3 - The new member

Before We Got Famous {NamGi/SugaMon}

Yoongi woke up earlier than usual, his parents didn't wake up yet. While waiting, he wondered about the boy he met last night. He was taller, but looked at the same age as himself, maybe a year older. He wore his dreadlocks in a loose ponytail, it was an unusual hairstyle, but somehow it made him kind of attractive. Also, he was handsome with his almond shaped, brown eyes, his small nose,  his kind face, and even his smile was cute. Yoongi felt like the boy was honest with him, he would've sensed if he was lying. He could read people quite well, he had to learn it during school and as he started selling his songs on the streets.

The boy heard some noises from outside, it looked like his parents woke up. He took off from his bed and did his usual morning routine before he went to the kitchen.
His mother was making breakfast, and his dad was sitting at the table, already eating his portion of food.
"Good morning" Yoongi greeted his parents as he sat down.
"Morning, Yoongi! Your breakfast will be ready in a minute" his mother said, her voice let the boy know she was smiling.
"Morning, son" his father glanced at him above his plate for a moment before he continued eating.

When his mother put a plate in front of Yoongi onto the table and sat down between him and his father. Yoongi ate his food quickly and stood up, collecting the dirty dishes. He was nervous, and he didn't know how he should start the topic he wanted to discuss with his parents. His mother must've sense it as she spoke up first.
"Is something bothering you, dear? You can talk to us" she said, smiling at his son. Her question made his father to look at the boy with interest, he sent an encouraging smile towards him.
"Mom, dad, I'd like to tell you something" he started. "I met with a young man yesterday. He's working at an agency, and he asked me if I'd like to join to their company as a trainee" he rattled quickly with one breath. Both of his parents looked at him in surprise.
"Why do they want you to join?" his father asked in concern.
"Well, I'm honestly more interested about being a songwriter or a producer, but the boy only mentioned the trainee option..." Yoongi tried to explain it more detailed, but his father's chilling gaze made his mouth shut.
"My son won't be some kind of fool!" he almost shouted.
"Honey, please, let him finish" his mother said.
"So... the company would like to debut a hip-hop themed group, and they want me to join them" the boy tried to explain it in a different angle. "They don't want an idol group" he added quickly.

His father still looked at his son with doubt, pressing his mouth into a thin line.
"Have you got any idea what kind of company is this? How much this whole thing would cost? You know we couldn't finance this, we don't have enough money."
"I'll do part-time jobs, you don't have to pay any of my expenses" he tried to convince his dad.
"Yoongi, sweetheart, you know that's not that easy..." his mother started, worry could be seen on her face.
"Please, just let me try it at least! If it doesn't work out, I'll quit and I'll go to college-" Yoongi started pleading, locking his eyes with his mum. She sighed and turned towards his husband. They stared at each other for a few moments before they both looked at their son.
"We have to think through about this. We'll continue this conversation tonight, okay?" his dad asked him.
Yoongi only could nod and took his way back to his room.

He stayed there for the rest of the day, hovering above his almost fully written notebook, writing down some more lines that could maybe become a part of a new song in the future. He heard shreds of the conversation his parents had, but he didn't care about it that much. He didn't even go out in lunch time, didn't feeling hungry. The sky went darker as the night came, a knock on his door snapped him out from his thoughts.
"Yoongi, honey, at least come out to eat dinner, please as you skipped lunch" he heard his mother's voice through the door.

The boy quickly wrote the last line which was in his mind before he stood up and made his way to the kitchen. He helped making the table while his mother made the finishing touches with the food. After everything was set, they thanked the meal and started eating. But Yoongi was too nervous, he couldn't eat much, and tossed the remaining of his food on his plate.

Only a few minutes passed, and he felt like he couldn't handle it anymore as he opened his mouth.
"Mom, dad... what's your answer?"
His father put down his chopsticks and looked at him in the eyes.
"Look, son, you have to know first that this is a really hard decision for us, too" he started. Yoongi frowned. Why would it be a hard decision for them? It was all about himself, not about his parents. But he stayed quiet, waiting for his dad to continue.
"After a really long conversation, we decided that we don't let you join to this company."
"Why?" Yoongi asked angrily; it felt unfair that his parents didn't even let him try it at least, that they didn't want to give him a chance. This simple word was enough for his father to start losing is patience as his cheeks became red.
"Because I won't let you ruin your future for a stupid, meaningless whim!" the elder spat out, slamming the table with his hand in anger.
It made the boy flinch, he barely saw his dad this angry. He glanced at his mother, hoping that she had a different opinion. But here eyes shined sadly as she locked her eyes with his son.
"Darling, you have to understand that we only want the best for you." 
"Why can't you understand that this is the only thing I wanna do? This isn't a sudden whim, a... temptation which would disappear! A company wants me to be their trainee, for God's sake! They think I'm talented enough-" Yoongi tried to convince his parents, but his father interrupted him.
"Son, we're not stupid, and you know that well that this doesn't mean anything. Maybe they would fire you a few months later when they'd find someone they think is better than you" the elder said.

The boy's heart ached, his dad's words hurt him so much. His throat and chest tightened, and his sight became blurry because of his tears. He took a deep breath as he tried not to cry.
"I'm begging you, let me try at least... please. Give me one month!" he pleaded with a shaky voice.
"I'm sorry, Yoongi, but our answer is no" his mother said, close to crying as well.
"I'll find a job! Damn, I'd even undertake multiple part-time jobs if I need to-" the boy's father slammed the table again, his eyes were sparkling with pure wrath as he looked at his son.
"Enough! We said no! And as long as you're living under this roof, don't you dare to bring up this subject again!"

Yoongi himself didn't know why, but fury reigned over him; he had never felt anything like this before. His blood boiled with anger, rushing in his veins. He was sick of this bull, his parents had never supported him in anything, he always had to obey as they pleased.
"You know what? You don't have to worry about it anymore... I'm leaving."
The silence followed by  the boy's words were louder than anything. His parents stared at him in pure shock, it took a few moments before his mother snapped out of her trance.
"E-excuse me?" she stuttered.
"I'm tired of that I always had to do as you pleased in my entire life. I tried to be a good student in school. If I wanted something I had worked part-time jobs and bought it myself so I didn't have to ask you for money. But now, that there's only one thing I really want in my whole life, you don't let me to choose my path, to let me do what I wanna do. You can't support me.." Yoongi trailed of, his voice was shaking by the anger he felt.
"You wouldn't go anywhere in your life with this, don't you get it?!?" his father shouted, his veins could be seen at his throat.
"Why are you so sure about that? Why can't you just trust me at least a little bit?" the boy's voice became just as loud as his dad's.
"Yoongi-" his mother half-whispered, but the boy interrupted her.
"No! I don't care what are you trying to say!"
"Then pack up your stuff and get out of my house" the freezing tone of his father's voice sent shivers up on his spine.

Yoongi's mother turned her head and stared at her husband in shock, she was just as surprised as his son.
But Yoongi didn't have to hear those words again; he quickly rushed to his room and slammed the door behind him. He fished out a bag under from his bed and threw as much clothes into it as he could. He took another bag - a smaller one - and put his MIDI and his ty mic he used for recording into it, throwing some more stuff from his desk in the process. When he was finished in his room he stepped out and made his way to the bathroom and collected his belongings from there as well, throwing them into the bigger bag which was filled with his clothes.

The whole process took only a few minutes, and his parents were still in the kitchen when he started walking towards the front door, throwing one bag onto his shoulder, holding the smaller one in his hand. Her mother buried her face between his hands, she cried so hard her shoulders were shaking. The sight made Yoongi's heart clench in pain, he almost broke down right there, he even stopped for a second. But when he glanced at his father, he saw red, his anger boiled in his veins with an even stronger force, burying his sadness. He took advantage of that emotion, gathering enough strength to continue walking towards the front door. He slipped into his shoes and only put down his bag from his shoulder until he took on his jacket. He didn't bring his key with himself on purpose as he didn't want to come back here ever again. He grabbed the strap of the bag and threw it back onto his shoulder and opened the door, and closed it without saying a word.

At first he had no idea where he should go, and he ended up sitting on a swing at a playground. As he looked around, he spotted a basketball court with one rusty hoop. A sad smile crossed his face as the flashbacks came into his mind.

There was only one thing beside the piano that caught Yoongi's interest: basketball. The time he didn't felt like he was worth to touch that instrument, he found himself playing on the court. He was good, but he felt like there was something missing when he played, like he needed something else. And, maybe about two years ago he got interested in hip-hop music. He had listened plenty of musicians, from his country and foreign rappers as well - mostly while he'd been playing basketball with his buddies - and he liked what he'd heard. The melodies and the rhymes mesmerized him, they seemed so cool to the young boy... he wanted to be like them. He checked out the lyrics as well, what were they rapping about, he got more and more into it. Soon he found himself writing down his own ideas on the corner of his text books, or hovering above his own desk, wondering about lyrics and rhymes. The topic his lyrics were about didn't matter to him, whenever his muse found him he quickly jotted down them onto the first paper that got into his hands.

He got so into this whole thing that he wanted to do more than just writing lyrics, he wanted to try making the rhythms as well. He started getting part-time jobs to get some income. He slowly gathered enough savings, cent after cent for months, until one day he finally could buy the devices he needed to start recording and producing his own music. The boy didn't keep all of the finished songs he'd written, he tried to sell them here and there. Sometimes they paid, sometimes he got ripped off.

To be honest, he had no idea how he ended up performing at the underground scene. He had only a few people as an audience, but he'd so nervous like he had to perform in front of thousands. He couldn't recall how his performance went, he only remembered that he made a cover, not an original song. But still, somehow the few person who was there cheered for him, they liked his performance.
This was enough push for him to want to try it again, to sneak out in the evenings and perform his songs.

The loud sound of a car horn snapped Yoongi out from his memories, he slightly winced and looked around again, scanning his surroundings. A shiver shook his whole body, it was pretty cold in this late hour. He shoved his hands into the pockets of his jacket, and he found a small piece of paper in one of the pockets. He took it out from it, checking what was it.

It was the business card he got from the boy from last night. It seemed like it had happened such a long time ago. The boy was still surprised by the fact that an agency wanted him, that someone found him talented enough and wanted to give him an opportunity to become a part of a hip hop group.

He fished out his phone from his pocket with frozen fingers, wondering. He took a deep breath to gather up enough inner strength before he finally unlocked his phone and dialed the number. He started chewing his lips in his nervousness, praying internally for the unknown person to answer the call.
After a few rings - which felt like eternity - someone finally picked up the phone.
"Bang Si Hyuk, Big Hit Entertainment" the boy heard an older man's voice from the other side of the line.
"Good evening, Sir! My name is Min Yoongi. Yesterday I met with an employee from your company, and he told me that you'd like to hire me as a trainee" he said nervously, a bit relieved that he didn't stutter.
"Ah, yes, hello Yoongi-ssi! We're waiting for your call. And, what is your answer? Would you like to join us?" the elder's voice sounded calm as he spoke.
"Ye-yes, Sir, I'd love to" the boy blushed, why was he stuttering? he hoped that the latter wouldn't change his mind because of it.
"Great! Then, I could say that you're hired" the man said. "Please come to the building of our company tomorrow morning to get your contract. Later you can even move into the apartment where the other trainees are living."
"Uhm, about that, Sir... is there any possibility for me to move in tonight?" Yoongi asked worriedly.

There was a long pause at the other side of the line, the boy started wondering if maybe Bang Si Hyuk ended the call. He quickly checked it and realized that it wasn't the case.
"You don't have a place to sleep tonight, Yoongi-ssi?" the said boy noticed the concern in the elder's voice.
"N-no, Sir" he admitted, feeling how his cheeks were burning in his embarrassment. He heard a sigh from the other end of the call.
"We shouldn't let you move in before you signed your contract, but looking at the circumstances, I'll make an exception. I'd like you to go to the company please, you can find the address on the business card you have. I'm gonna call the receptionist to inform her about you. Your soon-to-be colleague will go for you to bring you to the apartment" a huge wave of relief washed through Yoongi; he didn't have to sleep on the streets!
"Thank you so much, Sir! Good night!"
"Good night, Yoongi-ssi!" the elder man said and ended the call.

Yoongi felt like he could cry. Partly because of sadness as the still fresh memory of the argument he just had with his parents came into his mind. But the other part of him was happy that he became a trainee at Big Hit Entertainment. And he wanted to focus on the positive thing, to look on forward, not backwards.
His life turned in an entirely new way. He didn't see where it would go, and he could only hope that the end he would stand as a member of a group with others beside him, with a microphone in his hand, a racing heart in his chest, and a smile on his face on the day of their debut.

 

 

Hello there!

Ah, it feels like an eternity since I uploaded the previous chapter.

It's only a thousand words longer than the last one, but I hope you liked it ^^

There's more than one part which is almost completely the same as the 4th chapter of the first version, as that was one of the best chapters I had. 

Anyway, thank you if you read this chapter.

I appreciate every vote and comment ^^

Love y'all! ♥

~samsaekgoyangi~