t mean that if also gives you the right to meddle in my personal life,” added Chaeyeon.

Yena gulped. The two ladies were staring at each other, and the silence was deafening. She wished she could say some stupid joke that could change the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter