5 - A helping hand

Before We Got Famous {NamGi/SugaMon}

Namjoon - much to his own surprise - woke up before his alarm took off. Maybe because he was nervous; after a short while he was sleeping with a stranger again. He felt that he was lucky that his new roommate didn't snort in his sleep.
Namjoon sat up and looked at Yoongi. He was sleeping curled up, his face was relaxed, and Namjoon felt that he started smiling. When he realized it he quickly turned over his head and grabbed his cell phone, checking out the time. It was pretty early, only six am, but he knew he couldn't sleep back, plus he could only sleep like half an hour or so, so he decided against it. He turned off the alarm and grabbed his clothes before he headed to the bathroom. After he was done with his morning routine - a quick shower, brushing his teeth and change his clothes - he went back to the bedroom.

When Yoongi woke up, he needed a few seconds to realize where he was. He sat up and looked around, slowly remembering what had happened with him last night, it made him to glance at the bed next to his, but to his surprise it was empty. A moment later he heard the sound of an opening door and Namjoon stepped into the room.

"Good morning, Yoongi" Namjoon greeted him with a smile.

"Morning, Namjoon" Yoongi murmured, still half-asleep. Namjoon noticed that his shirt slid up a bit, and Namjoon didn't know why but he glanced at it a bit longer than necessary before he quickly turned around and stepped to his bed to make it.

Yoongi saw where Namjoon's gaze went, even if only for a second, so he looked at himself and noticed that his shirt slid up a bit while he was sleeping, showing a tiny bit of his pale skin. He pulled down his shirt, feeling that his cheeks started slightly burning .

"Uh, we couldn't have too much choice for breakfast... maybe I can make a sandwich or something..." Namjoon glanced at Yoongi shyly after he was done making his bed. Fortunately the latter pulled back his shirt, so there's no disturbing factors.

"I can make some scrambled eggs" Yoongi said after a few seconds of silence.

"That would be great! I'm not a good cook, y'know..." Namjoon scratched the back of his neck, feeling that his cheeks burned in embarrassment. When he saw Yoongi's puzzled expression, he sighed. "Well, let's say that the kitchen will be grateful if we avoid each other" he added.

"Are you that bad at cooking?" Yoongi seemed like he didn't believe it as he rose one of his eyebrows.

"Uh... if it's up to me I'd be living on cold sandwiches and takeouts" Namjoon admitted.

"It's okay, I cooked at home several times when my mother was too tired after work..." Yoongi smiled when he started speaking, but he trailed off; it made him to remember the last words what his dad had said to him, and his mother's tearful face. Yoongi lowered his head and started to nibble the sheets.
Namjoon fell silent as well, not knowing what was in Yoongi's mind, and he felt like it wouldn't be a good idea to ask about it. He assumed that the pale boy must've missed his parents, as he became said when he spoke about his mother.

Yoongi was glad that Namjoon didn't pushed the subject, he couldn't speak about his parents, his bad memories were too fresh, it only had happened last night. He wasn't even sure if he'd be capable of speak about it at all.
He grabbed his clothes and made his way to the bathroom. When he closed the door he brushed his teeth and washed his face before he changed, and a few minutes later he went back to the bedroom to drop his sleeping clothes.

Namjoon glanced at him when he stepped in, but he didn't say anything. Yoongi wasn't sure what he should say, so he headed to the kitchen, hearing that Namjoon followed him.

"Where can I find the eggs?" Yoongi asked as he started searching in the cabinets.

"At the fridge door" Namjoon replied from the table where he sat down.

Yoongi found them and grabbed a few, searching for a few other ingredients which he could use - like some veggies or a nice slice of ham -, but he couldn't find anything else. He internally noted for himself that they would need to do the grocery shopping when they'd have enough free time.

Namjoon watched Yoongi with a curious look, it surprised him how smoothly the pale boy moved around, it was obvious that he knew what he was doing.

"Uh, can you tell me how does a trainee's day go?" Yoongi asked while he poured the eggs to the hot pan.

"Well, you'll have to go to the boss first and sign your contract. If you have any questions to him, you can ask it then" Namjoon replied kindly.

"And what will I have to do in the remaining of the day?" Yoongi was glad that he showed his back to the other, he knew how stupid he sounded, but he really had no idea about this.

"Bang Pd-nim will tell you. But I guess that you'll do the same as me" Namjoon answered, wondering about that it was a bit funny that Yoongi accepted to become a trainee despite he knew nothing about it.

"Could... could you accompany me to the CEO?" Yoongi asked shyly. It caught the latter off guard, he just blinked a few times while Yoongi served their breakfast. When Yoongi was done, he sat down and looked at Namjoon, waiting for his answer.

"Uhm, yeah, sure. I think it's even better if I go with you. I'd like to know what's gonna happen next as there are just the two of us now" Namjoon said before he thanked the meal and started eating. They both stayed silent in the meantime, enjoying their meal.

"This was really good!" Namjoon chirped happily, he couldn't even remember when was the last time he ate such good food. He stood up and collected the dirty dishes, putting them into the sink.

"It's not a big deal, it's just a simple dish..." Yoongi said quietly, grateful that the latter showed his back, so he didn't see his red cheeks. He wasn't used to get compliments.

"Trust me, for me it was like I ate a meal at a restaurant" Namjoon glanced back above his shoulder, showing a smile to the other, then he turned back and started washing up.

"If you say so..." Yoongi mumbled under his nose as he went to their room.

While Namjoon was washing the dirty dishes, Yoongi came into his mind unintentionally, how he got embarrassed so easily. Somehow Namjoon thought he liked this side of the other. He shook his head a few seconds later as he realized what he was thinking again. Yoongi only moved in last night, they didn't even know each other... but somehow he felt like that maybe he wanted more than just a simple friendship...
Okay, Namjoon, you're out of your mind. He rinsed the last plate, and it broke in his hands. Although that shouldn't be a problem, but Namjoon grabbed the part where it broke, cutting his finger with it. He cursed under his nose and dropped the plate, which landed onto the floor, shattering into pieces.

Yoongi was just out of the bedroom - he only went in to grab his wallet and his phone before they head to the company - when he heard a bunch of curses and a crashing sound. He rushed to the kitchen, but he got frozen by the sight.

Namjoon was standing in front of the sink, surrounded by pieces of a plate. When Namjoon turned around, Yoongi's eyes got even wider as he noticed his hand.

"My goodness! What happened, Namjoon?" Yoongi asked after he got out from his shocked state.

"Not much, I'm just being myself" Namjoon replied as he turned back to the sink, putting his hand under the cold water. It was not the first time something like this happened to him. But Yoongi didn't know that, which was the reason why he was so surprised. Namjoon felt sorry for Yoongi, he had to get used to the fact that Namjoon was very clumsy.

"Where's the first aid kit?" Yoongi asked, but he didn't wait for the answer as he rushed to the bathroom. He opened the cabinet under the sink, grabbing the kit when he noticed it and went back to the kitchen.

"Looks like you found it" Namjoon said when he saw Yoongi walking towards him with the kit in his hands. While Yoongi was in the bathroom, he carefully made his way to the nearest chair and sat down. "It's not that bad, I only cut two fingers this time" he added, which only confused Yoongi more; because, what did that mean? Did something like this happen with Namjoon on a regular basis?

Yoongi searched for a broom and swept the pieces of the plate and throw it into the trash. When he was done he went back where Namjoon was sitting and crouched in front of him.

"Could you pulled out the shards?" Yoongi asked while he checked out Namjoon's fingers. Thankfully the bleeding stopped, and it didn't look as bad as he thought.

"The plate broke in my hands, and I grabbed the bad end of it" Namjoon started explaining. "I don't think there's any shards in the cuts as it broke into pieces after I dropped it."

"That's good... I guess" Yoongi said before he gave all of his attention to Namjoon's injury.

"Sorry, but I have to disinfect your wounds before I bandage them. It's gonna sting" Yoongi warned the other, he didn't want to hurt Namjoon, but it was necessary.

"Just let's get over with it" Namjoon said, he kind of got used to this feeling.

Yoongi carefully reached Namjoon's hand, trying to be as gentle as possible when he started disinfecting his wounds. He heard the other hissing at first, but later he took deep breaths and tolerated in silence while he finished the disinfection and bandaged his cuts.

"Sorry, but it's better to make sure your wounds wouldn't get infected" Yoongi said with an apologetic tone.

"It's okay. Thank you for your help" Namjoon said.

"How the hell have you managed to survive your daily life?" Yoongi asked with a smile, trying to ease the tension a bit and distract the latter from the pain.

"I don't know, but I'm sure I make my guardian angel's life way too hard" Namjoon replied, feeling that his own lips curled upwards when he noticed Yoongi smiling.

They stared at each other for a few moments, neither of them broke the silence which settled around them. Then Namjoon started feeling embarrassed, he cleared his throat before he spoke up.

"Yoongi..." Namjoon said quietly, blushing.

"Yes?" Yoongi asked, still staring at the latter.

"Would you... would you release my hand? We should go if we don't wanna be late" Namjoon glanced downwards, and Yoongi followed his gaze, realizing that he was still holding the other's hand.

", sorry" Yoongi felt that his cheeks started burning as he let go of Namjoon's hand and stood up. "I hope it doesn't hurt that much now" he added before he rushed out from the kitchen, leaving a baffled Namjoon there.

Yoongi only stopped at the front door, slipping into his shoes. His thoughts whirled in his head, making him feel dizzy. He just moved in, and he already made a fool of himself. He didn't want Namjoon to assume that he was gay or something... but the latter's hand was so soft, he didn't want to let it go...
Aish, Yoongi, stop this right now!

Meanwhile Namjoon leaned back on the chair, trying to process what just happened. He knew it was... something, but he couldn't point out what it was.
Taking a deep sigh he stood up and made his way to the bedroom, grabbing his phone and wallet before he headed to the front door. When he arrived, Yoongi was already wearing his shoes, his jacket in his hands. Namjoon slid into his shoes and grabbed his keys as he glanced at Yoongi, but the latter avoided eye contact, in fact, he didn't even look at his direction.

A deep sigh left Namjoon's lips; he wanted to say something, but he had no idea what he should say. So, he let Yoongi to leave him there as he opened the front door and stepped out from the apartment without looking back.

Well, Namjoon thought, you're a weird one, Min Yoongi...

 

Hello there!

As I promised, here's a new chapter! I wanted to post it earlier, but I was... lazy (sorry).
I hope I can update my other books soon. But my mind has other thoughts... it doesn't want to cooperate.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Love y'all! ♥

~samsaekgoyangi~