7 - The first steps

Before We Got Famous {NamGi/SugaMon}

Both Namjoon and Yoongi toed out from their shoes after they stepped into the apartment and looked around the place.

"Okay, we should gather up ourselves and start cleaning. We cannot welcome the new trainees with this mess." Yoongi said after he scanned the whole place thoroughly. Namjoon didn't have much time to clean the house properly after the other trainees moved in, it was obvious.

"I'll do the living room and the bedroom, but there's no ing way I make one step into the bathroom or the kitchen." Namjoon said. There were too many things he could break in those two rooms, and he wanted to avoid the chance. Breaking the plate in the morning was more than enough, he didn't want to end up with making the same mistake... again...

"Fine, I'm gonna do the kitchen and the bathroom then." Yoongi agreed.

 

The whole morning, and even almost half of the afternoon passed by until they finished with everything. Both of them hopped down onto the couch, feeling exhausted.

"Sometimes men can be so disgusting. I almost used a whole tube of disinfectant to clean the kitchen counter properly." Yoongi said.

"A remnant of a lost sandwich almost attacked me under the couch." Namjoon noted.

"Jesus, ew! You won this round." Yoongi said with a soft laugh. Namjoon remembered how he already felt flustered when he saw the latter's smile, but his laugh... it sent shivers through his body... in a strangely good way.

Namjoon, he thought, get yourself a girlfriend or something... a guy's laugh cannot make you blush like a teenage girl!

He had no idea about his future self, how much he'd love to hear Yoongi's laugh.

"As we cleaned the whole place, shouldn't we eat something?" He asked Yoongi as he realized he was hungry.

"Should I cook something or order instead?"

"What about pizza? The whole cleaning would be a waste of time if we'd make a mess again with cooking" Namjoon reasoned. Knowing his cooking skills, his reason wasn't an exaggeration.

"I'm in! I cannot even remember the last time I ate pizza..." Yoongi said with a smile.

"I'll be right back with the menu." Namjoon stood up from the couch; his cheeks were burning again after he saw the latter's cute smile. He took the flyer he kept and made his way back to the couch, giving the small paper to him.

"Thanks!" Yoongi started reading the menu right away.

"I ordered from them more than once, they never disappointed me." Namjoon added after a few seconds of silence.

"Should we order a big-size pizza or two smaller ones?"

"Hmm... a big-sized one. It's cheaper, and we can put away the leftover for later."

"What kind of topping do you want?"

"Surprise me!" Namjoon smiled at him; and he could swear he saw a slight shade of pink on Yoongi's cheeks. Namjoon thought it was cute, but a few seconds later he internally warned himself to stop thinking like this.

"Uhm... okay. Is there anything you don't like?" Yoongi asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No seafood toppings, please. Anything else but seafood." Namjoon wasn't a fan of shrimps and all kinds of creatures coming from the sea. At least not as food.

Namjoon stood up from the couch and made his way to the kitchen to check out if there was any kind of drink. Thankfully he found a flask of coke in the fridge, he took it out, then he grabbed two glasses from the counter before he went back to the living room. He put down the coke and the glasses to the table and sat back down next to Yoongi.

"They said the food will be here for about twenty minutes." Yoongi informed him.

"Cool. What toppings did you choose?" Namjoon asked curiously.

"Surprise~" The latter replied in a teasing tone, a mischievous smile crossed his face. It caught Namjoon completely off guard; it was different what he saw earlier, it was unique, showing his gums with his teeth, and Namjoon felt that warmness bloomed inside of him by the sight.

"Okay then." Namjoon said, internally thanking to whoever was above that he didn't stutter. "What would you like to do while waiting?"

"Hmm..." Yoongi tapped his chin like he was deeply thinking. "Let's see... would you like to tell me something about yourself?"

"Like what?" Namjoon asked with a raised eyebrow.

"When and how did you know that this is what you want to do?" Yoongi asked after a few seconds.

"In my teenage years. I listened to hip-hop music a lot, and I soon found myself writing my own lyrics." Namjoon started, a smile crossed his face as he remembered his earlier teenage years. "My classmates found out what I was doing, and they encouraged me to go on a radio show." He continued and noticed how the latter got surprised.

"What radio show?" Yoongi asked curiously.

"Have you heard of Jungle Radio?" Namjoon asked him back.

"They convinced you to go to Jungle Radio?" Yoongi asked with wide-opened eyes. He heard of it, but he never dared to try and go there.

"Yes, they did." The latter nodded. He still couldn't believe how his friends had convinced him back then, and how bold he'd been to actually go there.

"How was it?" He wanted to know how it turned out.

"I was nervous as hell, not gonna lie." Namjoon started. "But I had enough presence to do it, and thankfully it went well."

"What was the response?"

"I don't know how, but they actually liked it. A few days later they invited me again, and I became a regular guest." Namjoon replied, a smile appeared on his face at the memories.

"Wow!" Yoongi half-whispered, he was amazed. He thought Namjoon was brave that he tried it, and he couldn't wait to hear him rap after this information. He had to be good if he was welcomed at Jungle Radio. But... if he was well known at the underground scene, how had he ended up at an agency?

"What's in your mind?" Namjoon's question pulled him out of his thoughts. He looked at him, hoping he's not blushing.

"Uh, I was just started wondering about how did you become a trainee at BigHit after all of this." Yoongi admitted.

"Well, it's a bittersweet story..." Namjoon said with a sad smile. It was still hard to bring back this memory.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Yoongi didn't want to force anything on the latter, he was not that kind of person.

"No, it's okay." Namjoon reassured him. "In 2009 I wanted to join the Bid Deal Squad. The first round of the audition went well, but I failed at the second one. After that, I performed less and less, and as my parents mocked me I started focusing on my studies. My dream to become a performer started to fade, I almost gave up." Yoongi noticed the sadness in Namjoon's eyes, what had happened still had its effect on him. He had to hold back himself to not hug Namjoon right there.

"What made you not give up?" Yoongi asked.

"Back then, at the audition, another performer asked for my contacts. Almost a year passed when he - out of nowhere - called me, asking me if I still wanted to be a rapper." Namjoon replied. He still had no idea what had Sleepy seen in him that he recommended him to the CEO of an agency. "He said if my answer is yes, I should go and meet with a guy named Bang Si Hyuk."

Yoongi stayed silent, the rest of the story was obvious. Namjoon met with their boss and became a trainee. And although there was still something he wanted to ask, he was too afraid to do it.

It didn't go unnoticed by Namjoon, though, he saw how Yoongi was deep in his thoughts, how he was biting his lips, looking like there was still something he wanted to know.

"Yoongi?" The said boy looked at him with a surprised expression. "I see there's something still bothering you."

"What..." Yoongi took a deep breath, "what did your parents say to all of this?"

"I wouldn't say they were happy about it, and we made an agreement so to speak, but in the end, they accepted it." Namjoon answered him with a small smile.

"Agreement? What do you mean by that?"

"I have to have good grades in school, just like how it was before I was a trainee. Thankfully my school accepted my request to be a private student, so I only have to go once or twice a month. It's really hard, but I want to prove to them how much I want this, so I'm okay with it."

"So... they don't hate you or anything like that?" Yoongi asked in a hushed tone.

"No, they don't hate me. Yes, they make a few comments about that they wish they'd have a child who goes to college whenever I visit them. But I know they just want good for me, so I never start arguing with them."

"At least they accepted your decision even if they aren't happy about it" Yoongi mumbled as he looked at his hands in his lap. Namjoon barely heard him, and this little remark made him frown. It seemed like his parents didn't receive his decision well. Although Namjoon wanted to know more about this, and he hoped his guess was wrong, but he didn't want to ask him about it yet.

"Yoongi?" Namjoon spoke up after both of them finished their slices.

"Hm?" Yoongi glanced up at him, his eyes were filled with sadness. The sight made Namjoon's heart ache, he felt the urge to hug the other, but he hushed away that thought.

"Look, I don't wanna be obtrusive, so I won't start bombarding you with questions, okay?"

Yoongi stared at him for a few moments with wide-opened eyes before he turned his gaze back to his hands in his lap, chewing on his lips.

"Please don't be mad at me" Yoongi whispered after a short while.

"Why the hell would I be mad at you?" Namjoon looked at him with a frown, he had no idea why the latter apologized.

"Because... because it'd be too hard for me to talk about myself just yet."

Namjoon lowered his head, a sigh left his lips. He couldn't believe what he just heard.

"You don't have to apologize. If you feel like you're not ready to talk about yourself, then I'm fine with it. I can wait." Namjoon said with an encouraging smile, letting the latter know that he truly meant what he said. Namjoon hoped that someday he's going to know more about Yoongi's past. As they looked at each other, Namjoon noticed how the other's eyes sparkled, tears welled up in them.

"Thank you!" Yoongi whispered.

"Nah, no problem. But we should eat before it gets cold."

As they didn't have anything more to say about this topic, they continued eating in silence. After they finished, they leaned back on the couch.

"Ugh, I can't move." Namjoon said, gently patting his stomach.

"Me neither."

Namjoon glanced at Yoongi; he closed his eyes so he had the chance to take a look at his face. His cat-shaped eyes, his button nose, his thin lips. After a few minutes Namjoon realized that Yoongi fell asleep; probably the cleaning took his energy. 
While Namjoon was listening to the latter's even snuffing, he started wondering. What had happened to Yoongi that he didn't want to talk about? It was already odd enough that he'd moved in in the middle of the night with puffed cheeks, so he probably had cried during that day. Whatever he'd gone through, Namjoon wanted to know it.
But, for now, he had to wake him up, he couldn't let him sleep on the sofa. He gently shook Yoongi's shoulder.

"Yoongi, wake up!" The said boy growled as he turned his head to the side, but he didn't move further. Namjoon let out a sigh and tried it again.

"You can't sleep on the couch. Wake up, please."

"Gimme five more minutes."

"You got ten already. Come on dude, get up!"

"Like you're gonna tell me what to do! Who the hell are you, my mother?" Yoongi said with an annoyed tone. His rude behavior caught Namjoon off guard.

"No, I just didn't want you to wake up with a hurting neck. You've got a bed, there'd be much more comfortable." Namjoon tried to reason.

"Ugh, fine, I'll be there in two minutes." Yoongi mumbled under his nose, and a few moments later he fell asleep again.

"Aish, I give up! Do whatever you want." Namjoon said as he stood up. He grabbed the glasses and walked to the kitchen. After he did the washing up he threw the empty pizza box into the trash.

As Namjoon glanced at Yoongi, he made an inner note to note wake up the latter if he didn't have to. He didn't like it one bit, obviously. Annoyed Yoongi was scary.
Namjoon made his way to their bedroom and grabbed his clothes, then he went to the bathroom to take a shower and brush his teeth. After dressing up, he wanted to go back to the bedroom, but he noticed that Yoongi was still sleeping on the couch; he curled up his legs to his chest, resting one of his arms between them.
Namjoon didn't want to wake him up, so he slid one of his arms under Yoongi's knees as careful as he could, moving his other to his back, lifting him up in bride-style.

He noticed how light the other was, and he didn't like it one bit. Namjoon carefully laid Yoongi onto his own bed at first, then he turned to the other side and took off his stuff from his mattress and spent out the blanket. Then he turned back to Yoongi and gently took him into his arms again, laying him onto his bed, carefully covering him with the blanket.
Namjoon stretched, a satisfied sigh left his lips as he felt his bone cracking. Then, after one last look towards Yoongi, he went to his own bed, sliding under the sheets, and a few minutes later he fell asleep.

 

*Carefully looks around* Uh, hi?

It's been too long, gosh. I feel so bad :((
I want to publish the new chapters more frequently ;-;

A huge thank you to everyone who still cares about my books 

But, truly,

I love y'all! ♥♥

~samsaekgoyangi~