A special day

From silver to gold

The day of the party has arrived. 

Wendy is nervous and has been pacing around her bedroom for a while now. Yeri is taking a shower and it's been a while since she went in the bathroom. Yerim has always taken a lot longer than both Namjoon and Wendy, but this is a little too much. 

Wendy decides to head to the bathroom and stops right in front of the closed door. Just as she was going to bang on the white door. It opens. Revealing a now clean Yeri, dressed in her pastel pink dress. 

"Oh my god...", is all Wendy can say as she stares at her sister from head to toe. Yerim giggles happily and turns around. "Unnie, close your mouth. Flies are going to fly in there", she laughs. Wendy blinks a few times, getting herself out of her trance. 

"You look... BEAUTIFUL", Wendy exclaims in excitement. She smiles brightly as she fixes her dress here and there. "Really? I wasn't so sure about it at first...", "It looks amazing, Yerim", the older girl holds her little sister by her shoulders and looks into her eyes. "You look amazing", Yerim looks down at her dress and smiles. "Well, if you think so then I must REALLY look good in it", the two sisters laugh and suddenly a voice behind them says:

"Did I miss something?", the two girls look up. It's Namjoon. He's smiling fondly, approaching his sisters.

"No you didn't. We were just laughing 'cause I look REALLY good in this dress", Yerim smiles brightly as she shows off her pretty dress to Namjoon. His eyes widen a little. "Wow, you look really pretty", he smiles and nods in approval. "I know~", Yerim giggles. 

"Oh! I should get ready", Wendy quickly walks into her bedroom and grabs her dress. "Be quick. I have to shower as well", Namjoon shouts after Wendy. She replies with an "alright!" and closes the bathroom door.

"She's gonna be out in 5 minutes. I'm sure"

"Oh really?"

"Uhuh. She showers like a man" 

Namjoon stares at Yeri in disbelief and the latter just smiles. 

__________________

"Holy ", Yeri shouts as she looks up at the big palace. 

The building is mostly red with a little white around the windows and doors. It reminded Wendy of a red velvet cake.

"Language!", Namjoon scolds Yeri and gives the girl a soft push to her shoulder. "Ow! Sorry, jeez...", she says, rubbing her left shoulder. 

The family heads to the entry of -- what seems like -- the mansion . There is a long line outside of it. Wendy thinks they're also guests. Lucky people like them. It makes her feel excited and a smile starts forming on her face. 

"Wow...", Namjoon looks around the front of the mansion and can't help but get excited at the beautiful view. The garden is filled with flowers of all types. Most of them are purple, Namjoon notices. 

"Kim family?" 

The entire family look at the man approaching them. He has dark brown-- almost black hair, a bright and friendly smile plastered on his face and has the same uniform on as Seulgi. 

"Are you Wendy?", he asks. Wendy nods and stares at the man with big eyes. "Yes?", the man lets out a huff and smiles. "Please come with me", he holds out his hand. Wendy looks at it and then back to the smiling man. "Uhm-", "Ah! I forgot to introduce myself. How stupid of me", the dark haired man hits himself on the side of his head and laughs. 

"My name is Jung Hoseok. I am a soldier of the royal army and princess Joohyun's personal guard", he bows in a prince like manner and Wendy laughs at this. "I was requested to guide you around the mansion. If you don't mind", Wendy once again looks down at the open hand of the man and smiles. She takes a hold of it and Hoseok wraps his fingers tightly around Wendy's smaller hand. 

"Ah wait!", Hoseok stops in his tracks and turns around. He looks at Wendy in confusion. "My family...", she mumbles and the guard gets it now. "Ah~ I thought they'd follow us! Get over here!", Hoseok gestures to the rest of the Kim family to follow him and they do, joining the two as they walk around the mansion. 

_________________

"You guys are quite special, you know", Hoseok says as they walk on a very large green field, filled with purple flowers. 

Wendy looks up at him in confusion. 

"How? Special?"

"The princess rarely lets me or the other royal guards retrieve guests", the shorter woman frowns, even more confused as to what the guard meant. "Usually, they just have to wait in the queue, but she personally asked me to get you guys. She really likes you", Hoseok looks down and smiles at Wendy. She notices the way his eyes have a glint of something in them, but she can't pinpoint what it is.

"You guys look really good by the way. Especially the young lady in the pretty pink dress. What's your name?", Yerim giggles when she hears the man talk. She knows he's talking about her and she is liking him already. 

"Yerim...", she says shyly and giggles, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Wendy scoffs and rolls her eyes. "A compliment from a handsome guy gets you this worked up?", the comment earns the blonde haired woman a slap on her arm from the younger girl. "It's not my fault I'm getting compliments from good looking people and you don't!", Yerim shouts back to Wendy. "You--", Wendy turns around and raises her hand, Yerim runs towards Namjoon and hides behind him, giggling mischievously. 

"Brat", Wendy huffs, turning back around. She feels Hoseok's eyes on her and looks at him. He smiles brightly and it makes Wendy smile as well. 

"Please relax. There's enough Jung Hoseok for everyone~", Hoseok says with a smug smile plastered on his face. Yerim squeals and Wendy groans in disgust. Hoseok can hear Namjoon chuckle behind him and it leaves a warm feeling inside his chest. 

___________________

"Alright that was part 1 of the tour"

The group stops in front of a big white glass door. 

"Are you guys ready?", Hoseok asks, holding the doorknob. He looks back at the family with a smile and they all nod. "Oh wait!", Yerim says suddenly. "Oppa, is my hair ok?", she brushes her hair with her hands and turns to Namjoon, who stops her by grabbing her wrists. "You look great, Yerim", Yerim smiles brightly and turns to the guard. "Yep! We're ready!"

Hoseok nods and turns the knob. The door opens, revealing the most beautiful sight Wendy has ever seen in her life. 

The inside of the mansion is completely white. A big chandelier hangs from the ceiling, the little sparkling stones creating a clinking sound every time the wind blows in the space. There were big round tables, decorated with purple and white cloth and a bouquet of purple flowers, spread across the room. They were surrounded with several chairs of the same colours as the tables.

"Wow...", is the only thing Wendy could say. "It is quite impressive. Especially for us mere commoners", Hoseok stands besides Wendy with his arms crossed as he looks around the place. 

"'Quite impressive' isn't really the word I'd go for. It's freaking HUGE, first of all. Second, everything looks so--"

"PRETTY", Yerim squeals in excitement as she pushes past Wendy and Hoseok. 

"That...", Wendy mumbles, getting a chuckle out of Hoseok. 

"Hoseok", someone calls and the dark haired man turns to look at the person who called him. He breaks into a big smile, his eyes turning into little crescents. 

"Seulgi!", he runs towards her and gives her a side hug. "Good to see you here. I just needed you. Guys, this is Seulgi, a soldier and royal guard of the princess. Like me", Hoseok turns to the three siblings. 
"Oh yeah! I know her. She visited the bakery a few weeks ago", Hoseok raises an eyebrow and smirks. "Oh really? I didn't know that", his smirk gets even bigger when he sees Seulgi glaring at him.

Seulgi inhales deeply and then exhales, a small smile appearing on her face when she looks at Wendy. 

"Want me to show you guys around?", she asks. "I don't think Hoseok will do you any good. He's really bad at his job", Seulgi whispers in Wendy's ear, making the latter chuckle. 

"That sounds like a great idea! How about you take Wendy and Yerim, then I'll show Namjoon around. Are the other guys here? I'll introduce you to them. They're great kids", Hoseok puts his hand on Namjoon's shoulder and smiles up at him. 

"Sounds fine by me", Seulgi shrugs and looks at Wendy, raising her eyebrows. Wendy nods, giving the guard a smile. 

"Yeah..." 

Hoseok puts his hands together.

"Alright, mr Kim let's go!", he holds onto the taller man's shoulders and pushes him forward. 

"Oh! Uhm... sir please be careful! Yeri, listen to your sister and behave!", Namjoon calls out as he gets pushed away from the three ladies. 

Seulgi turns around and looks at the two girls. 

"Shall we go as well", she says as she tilts her head. She makes eye contact with Wendy and the latter lets out a cough. 

"Y-yeah, uhm let's go"

Seulgi smiles and turns away from the two ladies. 

"Alright, follow me..."