Waste It On Me (I)

Waste It On Me

I got up early that day to have my hair dyed in light pink. Comeback is just around the corner and everyone was busy going their turns in recording tracks. Eunha and Yuju were the first ones to be called to record at the office. Sowon has her daily appearance in Pretty U while Umji was always out to work-out.

 

Being the only one in the dorm, I decided to go out and have my hair dyed. Thank goodness our management was somewhat lax on these kind of activities. I remembered when we’re on our first three years, everything we do would always be decided by the staff and management. That was so freaking frustrating, if you’d ask me.

 

I was on my way outside the door when I suddenly hear someone humming in the kitchen. Am I not alone the whole freaking time?! I’m not afraid ghosts, I’m the least one to get afraid of almost anything in Gfriend!

 

I went to take a peek at the kitchen, ready to smash someone who isn’t part of the dorm. Then I stopped. I totally forgot Yerin was not on schedule to go to office today. I saw her in front of the opened fridge, clearly looking for something sweet. I swear, that unnie was way too fond of sweets.

 

“I saw your post yesterday and I think I just fallen more for you!” I heard her exclaimed.

 

Who could she be talking to?

 

I tried not to eavesdrop but a name caught my attention.

 

“You’re really going to treat me dinner? Wow Joy, you’re really stepping it up do you?” Yerin chuckled while getting herself a carton of banana milk. “I don’t mind! I like it when you’re super sweet than Solbin. Of course, I’ll go!”

 

I nearly choked on my saliva. What the hell Jung Yerin?!

 

I bit my lip in disgust. She’s such a flirt. A freaking flirt.

 

My mood suddenly dropped and I was more determined to storm out of the dorm and get my hair freaking dyed pink. No, I think I’ll dye it outrageously blue! I went out of the dorm, not minding if the door slammed behind me. Whatever. She wouldn’t her it anyway.

 

You say love is messed up

You say that it don't work

You don't wanna try, no, no

 

“Wow Sinb! You looked great in pink hair!” Umji cheered when I got back from the salon. Okay. Even though I’m super mad, my heart just can’t take getting blue dye. Yet. I planned having that color when I decide to cut my hair, which is not the season to do so. You see, I have a calendar for all my hairstyles. Just freaking deal with it.

 

I saw them all at the living room eating ice cream. Really, eating ice cream in a cold weather? I really have trouble figuring out their stomachs.

 

I smiled at Umji and Sowon started making fun of my hair.

 

“What kind of color is that? It seems boredom has really struck you so bad it got to your head.” Sowon jeered.

 

Sometimes... I really want to wrestle that thin-legged woman!

 

“It’s pink, as if Umji hasn’t told you that,” I snapped back and went to grab her share of the ice cream.

 

“Yah you brat!” Sowon shouted and motioned to slap me in the . Luckily for me, I already got a spoonful and ran a distance away from her. She moves slow, you see.

 

Eunha chuckled and so did Yuju while eating their ice cream while I decided to take refuge in Umji’s back. Sowon kept yelling my name and we’re on it for a good while until she gave up taking her cup from and just stormed in the kitchen.

 

Whew! I could finally take a rest and enjoy the ice cream.

 

“I’ll be there at nine, don’t worry.” Yerin assured someone on the line.

 

I looked at her, intrigued at who she was with the phone and signalled Eunha if she knows who. Eunha just shrugged and went to partake in the most intellectual conversation we had that night. She seemed a bit more interested in dying her brows blue than her hair.

 

I tried to ignore Yerin as much as possible because it will only frustrate and disgust me. But I just couldn’t keep myself on checking her out. I want to know who she was talking to in her phone.

 

“Okay Solbin! I love you too!” Yerin said excitedly before she hang up.

 

I bit my lip after that and tried not to look at her and focused on hugging Umji. I noticed Sowon gave Yerin the look. Want to know what that look was like?

 

When Sowon gives you the look, her eyes will get large like those in anime and one of her brows will raise high up her forehead. And that doesn’t look pretty. I mean, it’s waaaaayyyy too scary. How could a person look monstrous in a single look?

 

Yerin just smiled her cute smile and leans over Yuju who was just in front of me.

 

“Yah, tell us,” Sowon said seriously. “You’ve been on the phone for two hours already. Spill the beans girl.”

 

What.

 

Two hours?

 

I looked at her, trying not to look very judgemental. She grins like an idiot (a cute idiot, by the way) and pulls Eunha for a hug with Yuju as support.

 

“Solbin’s going to treat me on Saturday since I was to cheery for her group’s comeback. That’s all.”

 

“And you said I love you too?” Sowon intriguingly asked.

 

“Yeah, what’s wrong with that? Girls say I love you sometimes.” Yerin said as a matter-of-fact. “And she’s super sweet. What’s not to like?”

 

Sowon cleared . “Okay, I’m just clarifying things since you’re always gaga on girls.”

 

“I’m not gaga over girls,” Yerin defended as she presses her lips on Eunha’s forehead. “But we needed that. Like practice. We can’t just go over to the stage and perform and not do anything. People want more from their idols even if their idols are not comfortable about certain things. Besides, we can’t have skinship other than our own in the industry, if you don’t want rumors spreading about you.”

 

Everyone stayed silent for awhile. All I could hear in the room was my heart beating faintly until Sowon broke the ice.

 

“I know,” Sowon answered. “But just in case, you can still have a life of your own. Go have a relationship with someone you like so you can ‘practice’ skinship if you like. Or... for a low maintenance pratice, you can just flirt with us. But not me, okay? I don’t like you pressing your cheek against mine!”

 

Everyone laughed at her comment.

 

Yerin laughed too. And it was way too good for my heart that I had to look somewhere else. I suddenly felt a pang of pain in my chest. The kind of pain that someone slashes you with a knife? Yeah, that’s the feeling.

 

“Guess I’ll choose practicing with you and Solbin and Joy,” She cheekily said. “I don’t want to seriously invest myself in a relationship.”

 

“Why unnie?” I suddenly asked. Oh fudge. My mouth just went out to blabber! Geez.

 

Yerin looked at me for the first time in the night and beamed her oh-swear-to-god-cute-smile. “It’s messy and don’t always work out for the better. So I better not try engaging into one. Besides, I got you girls! Imagine the love I’m pouring over you and buddies!” She said while being quirky.

Umji laughed at her while Yuju and Sowon pretended to be disgusted. Eunha jammed with Yerin and gave us flying kisses which, of course earned some slaps from Sowon.

 

I hugged Umji tightly that night, faking a laugh that I couldn’t hear. All I heard that night was the sound of her voice, melting along with her laugh and the sound of my heart slowly dying out.