Let's party!

From silver to gold

Seulgi was looking around the living room, searching for a certain blonde haired woman, who still hadn't showed up.

"Yerim, have you seen Wendy?", she asks the younger girl, who was getting a little too comfortable at the huge dining table filled with food.

"Nope!", the younger girl says, both of her cheeks stuffed with food. Seulgi gives her a judging look, squinting her eyes and furrowing her brows.

How does she fit so much food in their mouth?

She shakes the thought away and nods.

Seulgi leaves Yerim alone and walks back to her original spot. She looks up at the staircase like she did ever since putting her foot in the living room again.

It is then, that Seulgi knows why Wendy was taking so long...

She watches the blonde haired woman walk down the stairs with princess Joohyun right by her side, holding onto her arm. They're both smiling, but Seulgi can see the slight anxiety on the princess's face.

Something inside the guard stirs and it doesn't feel very nice.

Seulgi gulps and takes a deep breath in before exhaling. She waits until the princess lets go of Wendy and then approaches her.

"Hey wendy!", Wendy turns around and is greeted with a big smile and a wave. She smiles brightly when she sees the guard and walks towards her.

"Hi!", she says excitedly. "We couldn't really talk much before, but I just wanted to say that you look - uhm - very... pretty today", Seulgi scratches the back of her neck as she looks away, a little embarrassed by herself.

Wendy feels her cheeks warm up. "Th-thank you..."

The baker grins as an idea pops up inside her head. "Are you implying that I didn't look good the last time we met?", the blonde haired woman puts her hands on her hips and pouts, pretending to be angry.

Seulgi's eyes widen and she starts panicking, shaking her hands and head rapidly.

"N-no! That's not what I meant! I mean you look great, because you're all dressed up and it's just...", Seulgi trails off and looks down at her feet. Wendy smiles and starts laughing loudly, clutching her stomach as she bends down.

The royal guard looks up and stares at the laughing baker.

"You're really funny, Seulgi", Wendy says between her laughs. "I was just joking", she smiles up at the taller woman and the latter blinks blankly, still staring at the baker.

She's so pretty when she laughs.

"Hello?? Earth to Seulgi?", Wendy leans forwards and waves a hand in the guard's face. "Wha- oh...", Seulgi snaps out of her trance and is taken aback by how close the baker is to her face.

She takes a deep gulp and smoothly steps back from the blonde haired woman.

"I see you two have become very close"

The two women turn their heads into the direction of the voice and stare wide eyed at the princess, who had made her way to the two.

"Your highness...", Seulgi says softly, getting a little nervous because of the way Joohyun is staring at her.

The latter tilts her head and her eyes soften when she looks at Wendy, a small smile appears on her face in an instant. Wendy is freaking out inside her head, but doesn't want to show it 'cause that'd be embarrassing.

"Did you two know each other already?", the princess asks, curiosity laced in her voice. "I-uhm..."

"We just met", Seulgi blurts out, cutting off Wendy. The latter stares at her and blinks repeatedly. She freaks out and inhales sharply. "We met each other at the bakery for the first time, actually", Seulgi can feel the sweat forming on her back and she prays that it wouldn't ruin her dress.

Joohyun tilts her head and stares blankly at the two women before letting out a breath through her nose.

"Well, I'm glad you're making friends. Hanging out with so many guys is really rubbing off on you", Seulgi lets out a gasp and the other two women laugh. Seulgi pouts and crosses her arms, turning away from the princess and the baker. She feels a hand on her arm and turns her head, meeting Wendy's bright dark eyes.

Seulgi can feel her knees go weak for a second.

What is wrong with me?

"It's ok. You're still fun to be around", Wendy smiles brightly and Seulgi thinks she's about to lose it. She doesn't know what to say to the smaller baker and just stares into her eyes like a weirdo.
Seulgi can feel the princess's eyes on them, but can't seem to look away from the blonde in front of her.

The royal guard chuckles nervously, lifting the arm - that still had Wendy's hand on it - and scratching the back of her neck.

"You guys are mean...", she mumbles, looking sideways and catching Hoseok grinning at her.

"Your highness, I was looking for you", an old man bows down to the princess. Joohyun gives the man a courteous bow, but is a bit hesitant and confused when she looks back at the two younger women.

"I would like to talk to you about the coronation. If you wouldn't mind", Joohyun raises her eyebrows and sighs. "It is just for a moment", the princess turns and sees the two women, looking at her with big smiles plastered on their faces. She gives them a small smile and turns back to the man. She nods and the old man moves back for the princess to walk first.

After Joohyun disappears in the crowd of people, Seulgi turns to Wendy.

"Well... since we have just been left alone and 'I' don't want to be anywhere around Hoseok for the next 7 days", Seulgi gestures to an evilly grinning Hoseok, who was watching them from the other side of the room.

"Shall we take a walk outside?", she points to one of the big windows which had been opened for fresh air.

Wendy looks at the taller woman and smiles, giving her new friend a small nod.

"I would like that. It's a little warm in here"

Seulgi grins and holds her arm out for Wendy to take. They walk to one of the open windows and leave the crowded room.

Princess Joohyun watches as the two women leave and something about the way they smile and the way Wendy holds onto Seulgi's arm, just doesn't sit well with her.

__________________

THERE SHE IS.

Sorry it took so long. I had a serious case of writers block and a busy life, BUT I did it. There is another chapter in the progress- actually several chapters, so...

;)