Laces

Ryulia Oneshot Collection

so, part two of in another world is currently a work in progress! i don’t know when i’ll finish it though, so for now here’s another oneshot for you to enjoy.

 

Italics= Thoughts

Bold= English 

Underline= Texts 

 

 

 

Jisu loved her girlfriend to bits, there’s no denying that. Ever since she saw that whisker smile, she knew that she was a goner. Shin Ryujin was just too lovable to not love.

 

‘Honestly, I think it’s a sin to not love her.’ Jisu thought. She looked to the blue-haired girl who was eating her dinner, her habit of keeping full causing her cheeks to puff up. The older girl found it too adorable and discreetly snapped a photo. She looked at her phone’s screen and smiled.

 

Yeah, it was simply impossible to not love Shin Ryujin. 

 

She was just the perfect girlfriend. Jisu was admittedly clumsy, but Ryujin would always be there to catch her when she falls. She constantly paid attention and helped her out even when she hasn't realized that she even needed it. And when she was feeling down, Ryujin would always be there to cheer her up with her sweet gestures and reassuring words.

 

”Jisu, why aren't you eating? Are you full already?” she heard Ryujin asked. The older girl immediately shook her head in response.

 

”Of course not! I was just thinking of something, that's all.” Ryujin nodded her head and went back to eating.

 

”Well, if you say so. Tell me if something’s bothering you though. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable, especially when we’re on a date.” Ryujin said, before placing her carefully twirled pasta in .

 

”It’s really nothing, don't worry. There’s no way I’ll ever feel uncomfortable here. It’s our favorite restaurant after all! And you’re here with me too, I can't be any happier.” The younger giggled at her reply and Jisu returned to eating her own food. Ryujin’s concern definitely solidified the fact that she was truly the perfect girlfriend.

 

The couple eventually finished their food and paid, leaving a generous tip for the courteous and hardworking staff. They decided to take a walk in the nearby park, instantly feeling relaxed in the silence due to the lack of people. However, after several minutes, the peaceful atmosphere was ruined when Jisu almost fell when she tripped on some random litter left behind by one park goers. Ryujin was quick to catch her girlfriend and steady her before she hurt herself.

 

”Thanks for saving me again Ryujin.” Jisu said, relief evident in her voice. The blue-haired girl grinned at her, before bending down to pick up the offending piece of plastic on the ground.

 

”I can’t believe someone would litter in such a beautiful place. Don't they know how dangerous it is for people and the environment? It would have caused trouble for the staff. And if I wasn't here, then you definitely would have been hurt.” Ryujin ranted, a pout on her face. Jisu simply giggled at her cuteness and told her it was alright.

 

”Come on, let’s just throw that away and go on our way.” The two then walked towards the trash bin situated beside one of the park’s many lamp posts. Once Ryujin disposed of the trash, Jisu reached out for her hand, ready to go on their way.

 

”Wait, the moon’s really pretty.” Ryujin said, pointing towards the dark sky. Jisu looked to the sky and saw the crescent moon and she didn't even need to look at the girl beside her to know that Ryujin brought out her phone to snap a few photos. When she looked back at her younger girlfriend, she gasped softly in awe. The light from the lamp post surrounding her in a soft glow that seemed to accentuate her beauty.

 

’Ryujin really is perfect.’ she thought to herself, smiling because she was happy to call this girl her lover. Sometimes, the older girl really wonders what she’s done to deserve such a perfect girl.

 

Jisu’s eyes trailed downwards and her smile fell from her face. If anyone were to ask her about something she didn't like about Ryujin, it was definitely this. She glared at her girlfriend’s feet, noticing something she’s been reprimanding her for over and over again.

 

Maybe Ryujin wasn’t as perfect, but Jisu erases that thought immediately. This one flaw doesn't change a thing. Jisu just hopes she’ll change this habit of hers.

 

See, Shin Ryujin had the habit of leaving her shoes untied. It wasn't a big deal, but with Jisu being as clumsy as she is, she usually trips on them. And she definitely isn’t the only victim. She wonders how Ryujin herself has never tripped on them even once, but she reasons that the girl was simply too used to untied laces. Unfortunately, not everyone was the same as her. 

 

Ryujin’s apparent laziness with her shoelaces wouldn’t have been such a huge problem, if the girl didn't prefer to wear laced shoes so much. Jisu swears that she’s only ever seen Ryujin wear unlaced shoes twice in her many years of knowing her. She doesn't understand why Ryujin doesn't tie her laces, but even now, she still hopes for the day that Shin Ryujin would tie them, without her reprimanding her.

 

”Uhh, babe? Is something wrong? You’ve been glaring at the ground for the past few minutes now.” Ryujin suddenly breaks her train of thought and Jisu snaps out of her trance. She looks to her girlfriend with a small frown.

 

”Baby, how many times have I told you to tie your shoes?” she asks. Ryujin immediately looked sheepish and knelt down to tie her shoes.

 

”I’m sorry. I know you've told me about this a lot of times already.” she says apologetically, trying her best to tie her shoes as quickly as possible. Jisu could only sigh and look back to the moon, telling the girl that it was alright.

 

”Okay, I’m almost done now.” Jisu heard her lover say, and she turned back to Ryujin, ready to continue with their stroll. However, what she saw caused her to immediately freeze.

 

Ryujin was still kneeling down on one knee. However, her hands weren't on her shoelaces, and her head wasn't bowed down to look at her shoes. No. Jisu saw that her shoes were already tied. Instead, what she saw was a small velvet box, carefully rested in Ryujin’s hands. She could already feel her eyes water as she watched, in what felt like slow motion, Ryujin gently open the box with the biggest and brightest smile on her face.

 

Jisu brought her hands to her lips, feeling her jaw drop as the tears trickled down her cheeks. Inside was a ring, a beautiful diamond resting on top, shining under the light. She barely let Ryujin finish her question before she tackled Ryujin in a tight hug, causing them to fall to the ground with a soft thud.

 

The slight pain didn't matter to both of them as Jisu felt herself nodding into Ryujin’s shoulder, repeatedly saying yes while she continued letting out sobs. Ryujin herself felt her own tears escaping her eyes as she embraced the older girl, absolutely overjoyed to know that the love of her life had agreed to marry her. While Jisu was still crying, the two stood up, Ryujin putting the ring on Jisu’s finger. They then shared their first kiss as fiancees, tears still evident on their cheeks. They smiled at each other when they pulled their lips apart, whilst still in each other’s arms.

 

”I’m happy to know my plan worked out in the end.” Ryujin said, before letting out a soft laugh. 

 

Jisu, with tears still falling down her face, immediately looked at her in confusion. Ryujin brought her hands to hold Jisu’s and looked at her fiancee sheepishly.

 

”Well, I purposely left my shoes untied so I have a reason to get on my knees without being obvious.” she explained simply. Jisu didn't know if she should cry or laugh at that and simply did a complicated mix of both, releasing one of her hands and slapping Ryujin’s shoulder. The other girl immediately pouted at her older lover. Jisu only brought her back into her embrace, nuzzling her face into the shoulder she previously hit.

 

”I’ll only forgive you this once, but you better tie your shoes from now on, Shin Ryujin!” she said, her voice muffled by the shoulder she was pressed into. Ryujin only laughed in response and returned Jisu’s hug. The older girl turned her head and glared at her fiancee. Even with her tear-stained face, the blue-haired girl gulped, not daring to look into her lover’s eyes. She only brought her hand to Jisu’s head and entangled her fingers in Jisu’s soft hair, trying to think of a good answer.

 

”Whatever you wish, Shin Jisu.” she said, leaving a kiss on Jisu’s forehead. Caught off guard by the way Ryujin referred to her, she was flustered and she felt her face heat up. Jisu wordlessly clenched her fist and lightly hit Ryujin’s other shoulder. The younger girl only laughed, pulling the older into another soft kiss.

 

The now engaged couple remained in each other’s embrace under the lamp post, happy and in love. As they kissed, Jisu thinks of what lies ahead of her and Ryujin in the future, but stops herself. She’ll leave that for another day because the future doesn't really matter more than now. This was the happiest moment of her life. Well, at least until their wedding day.

 

When they inevitably break apart, Jisu looks into Ryujin’s eyes.

 

Shin Ryujin is definitely perfect. Perfect, no matter what anyone tells her. Perfect, even if she knows Ryujin would never get over her stupid habit of never tying her shoelaces. It doesn’t matter, because Jisu will always be there to remind her. 

 

 

 

and that's a wrap for this one shot. thank you for reading, i hope you enjoyed! please leave a comment down below on your thoughts, i would appreciate it a lot! also to everyone who’s subscribed, commented upvoted, thank you very much!!! i seriously never expected this fic to get this much attention.