๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง

Chosen | Yves x Reader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซย ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง ย 

ย 

I feel like the world ripples around me. Like I walked into a mist that clouded my vision, crystalizing my eyes.ย  A second long zap of what felt like static shock runs through my body the minute we walk through, rattling in my bones. When the world soon comes back into focus and the warm hand in mine tugs to let me knowย "we're okay",ย my mind is quick to understand what just happened.

The misty glaze soon passes and my eyes blur back normal, letting me take in our surroundings: a tent similar to Olivia's med bay from the day I arrived,ย  soft streams of light filtering inside through the patchy fabric in sporadic places. But unlike her tent, this one lookedย regal.ย  Dark oak tables lined in silver, a large glassed cabinet homing armour intrinsically patterned in what looked like rhinestones. Looking down I notice the maroon carpet rolled out on the floor beneath our feet. And then I notice the way my legs suddenly felt heavy as if the weight is coming back to my body.

My eyes blow wide. Forgetting the grip held on my hand, I quickly turn around just in time to see the last guard coming through. First his legs, then his torso, and finally his head: the air around him forming into mosaic glass then returning to normal the moment his entire body emerged. Then it's as if nothing happened. As if I was staring at the back of a normal tent.ย 

Flabbergasted, I reach a hand forward, trying to feel for whatever it is we just came through. But I couldn't. Instead I look stupid as I hold my hand in the air, grasping at nothing.ย 

Another soft tug in my other hand has me turning back around, meeting familiar brown eyes.ย 

"It has a protective spell. It will appear back to us when we need it."

Maybe if I was thinking a little clearer, I would have given a second thought to my next actions, not taken advantage of the (somewhat) affection she'd given me. But I wasn't thinking clearly.

I shrug her hand out of mine and bring my arms into the air, exasperated. If she was offended she didn't seem to show it, nothing but her stoic face and purse of her lips following.

"Okay that was cool and all but can you next time warn me whenย that'sย about to happen??"

Her eyebrows furrow, confused. I don't miss the slight shuffle of her guards as they move to protect their princess.

"What is the problem?" She spares a momentary warning glance towards the men, motioning for them to calm. Then she looks back at me, inquisitive. "I did tell you we were leaving, did I not?"

"We don't have... that! We walk places, weย driveย places-" my hands instinctively form into theย 'beep beep'ย motion, the same I showed Olivia the day we met.ย  I don't miss the look of confusion that crosses Yves' face but I ignore it for now. "We don't walk throughย mirrors!"

Despite her clear confusion, Yves simply sighs. Sparing her guards anotherย firmย look when they attempt to come closer at my raising voice, she appraises me with a soft hum. And then she bows her head a fraction.

"I have told you time and time again but you seem to keep forgetting. This is a new world that you must adapt to, Y/N. I do not understand how you feel but I realise now I should have warned you. I am sorry."

My eyes grow wide again but this time for a different reason. Okay, now Iย knewย something was up.ย 

"What was that?"

"What?"

ย "Jeez, for a moment there I thought I was talking to my therapist..." My words trail off into a mumble. Not that I was complaining (which I was sure it sounded like Iย was), but I still hadn't gotten use to her sudden change in behaviour over night. She was nice today... a littleย tooย nice.

Instead of retaliating like I expected her to, she hums once more and seems to struggle through her next words-- completelyย outย of her element. As if she was biting on ice.

"You must excuse me, I am not good at that wholeย friendshipย thing. Jungeun and Hyejoo are more like sisters to me than they are friends..." She trails off. "I am trying."

Just as I open my mouth to respond, I'm beat. The sound of the tent flap opening and a man rushing in catches our attention instantly. We turn to look at the man. He looks jittery as he steps forward, his face heating up at the eyes on him. I recognised who he was instantly. The man with the quill who sat besides Jungkook. If I was correct, I was sure his name was Jimin.

"Princess." He bows. His hat stays firmly in place as he quickly stands back up straight. "I was not told you would be visiting today, does the king know of your absence? It is not safe outside the kingdom-"

Wait a minute...

I shoot Yves a sceptical look as her words come back to me. She lied.

Yves, ignoring my glance, raises her hand and the man silences instantly. Her voice is clear and emotionless.

"Your concern is appreciated but there is no need."

Jimin looks between us all, apprehensive.ย 

"Of course, your majesty..." Despite his affirmation, I couldn't help but furrow my eyebrows in confusion. His defiance is clear on his face as he offers an awkward bow. And then his gaze stops on mine and recognition is clear in his eyes. He turns back to Yves.ย  "Is there something you need?"

She shakes her head.

"No. I can tend well by myself, but I will be sure to inform you if I require your presence. "

"Yes, your majesty."

He turns to leave. For a moment I simply stare at Yves' side profile. It still managed to surprise me whenever I watched her talk to other people. How different she spoke to them compared to how she spoke to me. I'm drawn out of my thoughts when she calls out to the man.

"But there is one more thing."

He stops. I never was good at noticing body ques or when things seemed to be wrong, but the stiffening of his shoulders was as clear as day as he turns back around slowly. I don't miss the breath of air that escapes Yves' lips and I'm sure she noticed it as well.ย 

ย Jimin faces Yves and despite his actions, his face remains stoic as if he's guarding his emotions. I watch as Yves studies him for a few moments before a small, hint of a smile crosses her lips.

"We will be out of your way soon, but until then" that smile washes off her face " I would advise you it is in your best interest to ensure thisย meetingย remains ourย secret."

His face washes pale. He nods stiffly.

"Y-yes, your majesty."

And then he turns, walking away. Exiting the flap of the tent quickly.

Once he's out of earshot and all that's left in the tent are me, Yves, and the guards-- she turns to Taehyung and the two share a second long glance with one another. Like a conversation was occurring before my very eyes without anything needing to be uttered. For a moment that same sickly feeling from only moments ago resurfaces to my chest, but I push it aside when Yves turns to look at me over her shoulder. It's in that moment does the odd feeling subside and instead be replaced by a swarm of butterflies.

"I hear that honesty is the backbone of most friendships, so I must admit I lied. We are not supposed to be here."

Defiance.ย It reminded me too much of me. So referring back to the words she told me earlier, I sigh.

"Maybe in another life we were friends."

ย 

____

ย 

I remembered the first time I saw the royal home.

I remembered the horse ride. Me riding with one of the queens guards, his complaining about my tight grip and my frequent calls for him to slow down. Olivia's teasing, and theย Queen'sย comforting gaze.

I remembered the path we took. The same path that connected everything together one way or another. The path that connected the temple to the the training grounds, and finally to the home. The path surrounded by be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter