through my eyes III

TCR: MoLaCoS
Please log in to read the full chapter

"This ends our tour of Kevalee High School."

The principal, Mr. Boakye, concluded as he and the mother and son arrived at his office. He turned his attention onto the teenage boy.

"I hope this school will be to your liking, Quanzhe."

"My son will be happy here." Quanzhe's mom states with a smile. "Thank you, Mr. Boakye."

"You're very welcome, Mrs. Li. Usually we have our top student giving the tour, but Miss Wang fell ill before I could notify her."

"Oh, poor child. I hope she's alright."

"She's currently resting at the Nurse's office. Anyways, are there any questions?"

Quanzhe's mom looked at her son as Quanzhe shook his head.

"Nope. I think we're all set."

"Great."

Mr. Boakye focused on Quanzhe and held out a hand to shake which Quanzhe took.

"Can't wait for you to officially start this upcoming Friday."

"Me either, sir."

Meanwhile watching the trio was Maofah as he flittered around Quanzhe with a judgmental expression.

"This is her childhood friend?"

Maofah gave the young man another once over.

"He looks like a hamster with a mushroom haircut."

Maofah laughed at his own words getting a kick out of the whole thing.

"A squirrel and a hamster."

The feline was laughing too hard that tears formed.

"What a love match. This is too funny that I might just die."

He paused in laughter before bursting into another one.

"I won't though."

He laughed until it ceased instantly upon remembering something.

"Shoot. But Kyungeun would. I need to go check on her health status before NaNa actually finds a way to kill me for good."

Maofah flittered away to the infirmary leaving behind the others.

"How were you able to get a meeting with Jacob Tudyk within one day?" James asked Yuta with an impressed look as the duo were walking to the holding cell that Jacob Tuydk was being held in.

"I thought it would take at least a week for the request to go through."

"Officer Winfield actually helped me out with that." Yuta answered honestly.

"We asked Senior Officer Jensen for help. She asked for Chief Inspector Hastings' permission and immediately after it was granted."

"Just like that? Wow."

"Well, Senior Officer Jensen said something about Chief Inspector Hastings agreeing to it when she learned it was a request from Dr. Wautier."

"Huh. Interesting. I actually thought that Senior Officer Jensen disliked Dr. Wautier."

"Why'd you say that?"

"Dr. Wautier gave her a bad first impression when they met."

"Oh, right."

"I guess the higher ups really want this case to be closed as soon as possible."

Yuta didn't commented, but nodded in agreement.

"Anyways, where is Dr. Wautier?" James asked realizing that Violette wasn't with them.

Both James and Yuta turned their attention to where Violette should've been right with them, but she was no where in sight.

"She was right behind us when we entered." Yuta stated as he looked back and spotted Violette peeking inside the other rooms.

"Dr. Wautier."

Yuta called out to her while walking towards her.

"Dr. Wautier, we're here to see Mr. Tudyk, remember."

"Oh, right. We are." Violette said in a soft tone as she followed Yuta.

The trio were at the Nizho Prison after being granted permission to have a meeting with Jacob Tudyk from Chief Inspector Hastings. Of course it was Rita that had asked on their behalf. James tilted in his head in curiosity while glancing in Violette's direction.

"Senior Officer Jensen usually accompanies during these meetings, but for some reason she declined to not attend this one today."

"Why is that?" Violette asked.

James grew sheepish before answering her.

"She said something about it involving you and that she didn't want to be here."

Violette chuckled as the trio finally arrived outside the room that Mr. Tudyk was being held in. James knocked on the door before opening it leading them inside where Mr. Tudyk was seated and handcuffed along with another officer present who soon left once the trio arrived. Violette took the only seat across from Mr. Tudyk while the other two officers just stood to the side and observed the interaction of the other two when Mr. Tudyk initiated conversation.

"It doesn't matter who comes."

Jacob calmly stated while looking at Violette who just looked on intrigued.

"I can pass through these walls easily and the next victim will appear soon."

"My name is Violette Wautier and I'm from the Special Section of the Nizho Metropolitan Police Department."

Violette introduced herself.

"Will you participate in an experiement?"

"What?" Jacob said with a dubious expression.

"I'd like to see you walk through walls."

Violette smiled as Jacob smiled weirdly back at her.

"Uh, sure."

The group of four soon left the interrogation room and ended up in an unused room that was used as storage to keep extra boxes.

"We'll open the door again in ten minutes."

Violette informed Jacob who didn't react to her words while James unlocked the handcuffs from his wrists with Yuta waiting by the door curious how this would turn out like.

"So we'll open the door again in ten minutes to see if the experiment worked."

Violette repeated with an eager face.

"Okay?"

"Sure."

Jacob responded with a wry smile while Violette ushered James out of the room.

"Okay. See you in ten minutes."

Violette closed the door soon afterwards.

"Do you really think he can go through walls?" Yuta asked.

"I guess we'll find out."

Violette motioned for him and James to block the door with the bench just outside Jacob's holding cell. James looked between Yuta and Violette with a curious look.

"Do you guys wanna play a game while we wait?"

Yuta and Violette looked at James disinterested in playing a game.

"It was just a suggestion."

The trio did their own thing until Violette's watch went off as she had set a timer for ten minutes.

"Oh, time's up." Violette exclaimed happily while jumping off from the bench.

"Let's go!"

James bolted awake from Violette's voice as he had fell asleep instead of playing a game. His body crashed to the ground while Yuta stared at his colleague with an amused gaze. James got back up and with Yuta's help removed the bench back to its original place. He unlocked the door to the cell and upon opening it there was no sight of Jacob Tudyk inside.

"He's gone! He definitely did it! He walked through walls!"

James' jaws dropped in shock as he looked about the empty room.

"He really did it."

"Or he's right here behind the door."

Violette commented with Yuta standing outside the room. James turned around confused as he believed that the man was no where in sight. Violette moved the door to reveal Mr. Tudyk hiding behind it with a distressed look. He let out an awkward laughed while wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"You litt-"

Violette intervened between James and Jacob so that the former wouldn't attack the latter.

"Now, now. Let's talk it out since Mr. Tudyk doesn't have the ability to walk through walls as from what we've experimented here."

James grumbled, but happily handcuffed Jacob again while leading them all back to the interrogation room. Jacob was placed back into his seat with Violette sitting across from him again.

"So, who asked you to tell those lies?"

Violette began the interrogation as Jacob sighed in defeat.

"I really don't know it myself."

The trio stayed quiet although they were curious as to what Jacob's words could mean.

"It was around three weeks ago when it happened. I was alone at the company and a group of men I've never seen before burst into the room and attacked me. I was blindfolded and taken somewhere."

"Do you remember where you were taken?" Violette asked and Jacob shook his head.

"No. I don't remember."

"Okay. Go on."

"They told me if I did what they said then I they would put money into my account." Jacob continued his story.

"My company was on the verge of bankruptcy and this prearrangement of the bidding would help me."

He sighed.

"If I didn't do as they told me, then they would kill me."

Jacob looked at them skeptically.

"They also mentioned that they had someone within the police on their side."

"Who?" James asked as he moved close causing Jacob to back up slightly.

"I don't recall, I'm sorry."

"Did they mention anything, Mr. Tudyk?" Violette asked.

"Um, they kept talking about another person. Um, I think the name they mentioned was something like Benson Cane."

"Thanks for coming in, Lenna." Kyungeun's co-worker, Jooeun, said while hugging her thankfully.

Kyungeun went by her English name, Lenna, as it was easier to pronounce and actually fitted on the six letter spaces of the name tags that they wore at Orbit Cafe. For some reason the owner preferred six letters or less for the names. It was weird, but Kyungeun was fine with it as long as she got paid and free drinks and snacks out of it.

"No problem, Joo."

"Alright, it'll be me, you, Vivi, Taka, Alex, and Yu for the lunch rush. After that you'll be off at three."

"Okay, perfect. I'm finally having dinner with my sister's fiance."

"Nice and about time. I was beginning to think your sister was making up the guy and was posing with a random guy to feed the story."

"My mom was thinking the same thing until she saw the rock that Ara showed her a few months ago and actually met him."

"Why did it take your sister so long to introduce him to you guys though?"

Kyungeun pondered on the reason before answering with a shrug.

"I'm not sure, but I think she mentioned that his work took up a lot of time and he traveled so much that it didn't work out."

"Well, at least it worked out long enough for her to get hitched."

"True."

Their conversation was cut short when the bell on the door chimed to indicate that a customer had just walked in. The staff greeted the guests while Kyungeun took her place behind the register and smiled before ringing up their order.

After visiting Jacob Tudyk and learning of his story that he was coerced into the whole order the Special Unit sans Hana, but with Yuta present, began their discussion about the two murders of the Industrial Development.

"Well think of it like this. What if it was collected beforehand and planted at the scene?" Violette suggested.

"But why would the unsub do that?" Peter asked glancing at Violette with a skeptical look.

"Everything points to Tudyk being the culprit."

"Exactly. That's the thing about D-N-A." Violette exclaimed.

"D-N-A is absolute, but it won't tell you how it actualy got there."

Violette moved towards one the boards in the room that had been set up with the Industrial Development case. She pointed at a few things while explaing what she was trying to get at.

"First Division found out that it was Jacob Tudyk through the D-N-A testing, but Tudyk claimed that that he could walk through the prison walls in order to kill his victims."

She pointed at Yuta.

"Officer Nakamoto was with me along with Officer McFadden, but of course we found out that was impossible with the little experiment we had at the Nizho Prison."

"Did you really believe that Jacob Tudyk was able to walk through walls?" Tono asked with a baffled expression.

"Yes." Violette answered nonchalantly before continuing with her thoughts.

"But what if it had all went well and the case would become unsolved leaving everything to proceed as what the culprit had planned out."

"But what is it that the culprit had planned out?" Peter asked.

Violette shrugged.

"That I do not know."

Both Tono and Peter exhaled

Please log in to read the full chapter