Hot Chocolate

Aliens on the Dance Floor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aliens on the Dance Floor

Chapter 4 – Hot Chocolate

 

Chaeyeon can’t help but look at the arm that was hooked to hers as they walked along the sidewalk. Hyewon really likes linking their arms together, and Chaeyeon has gotten more used to it. She likes how it feels.

They had just finished having dinner at a grilled beef restaurant. Chaeyeon has to admit yet again that her student is great at picking the best restaurant.

“Have you uploaded any videos to your TikTok account?” asked Chaeyeon as they walked.

Hyewon shook her head, “Not yet.”

“Why?”

“Hmm, I don’t think I’m good enough,” she said with a shrug.

“As your dance teacher, I detest that statement. You’ve improved so much!”

“I don’t know about that,” she replied flat.

Chaeyeon stopped in her tracks, causing the other girl to stop too.

“What’s bothering you? You can tell me, you know?” she asked, looking at her face.

Hyewon looked at her and their eyes met. She didn’t say anything for a while and then her lips curled up, flashing a sweet smile. Chaeyeon could’ve sworn she felt her heart stopped beating. She let out a small gasp but she quickly closed .

Hyewon smiled, “You care about me.”

“It feels nice, here,” she said, putting a hand on her chest.

Chaeyeon’s mouth was gaping, gasping for air, “W-Well, of course… we’re friends, right?”

The long haired beauty let out a chuckle and reached for Chaeyeon’s face, cupping her cheeks. The dancer froze upon her touch, and her whole body heated up. She kept praying her face didn’t blush too much.

“Honey, because you’re so kind to me, let me treat you to some dessert,” said Hyewon.

Chaeyeon smiled, “Okay, babe.”

 

**

 

Hyewon took Chaeyeon to a little chocolate café down the street. The café was small and cozy, and there was only one table inside. The owner is Mr. Yoo, a man in his late 60s, who is, judging from the photos on the wall, is a chocolate enthusiast all his life. He’s a retiree who used to worked with a famous chocolate manufacturer in Belgium. Hyewon seems friendly with Mr. Yoo, and Chaeyeon could tell that she came there often. She asked Chaeyeon to sit while she ordered for them.

Chaeyeon watched her from her seat, the long haired beauty talking with the owner. She was smiling and talking animatedly with him like two friends catching up. Hyewon has that something on her, her undeniable charms. It’s not just how she looks from the outside, there are a lot of beauties out there, but Hyewon is the rare one. Hyewon is really good at making you feel comfortable with her, even if you’re meeting her for the first time, Chaeyeon thinks. The way she looks at you, her clear eyes, making you feel like you’re the most important person in the room.

Suddenly Hyewon turned her head towards her, and she stiffened up. She smiled at her as she was carrying two cups of hot chocolate in her hands. Her hair was flowing away as she walked.

She’s too beautiful.

Chaeyeon looked away before she’s bursting into flame.

 

No, Chaeyeon.

Stop it.

 

**

 

The two of them were sitting side by side in the café, sipping on the hot chocolate. Chaeyeon’s eyes widen as she took the first sip of her cup, the sweet and rich taste of chocolate stimulated her tastes buds.

“Best hot chocolate you ever had?” asked Hyewon.

Chaeyeon nodded without saying anything.

“How did you know this place?”

“My ex-boyfriend used to love chocolate so much, so looked it up.”

“Oh,” Chaeyeon hoped she showed neutral reaction to that.

She put up a smile.

“I’m glad it suits your taste.”

Hyewon added in content.

“You asked me before, what’s bothering me, right?” she asked.

The dancer nodded, “Yeah. If only you want to share.”

Hyewon looked ahead, boring her eyes into the box of chocolate on the counter.

“You know my cousin Eunbi?” she begins.

“Hmm.”

“Eunbi is just so pretty, and she’s also so smart and capable. She’s the pride of our family, to be honest with you. Probably the best one among the five cousins. I heard she might even inherit the company,” she continued.

“The five cousins?”

Hyewon nods, “Yeah, there are five of us, the potential heirs to the Kwon Corporation. There’s Kwon Eunbi, the alpha one, because of all the obvious reasons.”

“She’s an alpha?”

“Yes, pardon my usage of Omegaverse, I’m actually quite a nerd, so…” said Hyewon with a sheepish smile.

Chaeyeon chuckled, “It’s okay, I understand the reference. Don’t ask how I know, I just do.”

Hyewon smirked at her, making Chaeyeon blushed.

“Okay, so, there’s Alpha Kwon Eunbi, the only child of my first uncle, there’s Beta Kim Chaewon, she’s so chic and sassy and Eunbi dotes on her so much like a sister, there’s also Beta Kim Wooseok, Chaewon’s older brother, who I think is jealous of Alpha Eunbi, there’s Alpha in the making Kwon Yujin, our youngest but she’s so full of potentials…”

She smiled faintly, “And then there’s me.”

“What are you? In terms of omegaverse?”

“I think I’m just an omega,” she replied with a shrug.

“Just an omega?”

“I’m just not good at everything I do.”

“What? Don’t say that.”

Hyewon smiled, “When I was younger I wanted to be an idol, and my family doesn’t mind. They’re not the problem at all. They let me do what I want and I’m grateful for that…”

“But I failed every single auditions I went,” Hyewon said with a chuckle.

Chaeyeon kept silent.

Hyewon continued, “I can’t actually sing, and you saw how I dance before.”

“So I always have this doubt when it comes to dancing. I don’t think I’ll ever be good enough.”

“But you danced with me, and I know how good you are now!”

“I don’t know. Maybe I’ll just do a different kind of TikTok, I mean it’s not just dancing there, right? Maybe I’ll do a food review or something?”

“Oh babe, then I’ll never get to see the fruit of my labor?”

Hyewon chuckled, “What?”

“I want others to see how good you are at dancing too. It’s not fair for me, as your teacher.”

“Well honey, maybe I’ll just dance with you,” said Hyewon with a smirk.

Chaeyeon sighed, “I think you don’t give yourself much credit, babe.”

“All of my life, I’ve never seen someone so determined to improve her skills. I admit, the first time you walked in, you were a mess. It’s like you can’t coordinate your feet and hands.”

Hyewon looked at her, speechless.

“But you’ve improved so much after 3 weeks. I know you have been training hard before coming to class, and you did the homework I told you. You work really hard, and that’s so admirable.”

Chaeyeon reached forward to touch her hand, and gave it a squeeze.

“Hyewon-ah, you’re the best student I ever had.”

Hyewon looked at her, and Chaeyeon saw her eyes getting misty. She put her other hand on top of hers and squeezed back.

“Well, I have the best teacher, and she’s hot too,” she mumbled.

Chaeyeon’s cheeks heated up, “So, you’ll post your dance video?”

Hyewon grinned, “Only if you dance with me.”

 

**

 

Yena and Sakura were both staring at the screen of the phone that Yena was holding. Their mouths were saying oohs and ahhs as they were watching the short video of 2 girls dancing. Chaeyeon was sitting on a separate couch in the living room, intrigued by their reactions.

Suddenly both of them turned around and begin clapping their hands. They walked to Chaeyeon and sat on her sides.

Chaeyeon gulped, “Well?”

“Wow, both of you danced like a couple of professionals! I’m so impressed!” said Sakura.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter