Maybe it's not so bad

catfishing gone wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A heavy silence settled over the two friends as they sat opposite each other. There was an unspoken tension going on between and Seungwan couldn't quite place her hand where she should start with Yeri. She made a quiet grave mistake in her end. She should've never meddled, that's one thing. But there's rather a different issue that needs to be settled later on, obviously this is not the time to express her sentiments about it. If Yeri wants to speak on about her worries and troubles within herself then Seungwan has to be patient with her until she opens up on her own. 

Seungwan settled her eyes outside, the tranquility in seeing the skies outside calmed the uneasiness forming with her sudden discoveries. Not able to take the straining tension anymore, the younger's head snapped in her direction. There was something about the sharpness residing in her eyes that made a slice on any coherent thoughts forming in Seungwan's head. 

Yeri shifted uncomfortably on her seat as she mutters silently, "That's very unfair of you. You know that, do you? " The grasp the younger had on the arm chair tightening as she lifts her head to glare at the older woman before her. 

This time it was Seungwan who had to fight the urge to shift her seat somewhere else, to avoid Yeri and her hard cold stare directed at her. The longer Yeri glared at her the sweatier and guiltier she got. Her eyes unceremoniously glancing around to look anywhere but her. But the unknowing courage forced her to speak up. 

"It's not my place, really. I made you uncomfortable and it's something I should apologize for. You don't have to tell me anything, it's your choice and not mine to make from the start..." Seungwan lays off her thoughts softly, allowing every word to work its way out of on their own, "... but if you ever need someone to hear you out about things you find hard to talk to about anyone, then my is in lifetime debt."

And just like that, the younger's seemingly unyielding glare lightened, her fingers gripping on the arm chair loosening and now settling on her lap. Yeri must be pondering on her words by now but Seungwan didn't want to rush her decision so she stood from her seat to pat the younger's head lightly with a soft smile. 

"No rushing, Yerimie." 

 

It was a nightmare if Seungwan's to be asked and it's only what? A freaking Thursday afternoon and time just likes to make fun of her boredom considering it seems to slow down its pace when she's doing nothing. She badly wanted to leave the house but what's there for her to do outside anyway? Name every festivities in the city and Seungwan can guarantee she's done them all beforehand. 

A sigh rooted from frustration escaped her lips for the nth time today as she lazily placed her cheek on the counter top and let her breath blur the shiny granite. 

Her breathing exercise made itself loud and clear that Yeri was forced to look at her from the other side of the room, still on her phone. "You're hopeless, unnie." She can feel her frown on her.

Seungwan thinks she's right though. 

"And useless and bored. The list goes on." Seungwan continued, muttering what's next on her list incoherently not at all caring at the mere fact Yeri wasn't even listening to her talk anymore. 

If Seungwan was in nightmare, Yeri, her friend, on the other hand was in pure bliss. Living life to the fullest like she had never done before or so she thinks, of course. Merely floating, going with the flow where her feet will take her along the corners of Seungwan's apartment. Whether it was the sofa, Seungwan's bed or the floor.

As odd as it sounds, the younger was in no doubt living her best under these circumstances. Though, the younger sounds mad, like someone who has a loose screw in the brain.

Yeri was genuinely happy. 

There was something blinding about the whole situation Yeri was in. The purpose of the so called "game" on her part was starting to lose its essence as days went by. It was starting to dug her on a deeper hole that was once shallow. 

 

Kim Saeron. 20. Lives in Seoul. 

 

That's how it all began, her profile appearing somewhere and that smile, that pretty smile, made Yeri's lips tug into a smile her own. The urge to just leave it alone, and dismiss the whole possibility of being friends with the stranger was too difficult to let go. However, Yeri, the social butterfly found herself unaware of why she was too nervous to strike a conversation, a part of her didn't want to look weird and perhaps a bit... gay? 

Perfectly aware of it, Yeri knew she was over reacting and was also somehow starting to overlook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter