The invitation

From silver to gold

"Guys, look what I found!"

Yerim bursts into the living room, shocking her older siblings as she holds up a piece of paper and an envelope in her hand.

"What's that?", Namjoon asks, grabbing the letter from the younger girl. "Wow! Fancy handwriting", he tilts his head as he reads the front of the envelope. He unfolds the letter and walks to the couch, where Wendy was watching a show. 

"I got it from this very friendly guy. He was really happy", Yerim says as she takes off her shoes. 

"What does it say?", Wendy asks excitedly, noticing the way Namjoon's eyes widened in shock. He looks up from the paper and into Seungwan's eyes. "What?", she asks.

"We're invited to the princess's private birthday party..."

"What!", Wendy's eyes widen and falls open. 

Yeri plops down between the two shocked eldest and holds them by their shoulders. 

"We're going to the palace, my dear older siblings" 

Namjoon and Wendy stare at the youngest, who was smiling brightly at them. Wendy lets out a huff, which switches into laughter, making the other two laugh as well. They end up laughing together for a while. 

"Wait...", Wendy says after a moment of silence between the three. Her eyes widen and she grabs Yerim's hand. "YOU'RE SERIOUS?", she shouts. 

"Hey, why are you shouting at your little sister?", mr Kim opens the door and steps inside the living room with a plastic bag in his hand. 

"We're invited to the palace, dad!", Yerim says excitedly, pulling her sister's hand off of her. 

Their father takes off his shoes and hat and hangs it on the hook on the wall.

"What?", he asks. 

"The princess is holding a birthday party and we're invited. Here", Namjoon gives his father the letter and he takes out his glasses to read it.

Mr Kim breaks into a smile.

"Look at this, we are going to the princess's birthday party!", he walks towards the couch and sits down in between his children, after they made some space for him. Mr Kim puts his left arm around Namjoon and his right arm around Yerim and Wendy, pulling them in a hug. 

"I'm so proud of my children", Mr Kim pats Wendy's head softly.

The three laugh and giggle as they hold onto each other. 

 

______________________________

This was a shorter chapter (sorry~~). I'm quite busy, so some chapters will be smaller but I'll try to make as much progress as I can :))