๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ

Chosen | Yves x Reader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ย 

ย 

The minute I wake I'm met with a sight I was not expecting.

My eyes shut as quick as they opened once I'm met with the sun glaring down onto my body. My mind felt fuzzy as a throbbing ache attacked my temples. Actually, now that I thought about it, my whole bodyย hurt.ย  My arms and legs felt heavy as I lay on the floor, a warm flush taking over my face as the sun caresses it gently.ย  Vibrant green trees stood looming over me as their leaves whistled in the wind, the dried grass and twigs beneath my back bringing an uncomfortable itch up my skin. A static like vibration seemed to rattle at my bones for several seconds before the sensation disappeared, gone as quick as it came. The sound of chirping birds and the rustling of bushes filled the silence of the forest.

Wait a minute.

I sprung up as my mouth fell agape, eyes widening. How the hell did I get out here? In aย forest?!ย  What am I, Bella Swan?

"Hello!" I shout into the quiet ambience. No response.

I itched at my forehead as my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. The last thing I could remember was dad picking me up from the university, the quiet drive on the way home... but then it clicks. Images flash in my mind of the burning in my body, the screams which left my lips and the pure horror etched across dads face.

The car which crashed into ours and sent us flipping across the road.

"Dad..." I whisper under my breath as my heart suddenly clenches. This had to be a dream. Some sick joke.ย 

"Dad? Dad!" I pull myself to my feet and wince at the sharp pain which sends through my body. "Dad!!" I call out once more as tears begin to well in my eyes.

ย This can't be happening. One minute we were in that car and now here I am; clothes muddy and tattered, shirt ripped at the forearm, pants and shoes covered in dirt. Where the hell is he?ย 

Where the hell am I?!

I almost convinced myself that I was dreaming until I pinched myself in the arm and felt it instantly. Panic starts to cloud my senses as reality seems to catch up to me.

"Hello!! Anybody!!" I push through the aching in my legs and start walking in a random direction. My eyes snapped around my surroundings, peering around large trees and peeking through the leaves. It looked like I was in a small clearing but I couldn't be sure. I had no idea where I was.

But then I heard it.

A few moments of silence passed before a small cluster of birds sped out of the trees they were hiding in. I jumped surprised as one narrowly misses my head but then my attention is drawn to a nearby rustling in the bushes. Through the bush I briefly see a burgundy-like fabric and I find myself relaxing. Faint footsteps and murmuring consumed the air as they get nearer.

"Thank go-"ย 

I stop myself.

The part of me which felt relief was suddenly taken over by a strong sense of confusion. My words fall short as I take in the sight before me. I felt like I'd just stumbled into a Hollywood gladiator movie set.

Five figures approached me high and mighty as the person at the front pulled on the reigns of their horse. The man yelled a curt word which brought his entourage to a hesitant stop, horses neighing as they heeded their masters commands. I let my eyes wonder. They dressed in burgundy cloth and what looked like armour, serious looks painted on each of their faces as I dragged my eyes between them. The rider at the back held a metal pole in the air, the same burgundy fabric I saw moments before attached firmly on its end. It looked like one of those medieval sigil's I'd seen so many times before in the history books. I shake my head to rid myself of my thoughts and release a huff of air.

"Listen, the horses are cool and all but can one of you tell me where I am and how I got here?" I rest my hands on my hips and take a step towards them.

ย Little did I know-- this would be one of my greatest mistakes.

Like clockwork they all suddenly jump on high alert, spears springing up from their sides and pointing directly at me. A loud shriek escapes my lips as I instantly step back with my arms raised up to my face, completely shell shocked.ย 

"Whoa whoa whoa, put the spears down!!" My voice increases an octave. This doesn't seem to settle well.

I meet the eyes of the man in front as he releases the reigns and steps off of his horse. Now that I could see him in his entirety my throat suddenly dries. He looked different from the others, an air of superiority hanging over his body. I don't miss the way he rests a hand on the hilt of his spear as he stares me down.

"Who are you." He demands. I'm taken aback by the roughness of his voice but I will myself to push it aside. His words finally register, my eyebrows furrowing.

ย "Who am I-- no, who the hell are you?!"

My response seems to trigger a similar reaction among the group as a quiet murmur breaks out from behind him.

"She understands us?"
"How does she know what you said?"
"She's not from here, just look at her-"
"How is that possible-"

ย 

What?

Before I can think too much into it the man raises his hand in a firm fist which shuts them up instantly. His eyes bored into mine as he regarded me with scepticism.ย 

"Tell me who you are or suffer the consequences."

What is this, a joke?

I roll my eyes. "Listen man, I don't want any trouble-"ย 

I shut up instantly. Now only inches away from my face was his spear, menacing. He continues once more however this time with more venom.ย 

"Who. Are. You."

My brain short circuits. My eyes come together at the corners as I eye down the tip of the spear, completely frozen in my spot. The spear pointed directly between my eyebrows so it pointed to the centre of my forehead. Perhaps in that moment I should have made the smart decision. Agreed and answered his questions, jumped to the bottom of whateverย thisย was in a way which didn't involve a spear to my face. But, consumed by nothing but panic I say the first thing I could think of.ย 

"Look! Over there!"

ย Clearly not expecting my sudden shout, he and the others followed my point as they readied themselves in what looked like battle stances.ย 

ย But before they could realise nothing was there or even so much as spare a quick glance in my direction-- I'd already taken off into a hard sprint. I ran wildly away from them, my heart pumping wildly against my chest as my limbs moved erratically around my body. I never was an athletic person but in this moment I found myself running a speed I never thought possible. The wind whistles past my hair as my feet crunch noisily into the leaves beneath my shoes.ย What is going on?

The hushed sounds of multipleย "go get hers!"ย andย "she's getting away!"ย followed my wake as I willed myself to go faster.ย  Weaving in and out of trees I had no idea where I was going. That would be my downfall.

A blur races past my vision so fast I didn't even see it coming. A shoulder roughly knocks against mine and effectively sends me straight to my knees, falling onto my side. The same man from before stood over me with a fierce look on his face.ย Hatred.

How the hell did he get here so fast?!

ย "I don't know who the hell you are or how the hell you understand us, but one thing's for sure." His voice drops to a threatening whisper. "Wrong choice, girl."

ย He raises his spear above his head as he readies himself for the kill. Out of instinct I raise my hands in front of my body.ย 

Nothing could've prepared me for what happened next.

The minute I struck out my hand I felt a shock run along my fingertips. That same buzzing sensation I felt from touching the door handle, the same sensation which burned through my body moments before disaster. It felt like it rumbled through my veins, charging up the longer I lied waiting for the spear to come down and pierce through me. But it didn't.

ย The long forgotten ring on my han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter