Friendly flowers and teardrops

From silver to gold

"Where is your father?"

Wendy and Seulgi are walking through the huge garden that filled the entire field behind the mansion.

"Oh, he said that he didn't really feel good, so he stayed home", Seulgi nods in understanding and decides to not ask any further, when she hears the dissappointment in the baker's voice.

The two walk in a comfortable silence as they - mostly Wendy - observe the beautiful flowers, that grew in the garden.

"These are beautiful", Wendy says in awe as she leans down to take a closer look at one of the flowers. She smiles and gives the flower a little pat.

Seulgi leans down as well and looks at Wendy, staring fondly at the side of the Baker's face.

"They're blue violets", Wendy turns her head. Her eyebrows rise and her eyes widen a little as if she didn't catch what Seulgi was saying.

The taller woman just smiles softly and watches the blonde haired woman turn her attention back to the flowers. Seulgi reaches forward and holds onto one of the violets, ripping it off of it's stem and letting it rest on her hand.

Wendy, wide eyed and full of shock and surprise, follows the - now- ripped flower, that lay carefully on Seulgi's hand.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?", the guard asks as she stares at the blue violet.

"Uhm- I mean... yes, but why did you rip it off?", Wendy asks.

Seulgi lets out a chuckle and looks straight into the baker's eyes. She leans forward and tucks a few strands of Wendy's blonde hair behind her ear. Seulgi gently puts the flower in her hair and leans back again, taking in the beautiful view that was sitting in front of her.

Wendy touches the flower and looks at Seulgi.

"You look even prettier now", Wendy thinks her face is going to explode, feeling it heat up the longer she listens to the royal guard complimenting her.

The two keep staring at each other for some time, until Seulgi opens to say something and gets interrupted by someone shouting Wendy's name.

"Wendy!"

Namjoon is running through the garden, trying his best not to step on any flowers. Wendy notices the worry and fear in her brother's eyes and immediately stands up.

"What's going on?", she asks. Namjoon bends down to catch his breath and Wendy can see drops of water fall down onto the grass.

Namjoon looks up and the baker takes a step back as she looks at her brother in confusion. His eyes are red and tears are streaming down his face.

"Namjoon, what's happening?", Wendy asks again, this time a little softer.

Namjoon sniffs loudly and lets out a shaky breath before speaking out.

"It's dad...", he says weakly.

"He's in the hospital", Wendy's eyes widen and she could feel tighten up.

"What...?"

________________

Princess Joohyun watches Seulgi, Wendy and her siblings rush through the crowd of her guests and leave the mansion. She was about to go after them, when she bumped into Hoseok.

"Hoseok", the royal guard turns around and his eyes widen a little when he sees the princess. He bows deeply and Joohyun walks towards him. "Where are you going?"

"Namjoon's father is in the hospital", Joohyun's eyes widen and she freezes in place.
"What are you talking about?", she asks in disbelief.

Hoseok runs a hand through his hair and exhales.

"I don't know what happened, but someone came and told Namjoon that his father got sent to the hospital", the dark haired guard looked like he was in a hurry - which he was - and constantly looked at the front door.

"Take me there", Joohyun says sternly. Hoseok looks back at the princess with furrowed brows.

"Your highness, that's dange-"
"Just take me with you"

Joohyun's eyes are piercing through Hoseok's entire being and he sighs. The royal guard knows how stubborn the princess is and he wasn't going to argue with her.

"Fine", he says. "But you can't go out like this. Please, follow me", Hoseok bends down a little and extends an arm, gesturing towards the stairs.

The two walk to the stairs, trying their best to avoid as many people as possible and head to - what seemed like - Seulgi's room.

Hoseok heads to Seulgi's closet and opens it, going through the handful of clothes his friend has and throws a few of them on her bed.

"I think this will be good enough", princess Joohyun looks at the guard in front of her and then at the clothes laying on the bed. She slowly walks towards the bed and bends down to grab a shirt.

Holding it up, Joohyun tilts her head.

"Your highness, please. We don't have much time. It's just for a little while", Hoseok says impatiently, tapping his foot on the wooden floor.

Joohyun stares at the guard before sighing.

"Leave the room"

Hoseok bows down and walks to the door, telling the princess that he will be waiting for her outside before closing the door.

After putting on the brown loose pants and white shirt, Joohyun walks towards the door. She stops right in front of it and turns around. The princess walks back and opens Seulgi's closet.

"There must be a jacket somewhere", the princess mumbles to herself. She pushes away some clothes and finds a hooded jacket.

Princess Joohyun walks out of the bedroom and puts the jacket on.

"Let's go", she tells Hoseok and the two head for one of the backdoors of the mansion.

"We have to use the horses. I hope you don't mind", the guard says as he hurriedly walks to a horse and in one swift move he gets on it. Joohyun freezes and stares at her guard.

"E-excuse me? Horse?"
"Yeah"

Hoseok knows that the princess is scared of animals, but they'll get to the hospital faster if they take the horse.

"Your highness, nothing is going to happen. I will protect you like I always do and Hobi over here is very gentle", he pats Hobi and smiles.

Joohyun hesitates, but then realizes that they really don't have time. She tries to gain as much courage as she can and slowly approaches the the horse. Hoseok holds out his hand and the princess takes it, getting pulled up and on the back of the horse.

"Alright Hobi, let's go!", with a flick of his wrist, Hoseok gets his horse to start moving and the two head to the hospital, where the others are anxiously waiting for news.

________________________

Namjoon is pacing around the hallway outside of his father's room, biting on his nails. Wendy had been holding onto Yerim over since arriving at the hospital. As her older sister, she was giving as much comfort to the younger girl as she could. Wendy also held onto her little sister, because if she didn't she wouldn't be able to stand on her own two feet, which felt like jelly at the moment.

Seulgi is watching the scene in front of her. She is sitting on the small bench in the hall and doesn't know what to do as she anxiously taps her feet on the floor.

Wendy walks towards her and sits down next to the guard, letting go of Yerim but still keeping an arm around the younger girl's shoulders.

Seulgi turns her head to the side and stares at the blonde baker, who is staring at her as well. She can see the tears well up in the other's eyes and it takes a soft touch to the baker's knee for her to let it out.

The tears start flowing almost uncontrollably and Seulgi doesn't know if she should hug the blonde woman or to wait for her to calm down a little.

After a moment of staring at the sobbing woman, the guard raises her hand and puts it on the other's shoulder. She pulls Wendy towards her and puts her other hand on the back of her head, letting the baker bury her face in her shoulder.

"I'm so scared, Seulgi", Wendy says in between sobs. Seulgi her blonde hair softly and gives her a little squeeze.

"Shh, it's alright. Your dad is gonna be fine. He's a strong man", Seulgi says softly. "He's going to be fine", she repeats and looks up, meeting Namjoon's

The two stare at each other for a moment before Namjoon sighs. He sits down in between Wendy and Yerim and the younger girl immediately holds onto her older brother and Namjoon throws an arm around Yerim's shoulders, holding her as closely to him as possible.

Suddenly, the doors open, revealing Hoseok and princess Joohyun, who was wearing a hood over her head.

The four of them all stare at the guard and the princess.

Joohyun scans the hall and immediately finds Wendy, huddled against Seulgi. She looks up and meets Seulgi's dark eyes and she can see the way her guard squeezes the baker's shoulders ever so slightly.

The princess rushes to the two ladies and bends down in front of Wendy. She puts a hand on the latter's back and she turns her head to look at the dark haired woman.

Joohyun's heart breaks into a million pieces, looking at the tears that are falling down the younger woman's face and she immediately wipes them away with her other hand.

"I'm sorry", is all the princess can say before the door to mr Kim's room opens, revealing a doctor.

"We have done some checkups and he's stable now", the doctor takes off his mask and gloves, letting out a sigh. "I would like to speak to one of you about his condition"

The other six stare at each other.

Namjoon stands up and inhales deeply.

"I'll go. I'm his son"

The doctor nods and the two men walk to an empty spot not so far away from the others.

"He's going to be fine. Don't worry", Seulgi says again and looks down to find Wendy asleep.

"Hoseok, what time is it?"
"19:45 PM- oh wow"

Hoseok's eyes widen a little as he stares at his watch, tilting his head to the side.

Seulgi sighs. She leans her head back against the wall behind her and closes her eyes.

This was going to be a long day.

_________________________

AAAAAAAAA I'M SO SORRY THAT IT TOOK SO LONG

Writers block ;-;

Sorry for any typos or other mistakes. I re-read this chapter like 5 times, but there's always that ONE mistake that manages to make it in the final draft.

But I hope you liked this chapter and there will be more wenrene action in future chapter don't you worry~