Grilled Beef

Aliens on the Dance Floor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alien on the Dance Floor

Chapter 3 – Grilled Beef

 

“Wow, I never thought you’d be a student in my dance class,” said Chaeyeon as she was standing in front of her newest student that morning.

Hyewon stood in front of her with her grin, “Well, I need lessons.”

“I don’t think I ever told you which dance academy I teaches at.”

“I stalked your IG,” replied Hyewon, nonchalant.

Chaeyeon gulped, “You what?”

Hyewon continued, “Your dance videos are amazing. You’re just so cool. Your moves were smooth and on point, I got a crush on you instantly. I looked up the academy at and booked a class with you.”

“I hope you don’t mind having me, honey,” she added.

The dark-haired girl chuckled nervously.

“Of course I won’t mind, babe! Okay, so now that you’re here, do you mind tell me why you suddenly interested in dancing?”

Hyewon zipped down her jacket and put it on the chair nearby, revealing her white crop top that slightly showed her firm abs.

“I have to keep up with the social media trend. TikTok is what it’s all about these days and I have to open an account too. But I can’t dance,” she said it with a straight face.

“Oh come on, I bet you can at least groove to the music, right? You can’t be that bad.”

Hyewon put a hand to her chin, thinking.

“I guess I have the groove, I think.”

Chaeyeon chuckled, “Okay, what kind of dance you’re interested in?”

Hyewon looked at her and smirked, “y.”

“y dance? Okay, why don’t you try it? I’m going to play some music and let you dance freely to it so I can assess the kind of lesson you need.”

“Sure, play me anything.”

The dance instructor went to her phone and picked a song. Sunmi’s song was playing through the studio. The student stood in the middle of the studio, trying to get into the mood. And then the beat starts playing. Hyewon begin to dance by moving her long limbs to the music, both her hands were moving up and down as she stood still. The first verse was almost over and she still hasn’t used her legs.

Chaeyeon was watching her, speechless.

Noticing the teacher’s eyes on her, Hyewon got nervous. She realized that she forgot to use her legs. So she moved her feet, tapping her right foot and then took long strides back and forth, while both her hands are still moving around. The song was coming to an end and she just remembered that it’s supposed to be a y song. So she put her hands on her face, pulling them down all the way to her neck and chest as the song finished.

Her chest was heaving from the dance, and Chaeyeon was still standing where she was like a statue.

Hyewon cleared , “So? I got grooves?”

Chaeyeon shook her head, as if she just got out of a daze.

“Babe…”

“Yeah?”

“You… really at dancing.”

They looked at each other for a while, not saying anything.

Hyewon chuckled, “Now you know why I need lessons.”

Chaeyeon held her gaze, trying to keep a straight face, but it was too hard. She broke into a smile and soon she was laughing her heart out. She fell on the floor, laughing.

“Hahahahaha! I never saw anyone dance like that!”

Hyewon came to her side and smacked her shoulder, “Yah! Stop laughing at my dancing!”

“I thought you were going to fly away! You flapped your hands so much! Hahahaha!”

Her laugh was contagious, and soon Hyewon was laughing too. Their first dance lesson went by mostly with them laughing together, and they both didn’t mind.

Hyewon dragged her out to eat rice cakes afterwards.

 

 

**

 

Teaching Hyewon how to dance was proven to be a challenge, but Chaeyeon wasn’t complaining. Despite her lack of skills, Hyewon showed such great determination and discipline in her lessons. They meet three times a week, 2 hours per class and Hyewon has never once turned up late.

“Honey, do you know how to tango?” asked Hyewon during a lesson one day.

“Tango? Well, yes I know,” replied Chaeyeon with a nod.

“Can you teach me? I watched a movie the other day and the lead characters were dancing, and it looked so cool.”

Chaeyeon smiled, “Okay, come here.”

Hyewon walked to her. The teacher reached for her left hand and grabbed it gently. She looked into her student’s eyes and smiled.

“Come closer, babe.”

Hyewon moved closer to her and Chaeyeon pulled her hand to her side so that they were standing chest to chest with close proximity. Chaeyeon suddenly let go of her hand and put that same hand on her waist. She thought she saw Hyewon’s cheeks turning pink, but she quickly brushed it off, thinking maybe it was just her imagination.

“Put your hand on my shoulder,” she instructed.

Hyewon awkwardly put one ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter