Tequila Shots

Aliens on the Dance Floor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alien on the Dance Floor

Chapter 5 – Tequila Shots

 

“I want to thank everyone for coming to my birthday party today!” said a young woman with ginger bobbed hair.

She was holding a mic in one hand, and a glass of champagne in the other.

“I, Kim Chaewon is officially turning 21 tonight!” she said, and it was replied with the cheers from the crowd.

Chaewon continued, “Let’s all dance and get wasted tonight!”

The DJ continued with his setlist, and the crowd were dancing again. Almost half of them were splashing around in the pool, mingling and dancing while the other half are either dancing on the dance floor set up or lounging by the pool with their drinks.

Chaeyeon was watching the birthday girl, who was making her way to the lifted stage where there were a few sofas for the VVIPs. Hyewon was up there with the cousins, sitting at one of the sofa beside the guy named Danny from earlier. She seemed close with him, judging from the way he naturally put his arm around her. Eunbi was there too, and she was embracing Chaewon in her arms and gave her kisses on her cheeks.

But there was no sign of Sakura.

“Jjaeyeon…” a voice called.

Chaeyeon turned around and saw Sakura.

The Japanese’s girl face lit up, “I finally found you. I was looking for you in the room but you’re not there.”

“Yeah, it feels too cooped up in the room,” Chaeyeon replied.

“Hyewon is here too. Have you met her?” asked Sakura suddenly.

Chaeyeon shook her head, “I’ve met her, but- I don’t really want to talk about it.”

“What happened?”

“Well, she has a boyfriend. That’s what happened.”

Sakura shook her head, “I heard Danny is an ex-boyfriend. Eun told me they broke up a few months ago, and it was an ugly breakup. He got dumped.”

“Oh well, I don’t care.”

Chaeyeon sighed, “Falling for a straight woman… is hard okay? I don’t want to keep my hopes up anymore.”

“But Jjaeyeon-

“SAKUCHAN PLEASE!”

Sakura gulped.

“P-Please stop encouraging me. It’s not going to happen.”

 

“I just want to move on.”

 

**

 

Chaeyeon drank a couple more glasses of tequila before she decided it was time for her to stop. She made her way to her room, feeling slightly tipsy and she’s losing her sense of direction. She had to hold on to the walls to walk. After much struggle, she finally reached her room and opened it.

It was dark inside.

She took a few steps inside but then she stopped as soon as she saw the bed.

It was occupied, there were two people in a tangled mess, writhing and to their hearts’ content. Chaeyeon snapped out of her daze and covered her eyes with one hand before turning around, hoping the image of her best friend having with her girlfriend won’t be imprinted in her mind forever. She’s just glad that she was drunk, and that her view was blurry. The two girls however didn’t even realize she was there. She turned around and went out of the room, locking the door behind her.

 

**

 

Chaeyeon managed to grab a coat before leaving the room. She only had that to keep her warm. The party was still happening by the pool, but she just wanted to get away from it. She went to the balcony just one floor above. Lucky for her, the balcony was deserted. She propped herself on the lounge chair there, getting much needed rest.

She danced too much, she drank too much and her heart was hurting so much.

She stared at the clear night sky, where the stars were visible. It was a great view, actually. It’s exactly what she needed.

“I wonder if there are aliens out there,” said a voice.

Chaeyeon looked beside her and saw Hyewon sitting on the lounge chair next to her. It was empty a while ago, but now she has company. She looked at the long-haired beauty, looking ethereal under the moonlight. She was still wearing her bikini, sitting there leisurely with her legs crossed.

Even when she’s trying to hate her, she can’t.

“The universe is huge, there are lots of planets, countless of stars and also unknown galaxies out there. Don’t you think there are other advanced alive beings there?” Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter