Partners in crime

catfishing gone wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Life was indeed full of turns and unpredictable surprises that people are compelled to change and adapt along these conditions. 
Seungwan would've scolded the younger assuming she didn't think of doing the same thing after hearing Yeri's little adventures. There's no point in denying that she wasn't at least thrilled of the whole set up and Yeri seemed to be engrossed with her fake identity that the older can't help but to let go of the real issues for the the mean time. Not that she'll be settling any of it, any time soon.    Seungwan had her own moral values, not far too questionable nor impeccable. She was normal herself, who made mistakes and learned from it. So, if she was to get involved in the same fraud, Seungwan knew perfectly well that it was wrong and will probably cause her sometime in the future, but, there was no stopping her not when she has Yeri as an accomplice.    Besides, Yeri was right to some extent. There was literally no harm if she doesn't get caught at all. And this, right here, was a temporary solution to her problem.   Seungwan was bored and got nothing else to do before the start of sem. What's there to ease the dullness of her daily routines except, maybe, if she can make a random stranger fall in love with her charms?    "There all done! " Yeri exclaimed, far too excited for someone who's helping a friend to commit the same crime.   "Well.. okay... so... I'm Yoo Seungkwan? Hey! Isn't that a bit obvious?" Seungwan inquired, her brows furrowed thoughtfully.    Yeri grinned in triumph. "Glad that you aren't that dumb to let it pass."    Seungwan frowned in response as she watched her friend typed something else. "Do you take me for someone who's stupid like that?"    Yeri nodded and chuckled, "For someone who excels academically, you're certainly dumb in a lot of certain aspects. Plus, I was just testing you, unnie... I can't be with you all the time! The least thing I can do is train you so you won't get caught in the near future."   Seungwan gawked at her friend before studying her new profile. "You make it sound so illegal."    "That's because it is."   So, she's going to be Yeon Junyeong, a 22 year-old student major in finance who's currently studying in Canada. That seems obvious too since she really did study for seven years in Toronto but knowing how brilliant Seungwan was, Yeri knew she can use this to her advantage. The older knew the city like the back of her hand and it was unlikely that she'll get busted over some similarities as little as that.   There are tons of students here in South Korea like SeunSeungwan came from Canada.   "Wow, Yerim-ah! Where did you get all those friends and likers?" Seungwan asked with wide eyes as she watched intently while Yeri twitched something on her laptop and handful of apps she had never seen before.    Yeri smirked mischievously in acknowledgement.    "Now would you look at that... I imported statuses time to time since two years ago, in this case, no one would even doubt your existence." Yeri said proudly, like a total fraud. "You can upload videos of you playing the guitar and piano, however make sure you crop your face out of it and that your body won't be visible as well." Yeri continued to remind, the whole thing must be getting to her head if she was this serious already.    "Why would I?" Seungwan asked warily, quite displeased at the personal thing she was being asked to share in this fake account. She had never shared any of her covers in her own account, so why?    The younger rolled her eyes, slapping her forehead in exaggerated manner.    "What?"    "That's how you make yourself known, dumbo! Don't tell me you plan to continue your boring life there as someone who would post something like 'reasons why studying is beneficial in our brain' posts? This whole persona is you, with a different face but still you." Yeri said. "The things you can't say or do in real life, you do it here. A form of escape and I know just well you need one.“ She added on a lighter tone.    Seungwan nodded in understanding and slight approval, forming a small circle in astonishment. She had never heard her sound so mature and so deceitful at the same time.   Yeri's mind was truly amazing in a very odd way.   "Fraud has become your language, Yerimie. Imagine if Joy found out about this."     
Seungwan was hesitant at first but then she quickly got the hang of it. Apparently, after she chose the right person in her circle of friends, people came to her willingly, like a flock of birds. It was dumb of her to think it was even complicated to adjust when you're using a face of a Greek God.    "I, thank you, Kim Junmyeon, for the visuals." Seungwan muttered a silent prayer for his friend, who was completely unaware of the fact his picture was being used already somewhere for trivial purposes.    Seungwan, then, finally uploaded several videos of her strumming the guitar, after some time of contemplating, concluding there's no harm at all. Sh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter