๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ

Chosen | Yves x Reader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ย 

ย 

"P-princess?!"

Embarrassment; the only thing I feel in this moment.ย 

The girl studies me from head to toe, a grim line crossing her lips. I don't miss the way her eyes falter on the (now) dirtied clothes adorning my frame before her gaze lifts up to meet mine once more. It's in that moment do I remember that I'm wearing her clothes, the new rip in my knee seeming to blister at the realisation. As if reading my thoughts she quirks an eyebrow.

I'm drawn out of my thoughts as Jungeun nods her head, tongue clicking against her cheek.

"Yes. Although, it is a bit of a surprise..." She trails off. Before she can continue a new voice beats her to it, the long forgotten raven haired girl interrupting us as she turns to face her friend with furrowed eyebrows. Olivia levels the princessย with a look of pure confusion.

"Why are you here? I thought you left on the night of the eclipse...?"

The night of the eclipse... it had to have been connected somehow.
ย 

The princess--ย Sooyoungย hums and nods her head.ย  I watch as she shifts her weight onto her other foot and clasps her hands behind her back, watch as her lips purse together impossibly further. Her voice comes out like velvet. She was well spoken, clear and regal. Just like her mother.

"Mother and father called for me. As a matter of fact..." She trails off and this time looks in my direction once more. I wasn't sureย whyย her gaze made me feel so little. Maybe it was the pure air of superiority which rang over her, or maybe the dozen extra guards I notice watching us from over her shoulder. Or maybe it was because she was so incredibly beautiful it was almost sinful. Either way, I will myself to not look away as I swallow the sudden dryness in my throat.

"The overseer wants to talk to us. Alone."

This time I furrow my own eyebrows.

"I saw him earlier. What does he want?"

She seems to cringe a little at my etiquette but nonetheless continues.

"I do not know. But it is best to not keep him waiting."

I spare a glance in Jungeun and Hyejoo's direction who both shrug their shoulders lamely. Before anything else can be said a gruff voice calls out to us from behind the princess.

"The carriage is ready, m'lady!"

Palace guards. For a second I could've sworn I recognised a few faces from my awakening in the forest, but I'm given no time to dwell on it before the princess cuts me from my thoughts.

"We'll be off. Please keep Hyejoo out of trouble, Jungeun. I've been here five minutes and I hear your men are terrified of her."

The two girls ignore Olivia's offended "hey!" as Jungeun chuckles and nods her head. I don't miss the very pointed look she sends in my direction but before I can question it the princess starts walking back in the direction she came from. Noticing the look she shoots me over her shoulder I rush to hurry after her. In that moment I scoff inwardly, fighting the urge of rolling my eyes.

Trust me to run after the pretty girl.

Leaving the two girls behind us I can't ignore the flush which fights its way across my cheeks as we near closer to the princess' guards. I could definitely confirm my suspicion now. There was no mistaking the way hesitant eyes met mine before snapping away instantly, no mistaking the awkward atmosphere surrounding us. They were scared of me. But before anything can be said my attention is drawn to the large carriage in question behind them.ย 

The carriage is framed with simi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter