007; no title

TCR: MoLaCoS
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Everyone," Chief Inspector Hastings, called for the unit's attention as she motioned to Yuta beside her, "please let me introduce our new transfer from the East Aksao Police Station."

Angie signaled for Yuta to introduce himself. Yuta lifted a hand in an attempt to wave in a friendly manner while glancing at his new colleagues.

"Um, hello. My name is Yuta Nakamoto and I'll be joining the First Division as of today."

He cast his charismatic smile to the unit while his eyes observed everything around him as everyone was captured in awe by his dazzling eye-smile and gorgeous looks.

"Great. Another pretty boy joining the ranks of other pretty boys within this division."

Dee muttered with a roll of her eyes as fellow Police Officer McFadden grinned at her.

"You know you love it, Dee."

"Shut up, McFadden."

"Aww, can't you just call me James at least once?"

"No and never will."

Just as James was going to counter, their attention went to their chief inspector.

"Officer Winfield."

Angie called out to the female officer upon coming up to her and James with Yuta in tow.

"Yes, Chief Inspector Hastings." Dee answered while standing up and ignoring James in the process.

"Starting today I would like for you to show Officer Nakamoto around the departments and help him get familiar with the area." Angie commanded with a smile while motioning to the male standing behind her.

"I'm entrusting Officer Nakamoto to you."

"Yes, ma'am."

Dee smiled with a curt nod of acknowledgement while she subtly kicked James out of annoyance who hissed in pain.

"Wonderful."

Angie turned to Yuta.

"You'll mostly be under Officer Winfield's guidance for the time being, but Officer McFadden is here to help, too."

"Yes ma'am!"

James saluted with a large grin.

"Good." Angie said with a nod.

"Officer Nakamoto, you'll also report to either Senior Police Officer Jensen or Senior Police Officer Everingham about your whereaboubts along with any official business dealing with the department. Got it?"

"Got it. Thank you, ma'am." Yuta thanked her with a smile and a nod.

"In the mean time until your desk situation is situated, please make yourself comfortable at either Officer Rendell, Officer Rasri, or Officer Dorigo's desks as the three are on medical leave."

She motioned at the desks in-between James and Dee as Yuta nodded in acknowledgment. Angie faced the rest of the team.

"That is all. Please resumed what you were all doing before I arrived."

She ordered before making her leave to her own office upstairs. James stood up to greet Yuta.

"Welcome to the First Division! Great to see a new around here besides Dee's."

Dee elbowed James as the latter took the blow and still shook hands with Yuta.

"C'mon, Newbie, I'll show you around before you get roped into this guy's shenanigans." Dee interjected.

"Ouch. I take total offense there, Dee." James feigned hurt with a pout as Dee rolled her eyes at his behavior.

"It's Winfield, MacFadden. Why must we do this everyday?"

"It's because we entered the First Division at the same time." James smirked as Dee ignored him and faced Yuta.

"Let's get going while we still got some down time."

Serena jerked awake by her mobile phone going off. Out of habit she sleepily tried to locate it by reaching above her head and towards the arm of the sofa, but felt nothing. She paused long enough to hear it out and got up to follow it towards her bedroom where she last left it before heading to the Cupid Station earlier.

Serena looked at the caller ID seeing it was Praya before answering.

"Hello?"

"You're still not asleep are you?" Praya asked through the phone with an annoyed tone.

"No." Serena replied as she ran a hand through her hair. "

Don't worry, I'll get ready soon."

"It's all good. Don't worry about it."

"What do you mean? You woke me up for no reason then?"

"So I did wake you."

"Yeah, sure, whatever. What about the phootshoot though?" Serena asked annoyed as she rubbed her face to ease out the tiredness.

"Well, the father called me a while ago and said that he wants to reschedule the time." Praya explained before speaking again.

"Mr. Uphoff wants to do the shoot some time in March and that he wanted to change the venue so that it's at the Nizho University Medical Center instead of the Roksiamese Orthodox Church."

"Why?"

"The daughter wasn't feeling well. She may be at the hospital more often and so he doesn't want to cause a hassle on her part."

"I see."

"Anyways, just letting you know that you're free today."

"Am I really?" Serena replied with a sarcastic tone as Praya chuckled.

"For now. Maybe we can go out for drinks instead and discuss more on your availability."

"Yes to the drinks, no to the discussion."

"It's better than nothing. I'll text you the time and place."

"I'll be fashionably late."

"I'm sure you will be, but do reply back or I'll come and pick you up myself."

"I'll try. Bye, Praya."

"Buh-bye, Rena."

The two hung up as Serena tossed her phone onto her bed before rubbing the sleepiness from her face. She was about to make her way to the bathroom when a mobile like device shaped like Maofah appeared before her and she paused while staring at the screen.

"You got a CUPID message!"

The device spoke in Maofah's voice as Serena click the mail icon to open the pre-recorded video message to find out what Narak had sent since the new year had started and this was the first video of the new year.

"Oh, hello Cupid V!" Narak cooed in a sing-song voice.

"It's the new year and you know what that means! It's that lovely time of year again so gear up for all the love connections to be made soon enough! I'll be sending you your files as soon as possible when the council gets back to me or whatever! Be prepared! Toodles!"

The video ended with the Maofah phone disappearing soon after. Serena ran a hand through her hair as she tried to recall what time of year it was again before groaning loudly upon the realization.

"School's gonna be back in session. Ugh. I can't believe I forgot about that. I can't believe winter break is about to be over soon and I have to deal with Young Love and First Love and all the other loves once again. Bleh."

She spun around to face-plant onto her bed while groaning some more before turning over to lie on her back to glare at the ceiling. She let out a sigh before turning onto her side.

"That's when love happens the most. Ugh, it's gonna be hectic once again." She mumbled while rubbing her face in annoyance before getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom for a shower.

"I hate school time."

"Alright, let me think for a bit." Dee said as she recalled the tour she had just given Yuta.

"We've visited the crime lab, the front desk, mentioned the higher ups and walked past their elevators, the conference rooms, the break rooms, the sleeping rooms, the changing rooms, the workout slash training facility, the other departments that we worked with from time to time, and all of the restrooms within the N-M-P-D."

She then looked upwards in a thinking motion.

"Is there anything else that I'm forgetting."

"The morgue." Yuta inputted in a nonchalant tone as Dee eyed him weirdly.

"You actually want to visit the M-E's office?"

Yuta smiled at her with a shrug.

"Well, it's one of the places that

Please log in to read the full chapter