๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง

Chosen | Yves x Reader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซย ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง ย 

ย 

"Yes."

The sudden dryness in my throat has me choking, startled. My eyes blow open as I double over, trying to regain myself. Yves' eyebrows furrow in concern as she watches me stand up, her eyes watching my every move.

"Are you okay??"

"Y-yes, perfect, amazing-" Another cough. I'm practically banging on my own chest. I'm sure my face heated up ten dark shades of red as my mind subconsciously mulls over her words. The way her eyes bored into mine, so hot and intense. The way she whispered out her words as if they burnt her tongue to utter. There was something hidden beneath her gaze that made me fluster, something that had me overthinking and crumbling to putty.

Yves stands up and places a tentative hand on my back, face screwed up in worry.

"I think it would be a pity if you choked to deathย beforeย my people are saved and any progress is made. Breathe."

I take a deep breath and will myself to straighten out, sheepish smile on my face, crooked and awkward.

"R-right, sorry. I think I swallowed a bug or something..."

"Right..." she gives me a skeptical glance and her hand retreats back to her side. The second long look of blazing hot confusion that crosses her face has me coughing another time, only this time quick to change conversation.

"Anyway," I start. I tear our gazes away from each other and take a step in the direction of the tree, facing its apples. It's only when my back is turned towards her do I feel my face scrunch up in frustration.ย God, Y/N, why are you so god damn awkward?!ย I shake my head to rid myself of my thoughts and continue.

"You still haven't answered my question. What do you do in your spare time?"

I'm taken aback by the sudden change in atmosphere when her reaction is instant. This time Iย knewย I wasn't just imagining it. She laughsโ€” the sound like honey, soft. But there was no mistaking its melancholic edge.

"Y/N, I do notย haveย time. I am the princess, in case you've forgotten. And yet lately I've been passing it figuring out what to do withย you..."

Uh oh.

My brain short circuits as her laughter consumes the air. My brain short circuits as I watch a smile cross her face, possibly the first one since I met her. Her gummy smile, the creases at the corners of , the way her eyes squint slightly as the soft chuckles leave her lips. In this moment she looked care free. In this moment as the sunflowers and daffodils sway seamlessly in the breeze, her hair moves just as swiftly so it elegantly frames around her face.

I almost slap myself in the face for my own thoughts, frustrated.

Stop simping! God, Y/N, you're being the gross kind of gay-

I'm drawn from my thoughts when her laughter ceases and she sighs, humour now leaving her system. I knew she wasn't laughing at me, no. I watch as she trails her eyes to meet mine and offers an almost hesitant smile.

"I have something to show you."

________

The moment Yves and I take our leave from the garden, talk is instant. It was almost impossible to ignore the many eyes staring our way, impossible to ignore the sceptical daggers being glared at the back of my head. I couldn't ignore the hushed whispers that filtered around us once Yves revealed herself.ย 

"Why is she not acting?"

"She is the princess, surely she can convince the king that the overseer is innocent!"

"Innocent? Ha! He's a traitor. A Northling. The king said it himself."

"You seriously believe that?! The only one who can get us out of this messย isย the overseer!"

"Then why is that girl here? What is her place? Who is she?"

"Maybe the princess got tired of following rules again and sought an -"

Before the hushed figures could continue they were stopped. Yves stops her pace and stands still. In an instant, Taehyung and the nameless guard still just as quickly and gravel the heels of their boots against the marble floor. Yves turns on her heel and the murmurs silence, a dark tension growing in the atmosphere. Yves zeros in on the nearest couple, their words from moments before ringing through our ears like a broken record. I felt embarrassed. I could only begin to imagine how she felt.

"By all means continue. Surely you can say that againย toย me this time?" Her face is stoic and voice hard.

The two people stammer over their words and shake their heads a little too aggressively, faces paling at being heard by the princess.

"N-no, your highness."

Yves quirks an eyebrow.

"And why would that be? Nervous? Or are you just now realising that I will have your head in the dining banquet for trading lies and questioning my dignity."

A silent collective gasp rippled among the few palace folk, maids and servants included, who heard her words.

"Your highnessโ€”" Taehyung's voice is hesitant, questioning. He seems just as confused as the guard beside him at the princess' change in demeanour. From behind his helmet I noticed the furrow of his eyebrows and the tight purse of his lips. But before he can continue he's stopped. The motion of Yves raising her hand in a closed fist has him silencing immediately, remembering his place. I swallow.

While I thought I'd seen the different sides of Yvesโ€” her kindness, her understanding, her stubbornnessโ€” even I'm taken aback. She stands tall, her jaw clenching. She not once spares a glance in my direction as she glares down the two palace folk. They both share a look with one another and stammer.

"Our apologies, your highness. We will not do it again." They bow.

Without meaning to I find myself sharing a look with Taehyung. He looks confused, disturbed. But before anything can be said, Yves tuts. She turns around and walks away.

We're quick to follow after her, matching her long, frustrated strides. The moment I'm walking in tandem besides her I take a second to glance at the side of her face. She looksย angry. I was too caught up in my own thoughts that I didn't realise we rounded several corners before we stop in front of a large door. Yves turns to her guards and levels them with a scathing look, one that could've possibly burnt through their helmets.

"Stay."

Taehyung opens his mouth to protest but he's silenced immediately by the hard stare she shoots his way. With a hesitant nod, the two gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter