Let's go to the mall!

From silver to gold

Yerim and Wendy decided to go shopping. They convinced Namjoon into joining them, only for him to hold their bags. Like always.

"What do you think of this?", Wendy approaches Namjoon with a white suit and a round white hat. Namjoon struggles with the bags in his hands, so Wendy decides to take a few from him. "Go change. I'll stay here", the younger man nods, takes the suit from his sister and enters one of the fitting cubicles.

"And?", Yerim asks, passing through the many rackets of clothing. "He just went in there"

The two wait for Namjoon to come out. In meantime they show each other their own outfits. Yeri found a frilly pastel pink dress, that ended just a little above her knees. Wendy holds out a simple dark red dress, which she found with her brother's help. Yeri gasps and takes the dress from her sister, holding it right in front of her as she envisions Wendy in it and smiles.

"This will look AMAZING on you, unnie", Wendy chuckles awkwardly and takes it back from her.

Just then, Namjoon steps out of the fitting room with his suit on. The two girls stare at him, their eyes and mouths wide open.

"Oppa, you look amazing!", Yerim squeals. Namjoon smiles and scratches the back of his neck. He looks at Wendy, who was still staring at him.

"What do you think?", he asks, holding out his arms to the side to give his sisters a better view of the suit. Wendy shakes her head, getting herself out of her trance and clears .

"It really fits you", she smiles. "Go see for yourself", the older woman points towards the long mirror on the wall behind her and steps away from it.

Namjoon slowly approaches the mirror and gets shocked when he sees himself. He twists and turns, pulling at the suit here and there to get it to fit better. He looks at Wendy and Yerim through the mirror and smiles at them.

"I like it", he says and Yerim claps enthusiastically.

"We found your suit!"

Namjoon decides to pay for the clothes. Yerim wanted to eat ice cream ever since arriving in the mall, so they head to a small ice cream shop.

___________________

"Ah I'm tired~"

The three siblings walk back home with bags full of clothing and accessories.

Yerim stretches her arms above her head and yawns. The sun was starting to set when they finally finished shopping. Now it's almost dark.

"We're almost home Yerim-ah", Namjoon looks down and notices how tired the younger girl looks. He stops walking and puts his bags down. "Come on, get on", he kneels down as a signal for Yerim to jump on his back.

Wendy stops as well and turns around.

"I'll take your bags", she says, bending down to grab a few of them. "You don't have to--", "It's fine, Namjoon. Just take Yerim and let's go home", Wendy reassures Namjoon, giving him a smile. He nods and calls for Yerim, who carefully climbs on his back and holds onto him tightly.

"Alright, let's go", he smiles at Wendy and grabs the bags that she left for him.

When they head home, Namjoon puts his little sister in her bed and waits for Wendy to get out of the shower. He notices a picture on Yerim's desk and smiles as he picks it up.

It's a picture of Yerim, Wendy and him. It was taken by the beach. The three of them were smiling brightly as the posed around their huge sandcastle-- well sand kingdom. Wendy was very passionate about her creation.

He caresses the picture.

"I wish I could tell you...", he says softly.

"Tell who what?", Namjoon turns around and comes face to face with Wendy. "Huh? Oh nothing. I just thought of this line from a book", great safe, Joon. The short haired woman squints her eyes, but then tilts her head. "Alright, well I'm finished. Good night", she whispers as to not wake up their little sister.

"You too", Namjoon whispers back.

Wendy heads towards her bedroom and Namjoon walks out of Yerim's bedroom after putting the picture back on her desk.

He sighs deeply and looks around the living room. Many pictures of Wendy, Yerim and him are placed all over the walls. Wendy is smiling in all the pictures. Compared to Yerim or him, who had quite a handful of serious pictures scattered around the wall.

She looks so happy. She has always been happy...

Namjoon smiles sadly and heads to the bathroom.

Now is not the time to think too hard about things, that happened in the past.

_____________________

A new chapter!

Apologies for the shorter chapters. I didn't want to skip too much, from the invitation to the actual birthday party, so I put a filler chapter in between. They're just there for more depth and detail.

I hope you're still enjoying the story~~

Wait just a little longer ;)