"Crime" Scene: The Theaters.

My Bandmate's Sister's Boyfriend

[Jungmin's POV]

"Oh? Cherry-ah? What are you doing here?" I asked my best friend who came by my house all of a sudden. "Shouldn't you be resting? I mean, it's a Saturday. And you need lots of energy for tomorrow. SME training time!" I squealed. The sound of it makes my heart jump. Just thinking of debuting one day as a girl group member.. it's just heaven.

"Well, yeah. But could you please help me with something?" She asked.

"What is it?"

"Kibum oppa and I kind of set Jonghyun oppa and Chaeyoung up." She beamed.

"You what??" I asked incredulously. "Since when did Jonghyun-ssi start liking Chaeyoung??"

"No! Not yet! I think they suit each other, so we became their Cupids. Hehe. So.. could you help me later at the mall? Kibum oppa will be with us in a while, then." Cherry explained.

"Oh. Okay, sure. I'll go with you." She's my best friend. What do you expect? Heh.

"Really?? Thanks!!!" Then she gave me a big hug. I hugged her back.

"Well, I better get ready. Give me.. 20 minutes?"

"Okay, okay. I'll just wait for you here." She sat down at the couch.

I nodded and immediately ran upstairs. If you're asking why I immediately accepted Cherry's request, I thought of his brother, too. I kind of hoped that I'll be able to see him or what. Ugh, I'm going crazy. I kind of miss him. And that incident in the past week? Yeah, his words still echoed inside my head.

"I like Jungmin."

Those words definitely sent butterflies in my stomach. Oh, stop it, Jungmin.


[Cherry's POV]

This is gon' be good~ Haha. I've been planning this event for days now, and I always meet Kibum oppa. We came up with this idea because a horror movie will definitely be exciting for couples. Well, you know what I mean, right? Keke.

"Okay, I'm done!" Jungmin suddenly came out of her room in a pastel colored outfit and her hair tied up in a loose bun.

"Wow, you look pretty." I smiled at her.

"Thanks, Cherry-ah." She smiled back. "So, let's go?"

"Sure." Then we went out.

The mall is just a bus ride away. It's not so far for Chaeyoung and the SHINee dorm as well. It's nearly 11AM, and Chaeyoung's gonna be there soon. And so is Kibum oppa and Jonghyun oppa.

"Okay, we're here. Now, we just have to wait for Chaeyoung to show up." I said. Jungmin just nodded. We sat down on a table for four in a fastfood resto outside of the mall near the front entrance. Suddenly, someone tapped me on my shoulder.

"Ya! You surprised me!" I almost fell back as I turned around and saw Jinki oppa. "What are you doing here?"

"I bought some chicken. Why? And what are you doing here--" His eyes shifted on Jungmin. "A-annyeong.."

"A-annyeong." Jungmin bowed. Jinki oppa bowed as well.

"We're trying to.. ugh.. spy on someone? I don't know." I couldn't find words to explain what we're doing right now.

"Who?" Jinki oppa raised an eyebrow.

"Just keep quiet and sit down." I pulled him to a seat beside Jungmin. I saw her stiffen and I let out a chuckle. Then, I saw Chaeyoung arriving.  "There she is!"

"You're spying on Chaeyoung?" Jinki oppa asked me incredulously.

"You'll understand later on." I replied. "But where's Kibum oppa?"

"Why? Is he coming, too?" My interrogating brother asked again.

"Just sit back and watch, oppa!"

He shut his mouth and just slumped down on his chair. I swear he would steal glances from Jungmin every now and then. Hah, these lovebirds. Then, Kibum and Jonghyun oppadeul finally arrived.


[Jonghyun's POV]

"Okay, I just need to go to the bathroom. Wait for me here, okay?" Key said immediately and ran away from me. Yes, like.. literally. Ugh, why did I even agree to this?? He left me in the front entrance all alone. Geez.

I tapped my foot on the floor impatiently. It's been 10 minutes! Why is he taking so long? He looks fine, for crying out loud. Where'd he go? Ugh.

"..Where is she? Gosh. She's late.." I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around and saw her. I saw her.

"Chaeyoung-ah?"

She looked up and her beautiful eyes widened.

"J-J-Jonghyun-ssi??" She almost fell back.

"Annyeong. What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I-I-I was w-waiting f-for Ch-Cherry.." She stuttered. I could see her hands slightly shaking.

"Oh. Well, where is she now?"

"I don't know. She isn't replying to any of my messages.." Then she stopped and blinked rapidly, realizing how comfortable she is talking to me. "H-How about you, J-Jonghyun-ssi?"

"I'm waiting for Key who is still in the bathroom, I guess." I replied. "What are you going to do here, anyway?"

"I unfortunately agreed to watching a movie with Cherry. She called me earlier and--" She stopped, turning red at the sight of me staring at her. She looked down. How cute.

"And?"

"A-a-a-and I agreed.." She replied, still looking down.

"Really? What movie?" I asked.

"Shutter Island?" She shrugged.

"That's great! Key and I are about to watch it, too. If only he wasn't--"

*Beep, beep!*

My phone beeped, which means I received a message. I opened my phone and saw the sender. It's Key.

"Hyung! Having the time of your life chatting with Chaeyoung? Keke. Go ask her to come with you! You can thank me later. I left the tickets in your right pocket. Annyeong~"

My eyes widened. So all this is a set-up?! And Chaeyoung.. was set-up as well?!? Those lovebirds.. I should have known! There's no way Key-goon would watch a horror movie. Gah, why am I so stupid?

"Uh.. Chaeyoung-ah.." I approached her.

"Hm?"

"I... I don't.. think.." Kim Jonghyun, what are you doing? Are you going to ask her? You're falling for Key's traps! But.. Chaeyoung.. No, I have to do it.

"Ne, Jonghyun-ssi?"

"I-I don't think.. Cherry's going to m-make it..." I finally said.

"W-what do you mean? Sh-she.. ditched me??" Anger filled her warm, brown eyes.

"Y-y-yes?"

"That girl! Ugh, I shouldn't have agreed! I knew it!" She said angrily.

"But you can go with me instead." I suddenly blurted out. Sometimes I hate myself for being so careless with my words. She looked at me, puzzled.

"I-I thought you're.. with Key-ssi?"

"He.. uh.. said he couldn't make it either." I replied. Okay, I'm determined to ask her now. So much for trying to argue with myself, I should ask her. She just stared at me for a while, still trying to comprehend what I just said. "Chaeyoung-ah.."

"Will you go to the movies with me?"

She stood there, stunned. She blinked rapidly again, and she slowly turned pink. She looked down, and she finally nodded. I felt my heart jump, and I smiled. Wait.. what's so great about this? I'm just rtying to ask someone to go with me instead. What's with me???

"I have two tickets here.. so yeah. Unfortunately, the tickets are just for Shutter Island. Is it.. okay with you?" I asked, hoping to get a 'yes'.


[Chaeyoung's POV]

Okay? Kim Jonghyun is asking me if it's okay??? Of course it is! Who wouldn't want a date with Kim Jonghyun?!? Wait.. This isn't a date or anything.. But still! If he'd know how much of a fangirl I am, he'll go crazy. Yeap, totally crazy.

"Y-yes.." I replied. I looked up and his face brightened up.

"So, shall we go?" He offered his arm. Gosh, I can't believe I'm going to link my arms with Kim Jonghyun! Eomma, are you seeing this? I told you I'm going to meet him someday! I told you!!!


[Key's POV]

We watched as Chaeyoung held onto Jonghyun hyung's arm. Cherry and Jungmin giggled happily, while me and Onew hyung just smiled at the thought.

"Nice working with all of you." I offered a handshake. Cherry happily shook my hand. Her hands still.. felt soft.. and warm.. Ugh, Kim Kibum stop it. I let it go immediately. "So, what now?"

"Oppa, help me go to Etude House. I need to buy something.." She exaggerated her voice. I knew she planning to do something.

"What are you up to?" I whispered to her.

"Just go with the flow. I'll tell you later." She replied.

"Arasseo, Cherry-ah. Kaja!" I held her hand again and pulled her away. I looked back and saw Jungmin and Onew hyung's puzzled expressions. Ah, now I get it.

"We're partners in crime, right?" Cherry smirked as we walked away.

"Of course, we are." She gripped my hand tighter and smiled.

If only she knew how wildly my heart beats right now. If only she knew..


A/N: Jjang! An update! Mianhae, it's been so long. But your wishes are coming true! Jonghyun and Chaeyoung are finally going out. Well.. even if it's just a setup. Keke. Thank you for supporting this fanfic all the way! I love you all <3