6 - Changes

Before We Got Famous {NamGi/SugaMon}

While Yoongi was waiting for Namjoon, he tried to summarize his thoughts. First, it's been only a day they're living together, so there was no reason to see too much into a simple touch or a smile. Second, they're gonna be like colleagues who were gonna be in an idol group, and at least two or three more member will join. He quickly figured out that the rest of the trainees gonna live with them as well. So no sneaky glances! He had to focus on his dreams, not to the latter's soft hand... Goddammit!

While he was in his thoughts, Namjoon arrived, so they set off to the company.

"What kind of conditions did you join to BigHit?" Yoongi asked after a few minutes of silence.

"As a rapper and a songwriter. The boss wants to debut a hip-hop themed group."

"And... how many other trainees were before me?"

"Well, there were a few, but I'm the only one who stayed from the original setup" Namjoon replied, a deep sigh left his lips.

Yoongi noticed that the latter didn't like to talk about this, so he dropped the topic and let the silence to settle between them.

"May I ask you what's your dream?" Namjoon's question caught Yoongi off guard; he thought about it before he replied.

"Hm, I'd mainly like to be a rapper" Yoongi started slowly, "but I want to write my own lyrics."

"Well, you have talent for both, so I think if you'll be in good hands you're gonna reach your dreams" Namjoon glanced at the other, sending him a smile. Somehow Yoongi only then realized that if the taller one smiled widely enough, dimples appeared on his cheeks.

"I hope you're right" Yoongi mumbled quietly, scratching the back of his neck in his nervousness; he even lowered his head, feeling that his lips curled up into a smile. Warmness bloomed inside his chest by the latter's words. 

When they arrived at the company Yoongi followed Namjoon into the building, only stopping in front of the elevator. A few minutes later they're already standing at their boss' office. 

"So, this is Bang Pd-nim's office " Namjoon said while he knocked the door. After they heard a muffled 'come in' he opened the door and stepped in; Yoongi took a deep breath before he followed suit. They both bowed as they greeted the elder and sat down in front of his desk. 

"Good morning! I'm glad both of you came" Bang Pd-nim started. "Yoongi, you don't have to sign your contract right away, you can take it with you to read it thoroughly. To summarize it, I'd like you to be in the same position as Namjoon - to become a rapper" as he finished his sentence, he slid a bunch of papers towards Yoongi.

"Thank you again for hiring me" Yoongi bowed as much as he could in his seat, showing his gratitude towards his boss.

 

"Before you leave, I'd like to inform you about something. We realized that debuting a simple hip-hop band wouldn't bring too much profit, so we have to change the concept a bit."

"What does it mean exactly, Sir?" Namjoon asked, he sounded worried. Their boss took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes, a deep sigh left his lips before he slid back his glasses onto the bridge of his nose.

"It means, Namjoon and Yoongi, that the theme will be the same, but... you're gonna debut as an idol group."

What the hell? An idol group? Yoongi thought, as a bunch of questions formed in his head. Was that mean that they're gonna have to dance when they'd perform? Damn it, he didn't came here for this! But... but he wanted to reach his dreams, no matter what, he couldn't give up at the first difficulty!

"How many of us would be in total, Sir?" Namjoon asked his next question. Yoongi noticed that he didn't like the answers either.

"Seven, including you two."

Yoongi didn't want to believe what he heard; how the hell would seven people could live in that apartment? He was sure it would be more than uncomfortable to live with six other guys. Damn it... no, Yoongi thought, I can't give up!

"When will the first audition be?" Yoongi got snapped out from his thoughts by Namjoon's question.

"There's still a few things which needed to be done, and we also have to make the advertisements. I'll let you know when we have the date."

"All right, Sir" Namjoon said, then the two boys stood up in sync and bowed, bidding their goodbyes before they left from the office.

They were already on their way home, walking in silence as they tried to comprehend what they'd heard.

"I'm sorry, Yoongi" Namjoon spoke up when they arrived at their block.

"Why the hell are you apologizing for?" Yoongi asked; he had no idea why the other said that out of nowhere.

"Because you didn't come here to become an idol. I'm truly sorry, and I understand if after all of this you won't sign the contract" Yoongi saw how sad Namjoon became because of the situation. He was thinking about this all the way home? That he's gonna leave just because something didn't happened as he wanted?

Yoongi quickly stepped in front of the taller one, putting his hands onto his shoulders to make him to look up.

"There's no reason for me to be mad at you. It's not your fault that Bang Pd-nim made this decision, and I know that you don't wanna become an idol either. But I'm not gonna give up my dream at the first difficulty!"

"You're really staying?" Namjoon asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I am. What about you?"

Yoongi noticed how happy Namjoon became when he heard his decision. A huge grin crossed his face, showing his dimples again.

"I'm a trainee for a year now, and everyone gave up on me. I'm gonna prove them that no matter what, I'll make my dream come true."

"That's great!" Yoongi nodded and let go of Namjoon's shoulders, following him into the building, up to the apartment. But what's gonna happen? Yoongi had to admit that he had no idea. He could only hope that he'll never regret that he had chosen this path...

 

 

Hello there!

I know this chapter isn't that long, but I don't want to change them too much.

I hope you enjoyed it ^^

If you have any questions, you can ask me at my  curiouscat  ^^

Love y'all! ♥

~samsaekgoyangi~