Prawn Canape

Aliens on the Dance Floor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aliens on the Dance Floor

Chapter 1 – Prawn Canapé

 

“Oh my gosh, Jjaeyeon, do I look okay?” asked Sakura to her friend, Chaeyeon.

They were standing in a line, heading towards the entrance where there were two stern looking men in suits guarding it.

Chaeyeon chuckled, “For the 100th time, Sakuchan, you look great! Stop asking me that! You know you look amazing in that dress, right?”

Sakura smiled, “Well, I know I look good but I still need assurance. This is a really important night for me.”

The dark haired girl chuckled as they move forward in the line, approaching the two guards.

“Well, you got the invitation card, right?” she asked to her Japanese friend.

Sakura nodded and showed her the card in her hand.

“I’ve been keeping this card like my life depended on it since I got it from her,” she gushed.

“I still can’t believe that Eunbi personally asked me to come to her birthday party. By the way, thank you for coming with me, Chaeyeon. I don’t know what to do if I come here alone.”

Chaeyeon smirked, “I bet you will ditch me once you meet Eunbi later. She probably wants you all alone…”

Sakura’s face turned red, “No! I won’t do that!”

Suddenly she sighed, “Plus, I don’t think she cares that much if I come or not. I don’t think she noticed me at all. I’m just one of the staff in the office.”

“Hey, you don’t know that.”

“Jjaeyeon, there’s no way she would like me back. I mean, I’m content with liking her from afar. I know my place.”

‘Liking her from afar’ would be an understatement, Chaeyeon thinks. Sakura was completely obsessed with her boss, Eunbi. Being her best friend and also one of her housemate, she has to listen to all the greatness of Kwon Eunbi on daily basis. Sakura would talk about how beautiful she is, what she’s wearing that day, how she smells so nice and their daily interactions. She would keep the things that Eunbi gave her, like the sweets wrapper and the juice's bottle. She even has Eunbi as her wallpaper, cropped from their company’s group photo, and even photoshopped her picture next to hers. It’s quite creepy actually. But she’s still her friend.

“Where’s your invitation card?” asked one of the men.

They were talking so much they didn’t realize that they had already arrived at the checkpoint.

“Here it is,” said Sakura, handing over the card.

 

**

 

“Kkura, I’m so glad you came,” said the birthday girl, Kwon Eunbi.

She reached for Sakura’s arm and held it there for a while.

Chaeyeon can’t tear her eyes away from Eunbi, though the latter only set her eyes on Sakura. She had heard so much about Eunbi, but she never thought she looked this good. The photos doesn’t give her justice at all. She has long reddish hair, with porcelain white skin and an absolutely gorgeous smile. Chaeyeon understood right away why Sakura is so madly in love with the woman. Plus her body is definitely enviable, especially with that bust size.

Sakura was overwhelmed with Eunbi and also the skinship, and she wasn’t able to function for a while. Eunbi’s fingers were grazing on her arm slowly, and it feels like they’re on fire. She stood still, frozen while staring at Eunbi with half open. Eunbi was still waiting for her reply, but as seconds passed, it became awkward. Realizing the situation, Chaeyeon nudged her friend with her elbow.

“Ouch!” Sakura shrieked.

Maybe it was a little too hard.

“Are you okay?” asked Eunbi, concerned.

She held both Sakura’s arm and was fixing her eyes onto hers. It was as if Chaeyeon was invisible.

“I-I’m fine, Miss Kwon, I’m just happy for you! Because it’s your birthday!” replied Sakura with a few awkward chuckles.

Eunbi smiled and tilted her head to the side, “I’ve told you not to call me that if we’re not in the office, right? I’m not your boss here.”

Sakura put a hand on , “Oh, I’m sorry, Eunbi unnie.”

The both of them exchanged smiles and before it got more awkward, Sakura handed her a bag that she was holding.

“This is for you, unnie. Happy birthday!”

Eunbi raised her eyebrows and grinned, “Oh, thank you, Kkura-ya. You don’t have to give me anything, you know?”

“Well, it’s nothing much, it’s not even expensive! Since I know that you like wearing accessories, I got you a bracelet-

“I love it. I’ll wear it.”

“You don’t even look at it yet.”

Eunbi smiled, “I love it because it’s from you.”

Sakura’s face had turned beet red.

“Actually, your presence here, is already a gift to me,” Eunbi added.

The two of them were gazing into each other’s eyes.

Chaeyeon knew it was her queue to leave. She slowly stepped away from them and soon Eunbi was holding Sakura’s hand, dragging her away from the crowd. The dark haired girl chuckled to herself.

“Her boss is totally into her. Did she really have no idea of that?” she talked to herself.

She was left alone, and she already expected it. She walked around, looking at the grand birthday party. It was a garden party, set in the yard of the Kwon’s family residence. The house is huge, it was a two-story bungalow, with a huge garage too. The Kwons are well off. The other guests were all dressing up,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter