Ice Cream? I SCREAM!

I Am Not Human.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(okay this image of Mamamoo eating ice cream is very fitting with this chapter HAHAHA)

So I just found out you could add pictures! I've just added some to previous chapters!

 

 

"Unnie, are you not gonna eat that?" Wheein asked her bestfriend sitting across the table as she saw that she barely touched her ice cream sundae.

 

"I'm not hungry... you can have it if you like," Moonbyuli replied as she nonchalantly pushed the cup of ice cream sundae over.

 

Wheein's face immediately lit up at the sight of an extra free cup of her favourite cookies and cream flavoured ice cream sundae being offered to her. 

 

"Oh, you're a saint! Don't mind if I do!!!" Wheein exclaimed as she reaches her ice cream spoon over.

 

"Not before I do!!!!" another girl who just showed up at the table exclaimed before plunging the on the vacant seat beside Wheein.

 

Just then, a pair of arms dived in faster than Wheein's spoon could reach it and pulled the cup of ice cream sundae towards her chest. The 'trophy' has been snatched! 

 

"VICTORY!!!!" Hwasa announced before drowning her spoon into the depths of the stolen ice cream sundae.

 

"YAHHHH! HWASA, YOU EVIL LITTLE ! THAT WAS MINE!!!!!" Wheein complained and playfully smacked her naughty crush on her back.

 

"What?! Who asked you to be so slow? BLEH!!!" Hwasa teased as she stucked out her tongue childishly at the girl she was sitting beside.

 

"These two sure are getting along better than I thought. Wheepup must be over the moon right now HEHEHE!" Moonbyuli thought as she eyed the two sitting in front of her.

 

These two seemed perfect for each other. They instantly got along, despite the fact that Solar was the one who intially forced Hwasa to talk to Wheein. Instinctively, it did not take long for Hwasa to grow a soft spot for the girl. She'd never met someone as precious and naive as her. 

 

"Well, at least they are having fun..." Moonbyuli thought as she glance over at the vacant spot beside her then looked over at a particular brown haired girl's back view in a distance while she placed her ice cream order at the cashier counter.

 

The ice cream shop was the last place Moonbyuli thought Solar would bring her to. She just wanted to quickly start tracking the thumbdrive thief and end all interactions with the girl who might seem to have an innocent exterior but threatened her and lowkey possessed serial killer vibes. Moonbyuli rolled her eyes in disgust. Growing more impatient by the minute, she rolled up her long sleeves and checked her wrist watch.

 

"It's 5PM already?! Great, we've practically wasted our time today doing stupid things like this. UGHHH!" Moonbyul whined to herself and subconciously shook her head.

 

It was frustrating! At times like this, Moonbyuli could not wrap her head around questionable behaviours humans do on a daily basis that truly confused her humanoid brain. Solar made it obvious that they were pressed for time, but instead chose to invite the other two along to a double date together at the newly opened ice cream shop after school has ended. It did not make any sense. 

 

"I guess humans' love for food really hinders their sense of urgency and logical thinking skills for them to put urgent matters on hold just for this,"Moonbyuli analysed and made mental notes to herself about odd human behaviours.

 

One thing Moonbyuli would never understand is human's overbearing desire to feed and ingest food regularly. She knew they needed food to survive but she always found it amusing that they get emotionally satisfied when eating as well, especially foods that they prefered. She never needed to do so to survive and purely survived on her internal system run on electrical power. However, to blend in with regular humans, Moonbyuli does have an internal food vacuum storage bag that acts as a human stomach to store food if she were to ingest any but lack the basic digestive functions. This can be removed at the end of the night and emptied out. 

 

"Wow! You guys are almost done eating! Sorry for the wait, the special order took longer to prepare," Solar said while carrying a tray with a plate of ice cream, assorted fruits and chocolote syrup on top a giant piece of waffle.

 

The two young girls' jaws dropped as their eyes laid on the waffle ice cream in front of them, as if they were looking at a piece of art. 

 

"What the hell is THAT?! It's so huge!!!" Wheein gasped in shock and leaned her head in to take a closer look at the dessert.

 

"It's PERFECT!!!" the other foodwhore chimed after Wheein as she quickly finished up the last mouth of stolen ice cream from Moonbyuli.

 

"It's the tropical special order! It has mango, passionfruit and coconut flavoured ice creams with lots of cut fruits too! It seemed interesting on the menu but I didn't think the portion of waffle is gonna be gigantic?!" Solar exclaimed as she placed the tray on the table and slid over to fill the vacant space beside Moonbyuli.

 

"Can we have some please? PRETTY PLEASE!!!" Hwasa pleaded while flashing a pair of puppy dog eyes at the oldest girl.

 

"Of course! Knock yourselves out, take as much as you can! I can't possibly finish this by myself anyway," Solar offered to share and before she could finish her sentence, the two youn girls already started digging in.

 

"OMG Hwasa, we have found the ultimate treasure chest! Dig in, partner!!! Leave no trace behind!!! Wheepup announced and Hwasa nodded in agreement as the two continued their feasts.

 

Solar could not stop smiling at the two. They were so cute together and so in sync just like twins. It was a sweet and humourous sight to her, especially how they subconsciously scoop and chew the dessert almost at the same time together.

 

Her gaze naturally shifted over to an awfully quiet person beside her before her smile faded. She was leaning her head on the window pane and looking out aimlessly. Moonyuli seemed to be deep in thought about something and kept checking her watch every now and then. Solar silently watched the girl and unknowingly felt a little bad for dragging her here against her will. Solar actually thought it would be a good idea to recharge themselves with some good old ice cream treat before they started their investigations. Besides, it was a great way to lighten up the previously dull mood but she soon realised she was hoping for too much. 

 

Little did she realise, the younger girls had been eyeing on both of them the entire time. Afterall, even a blind person could tell that the atmosphere at the table was way too quiet and heavy. Wheein nudged Hwasa with her elbow as the youngest one turned to face her. Wheein pointed her index finger under the table to the two awkward girls and tilted her head to sneakily ask Hwasa if she knew what has gotten into the couple. Hwasa just raised her eyebrow and shrugged in response to show that she had no clue as well. The two girls then exchanged looks and nodded to each other before. It was time to silently commence 'operation: bring the unhappy couple back together'.

 

Wheein made her first move. 

 

"Unnie~ Why aren't you eating? You can try some of the waffle!!" Wheein asked, hoping to cheer her bestfriend up.

 

"I'm... really not that hungry, puppy. Thanks for the offer," Moonbyuli replied, changing her posture to sit back upright now.

 

"Just have the ice cream then! It's really nice and smooth, not filling at all. Here, try some of this," Wheein asked again an reached out a scoop of ice cream to Moonbyuli.

 

Moonbyuli simply shook her head to decline the offer.

 

"AH! I know! Why not let the girlfriend feed her?? I'm sure she'll be more than willing to have a try! HEHEHE," Hwasa teased as she winked at Wheein to follow through with her impromptu plan.

 

Solar froze on the spot upon hearing the term 'girlfriend'. She was so indulged in her own dessert that she almost forgot they had made the stupid deal to be a fake couple during the two weeks together. Solar forced a thin smile on her face as she is never one to regret her decisions. She knew it was not going to be easy but she knew that it was the best thing to do in their scenario.

 

"Just play along, Solar. Just like how you've always done," Solar thought to herself before going into her 'girlfriend' mode.

 

"Yeah, Byul-ah~ You barely touched your spoon! How can I let my chagiya starve? Here, have some of mine," Solar said with the cutest tone she could bring out right now, totally convincing the other two girls of her lie.

 

Moonbyuli jerked in her seat as her arched back suddenly shot straight upon hearing the new pet name given to her.

 

"BYUL-AH?!?!?! Oh, you have got to be kidding me..." Moonbyuli intenally felt like dying, cringing at the softest pet name someone has given her in her life. 

 

Moonbyuli mentally face palmed herself. She always thought Wheein's 'hammy' was bad enough as she was often compared to a hamster but at least that had a comedic effect. 'Byul-ah' sounded so intimate and overly-sweet to Moonbyuli, similarly to the way old Korean couples on television shows call each other. It was simply old fashioned and way too affectionate for Moonbyuli's preference. Nevertheless, she calmed herself and pasted a smile on her face. She inhaled a deeply before she did what she needed to do. 

 

"Just one bite then," Moonbyuli said before turning to face the girl beside her who was holding the spoon of ice cream up for her.

 

Reluctantly, Moonbyuli leaned in and opened before Solar shoved a spoon-full of coconut ice cream into . 

 

"Awww~~~" WheeSa melted at the first sight of the couple finally being sweet together.

 

As soon as the cold ice cream hit Moonbyuli's tongue, she immediately shot her eyes wide at this strange and unpleasant cold sensation she had never felt before. It was her first time eating ice cream and it was a nightmare!

 

"Wait! WHAT MONSTROSITY IS THIS?! How do humans even swallow something THIS frozen?!" Moonbyuli internally started freaking out as she felt the ice cream freezing her tongue, gums and teeth.

 

When she swallowed the full scoop of ice cream, she felt the frozen semi-solid substance go straight down the tubes and finally down to her internal vaccuum storage bag. To humans, eating ice cream felt pleasuring as we feel the cold susbtance melt inside our mouths and down our throats, in contrast to our heated body temperatures. However, it felt like hell for a humanoid like Moonbyuli who does not have high body temperatures like we do. Moonbyuli felt her body involuntarily shiver slightly as the cold temperature of the full scoop of ice cream started spreading across to other parts. It didn't help that the metal inside her was a great conductor of heat and spread the coldness like wild fire. Moonbyuli clenched onto her fists under the table as her wrist watch suddenly started to vibrate vigourously.

 

Alert: Abnormal low body temperatures detected.

Please commence system heat up procedure now or automatic system heat up will commence in 30 seconds.

 

"Crap!!! Urgh, all of this just because of one scoop of this frozen liquid?" Moonbyuli thought to herself as she glanced nervously at the screen which has started counting down. 

 

Solar immediately noticed Moonbyuli's weird change in facial expressions and instinctly reached her hand over to soothe the latter. Moonbyuli accidentally made eye contact with Solar but immediately peled her eeys away to frantically scan the table for any hot beverage to warm her insides.

 

Nothing.

 

A surge of anxiety overwhelmed Moonbyuli as she started to feel her chest and torso internally turning colder and colder. Moonbyuli immediately wrapped her arms around herself to attempt to warm herself up but to no avail. She was frantic. This has never happened before.

 

"Byul-ah? Gwenchana?" Solar whispered in worry but only to get ignored.

 

"Something's wrong! Is she okay?!" Solar thought as she grew more worried about the blonde girl who suddenly started acting strangely which entirely contrasted her almost emotionless demeanor throughout the whole time in the ice cream shop.

 

Just as Solar was about to Moonbyuli's back to calm the frantic girl down, she gasped in shock as soon as her fingers came in contact with Moonbyuli's ice cold back. She had never felt anything like that before, not even during winter season.

 

Commencing automatic heat up procedure in 15, 14, 13, 12,,,

 

Moonbyuli knew she did not have any more time to spare. She got up unsteadily as she felt her internal systems slowling down from the drop in temperature. She forcefully shoved Solar out of her way and rushed straight to the toilet at the back of the shop before the countdown finishes.

 

Solar felt goosebumps form on her body when she felt Moonbyul's icy cold skin touch hers when she was being pushed out of the way and watched the 'sick' girl stumle to the back toilet. 

 

"OMG how is she freezing cold?! What happened?!" Solar thought as she immediately rose from her seat and was about to chase after the girl when a hand stopped her. 

 

"No, unnie. Don't!" Wheein suddenly demanded in a serious tone.

 

"Looks like Byuli unnie's having another anxiety episode again. It happens a lot and randomly as well, especially when we were younger. Don't go after her. Just wait for her to cool down and come back to us when she's ready," Wheein adviced upon prior experiences.

 

Wheein knew exactly how to deal with such 'anxiety attacks' as she had been through many of such instances in the past. Sometimes they would be having a picnic on a sunny day or drinking hot chocolate during winter season. Dr. Moon always reccommended to Wheen to give Moonbyuli personal space then let her come back to her whenever she felt more stable. Little did she know, Moonbyuli always just needed to step away to cool herself down whenever her internal systems were overheated. Even though she disliked lying about having anxiety attacks, it was the most covincing excuse to explain her random and unpredictable episodes.

 

A heavy ache grew in Solar's chest as she realised she cared more about Moonbyuli than she thought. It pained her knowing that Moonbyuli had to deal with all these episodes. She sat back on her seat but her eyes remained glued to the direction where she last saw her. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter