It's not what you think!

From silver to gold

The next few days are like every other. Wendy spends it normally like all the time. Until, on a nice warm day, a familiar face enters the bakery.

It's that female guard from a week ago. Now, she's wearing a white button up shirt, tucked neatly in a pair of black pants.

What is she doing here? Wendy asks herself. It is still quite empty and neither her father nor her siblings are present right now.

The woman walks towards the counter and leans down, scanning the many pastries that lay on display.

"The strawberry and kiwi tart is really good"

The familiar woman looks up and is met with a beautiful smile. She stands up straight and looks at the woman in front of her, scanning her from head to toe. wendy gulps. The pretty guard's stare is very intense.

She must've caught onto the other woman's nervousness and gives her a small smile.

"We've met before", she says in a softer tone.

Wendy nods.

"A week ago...", the blonde haired woman says slowly and the other woman nods.

Wendy's brain suddenly starts running. If a royal guard is here than that means...

"The princess...", Wendy tenses up a bit.

"Oh she isn't here. It's just me"

Wendy lets out a breath and relaxes. The guard tilts her head in confusion as to why the blonde woman would be so worried about the princess visiting, but the thought immediately fades away.

"I was just craving something sweet", the guard puts a finger on her chin as she scans the pastries. It is definitely hard to choose with so many nice looking sweets calling her name. "I would go for your muffins, but I've seen them too much, so I'll go for that strawberry and kiwi tart", she points at small pastry.

Wendy opens the glass and carefully picks up the tart, putting it in a white paper bag, rolling the top of it down so that it stays closed. She checks the price and slides the paper bag towards the taller woman.

"Here you go. That'll be 2,50", the blonde says with a smile.

The guard rummages through the pockets of her jacket and fishes out a green paper and a silver coin.

Wendy gives her a nod and puts the money in the cash register. The guard was about to leave, when Wendy suddenly stops her. The taller woman turns around.

"I didn't catch your name", the blonde haired woman says, not making any eye contact with the other as she scratches the back of her neck.

The guard's eyes widen a little before softening, a little smile appears on her face.

"Seulgi", she says, before turning around to leave.

Wendy looks up and smiles.

"Have a nice day, Seulgi!"

________________________

Seulgi hums a little tune as she walks through the castle's kitchen. She grabs a plate and carefully puts her strawberry and kiwi tart on it. She moves to the small table in the centre of the room and sits down in one of the chairs.

"Hey Seulgi!", the brunette was about to take a bite from her pastry, when she hears her name being called.

It's Hoseok, another one of the royal guards and Seulgi's friend.

"How are you-- Ooh what's that?", he grabs the tart from Seulgi and observes it, sniffing it and taking a little whipped cream off of it with his finger. He hums in approval. "Wow, this is delicious! Where did you get this?"

"Nowhere. Give it back", Seulgi stretches her arm to grab the tart from the other guard, who steps back.

"Who is it?", he asks and the dark haired woman stares at him in confusion. "You went to that bakery right? Who is it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"Seulgi, you went to that bakery at least 4 times. It's a good 45 minutes from here on horse", Hoseok raises his eyebrows and puts the tart on the table.

"It was an interesting bakery ok", Seulgi mumbles as she grabs her little pastry.

"Sure, interesting", the dark haired man crosses his arms.

Suddenly, the wooden door opens, revealing a blonde haired boy with a big box in his hands.

"Jimin!"
"Jimin..."

Hoseok hops towards the young man and holds one side of the box to help him.

Seulgi sighs and watches the two men carry the box towards the wooden countertop.

"Oh! Noona, hello", Jimin bows to her after doing his work. Seulgi nods her head at him. "What do you have for today", she asks. "The usual, as always"

Seulgi nods and continues savouring her tart.

Hoseok looks at her and smirks.

"Hey Jimin", he puts his arm on the younger man's shoulder. "She went to that bakery again", the older woman glares at him and the latter's smirk grows.

Jimin gasps in surprise.

"Really? Wow... that place must be something then. You've never went out of your way to go buy food THAT far away from here. The last time you did that was when you were in love with that butcher"

"I wasn't in LOVE, you brat", Seulgi says through gritted teeth. "Why can't I just enjoy my tart in peace?", she mumbles quietly, staring at the now half eaten pastry.

"Because, I'm not letting you~", Hoseok whispers in his friend's ear and the latter flinches away from him. He throws his arm around Seulgi's shoulders and smiles. "Come on~ what's so interesting about that shop?"

"It's a girl, ok!," Seulgi snaps. "There I said it...", she says a little calmer.

"I knew it!", Hoseok exclaims, throwing his arms in the air. Which earns him an elbow in the gut.

The dark haired man sits down across from Seulgi and leans forward, putting his left arm on the table, putting his head on his hand.

Seulgi sighs. She can't escape from it now, so she could just as well tell her friends the truth.

"There is this girl, who bakes the pastries there. Her name is Wendy", Seulgi scratches the back of her head and clears . "The princess wanted to visit the bakery and I joined her-- that's when I met her for the first time. She looked like a nice kid", she smiles. "So I wanted to know her a little better"

"She had a sense of familiarity to her", Seulgi stares absentmindedly at the floor as if she's thinking hard about something.

Seulgi looks up at Hoseok, who is just smiling at her from ear to ear. She shakes her head as if asking him "what?" and the younger man responds with a chuckle.

"You bought a tart in the hopes you'd get to know her better. Instead of just talking to her? You're hopeless", Seulgi grits her teeth and lets out a sigh.

"Wow...", Jimin says.

The two oldest look at him and he starts bowing repeatedly in panic.

"I'll get going. See you guys soon!", he says and hurries to the door.

After Jimin leaves, Seulgi stands up. She doesn't want to talk about anything right now-- especially with Hoseok. The younger man grabs her wrist, stopping her from leaving.

"You should take me next time", Seulgi scoffs and shakes the other's hand off of her wrist. "I'm not going"

Hoseok laughs and watches his friend leave.

Oh she'll definitely go again