๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง

Chosen | Yves x Reader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซย ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง ย 

ย 

Dฮ›Y ฦงฮฃVฮฃะŸ

ย 

ย 

Waking up today, my body felt weightless. Like I had completely sunken into the soft, warm confines of the bed beneath me as I slept. That feeling you get after a long day and all you need is to take a nap to soothe the aching in your bones.ย 

I never was a morning person.

A loud groan tears from my throat as the feeling of cold air nips at my body. The sudden invasion of morning light entering my vision has me squinting my eyes, throwing my arms over my head. The chirping of birds is all I hear amongst the silence, singing unrecognisable melodies like a band with no tune. For a moment I lay still and just take it in.

It's not until several seconds passes before my mind catches up to reality.ย 

My eyes snap open in realisation when a particular feminine, aggravated tsk breaks the silence accompanied with the sound of a foot tapping impatiently against floor.ย  Snapping my gaze in the figures direction, my throat dries instantly. I yelp.

"AH!"

Quickly, I reach for the blankets and pull them back over my body, burrowing myself into them as if I was . I felt so exposed under her watchful eyes, now furrowed in surprise at my unexpected motion.ย 

Peering over the blanket I don't miss the roll of her eyes nor the way her tongue presses against her cheek. She lookedย pissed.

Nonetheless, I continue-- still shocked and confused over why theย hellย Yves was standing over my bed.

"Warn a ?!"ย 

"Language." Yves warns, her face twisting at my choice of words. Her deadpanned voice brings a chill up my back and for a second I wondered if I did something wrong.

Did I somehow offend her? Wait a minute...ย was that dream real?!

Before I could entertain the thought, however, my eyes widen impossibly further in recognition when memories from yesterday come back to me. It felt like a heavy weight cementing itself on my chest and shoulders, a reminder of just what I'd gotten myself into.

My potential exile, (most likely) ruining my friendship with Jungeun before it even had a chance toย reallyย start, and finally, my conversation withย Yves.ย 

ย I would now be acting as one of her guards.

The sound of her releasing a short huff has me snapping back to reality.

"I told you to be ready before I got here. We have things to do, Y/N. Some part of me actually hoped you would have listened." She tsks a second time, eyeing me up and down before quirking an eyebrow. "You know, some may call it disrespectful to make theย princessย wake you. Perhaps that is something to think about."

Unable to stop myself, this timeย Iย rollย myย eyes.

"You really gotta stop referring to yourself in the third person, it's getting kinda weird-"

"Y/N."ย ย 

Something about the hardening of her gaze and the way she stresses my name has me shutting up instantly, raising my hands in mock defence.

"What? I'm just saying... I didn't lie though.."

Yves opens and closes several times, a frustrated look taking over her features. I watch amused as her cheeks heat up the faintest of reds as she tried thinking of a comeback, the scrunch of her nose when her face twists up annoyed. After several long (failed) seconds, however, she gives up. Shaking her head she levels me with one last hot glare.

"Unbelievable." She grumbles.ย 

I watch after her as she turns on her heel and walks towards the large mahogany wardrobe, pulling the doors open and peering inside. Her hands fumble about with different pieces of clothing, searching for something that wouldย "make you fit in alongside me"--ย herย exactย words when the palace maids fetched me new clothes the night before.

It's not until she delicately places down what looks like a white shirt on the foot of my bed do I realise where I was. Quickly, I push the blankets back off my body and stand to my feet.

"Y-you don't need to do that you know..."ย 

My voice trails off as a sudden feeling of nerves courses through me. Something about the way she delicately handled my clothes despite being annoyed with me. Something about the way she acknowledges my words with a brief hum. Something about the way she spares me a second long glance over her shoulder, eyelashes fluttering against her cheeks as she blinks at me.

Somethingย ย about Yves that has me clinging to her every little actions as if they were anythingย butย 'little'.ย ย 

I'm torn from my thoughts, embarrassed, when she speaks.

"We are late. Mother and father would frown upon me for doing such work, but I suppose I can make an exception this once."

"Late?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows. "Late for what?"

Placing down the final piece of clothing, she closes the wardrobe doors before once again settling her gaze on me.

"We must return to my families home outside the kingdom. There is something I must retrieve. I have been told you have been there before, correct?" She gives me a once over. "What ever happened to my clothes, by the way?"

I stay mute. I rememberedย exactly. My hands subconsciously start fiddling with each other behind my back as I rocked back and forth on the balls of my feet. Not long after my sparring sessions with her and the girls, I ended up ripping her pants so bad beyond imagination that I tossed them out one of the many palace windows.ย 

I cough, ignoring the question.

"Y-yes your home is beautiful, you don't see many of them back where I'm from. It's nice."

She hums. Levelling me with suspicious eyes, to my fortune she decides not to push it. Instead she nods her head.

"I am glad you agree. I always preferred it over living in this palace. It is refreshing to get away from my duties, to live as close to normal as I can."

But just like clockwork, the light hearted conversation shifts as her words trail to an end. Walking back to her place at the foot of the bed, she looks everywhere but at me.

"Ever since Jennie somehow passed the barrier, mother and father have forbade me from leaving." Her words are spoken with a familiar venom, that same tone she used the night of the attack. She opens to continue but for the slightest of seconds she hesitates. I almost thought I imagined it. " It took some convincing but we are allowed to leave under the agreement that Taehyung and his guards come with us."

Taehyung. The familiar friendly face comes to my mind almost instantly.ย 

A moment of silence follows as I consider her words, a strained chuckle passing my lips.

"For someone so stubborn your dad seems to cave a lot. You must be a daddy's girl, huh." It was more of a statement than a question. Instead of retaliating she merely shrugs. My face sobers automatically as another familiar face comes to mind.ย  "Actually, it reminds me a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter