wip: chain of love 2

TCR: MoLaCoS
Please log in to read the full chapter

She ruffled her hair as she went about her place and noticed that none of the felines were in sight.

"Now, where did those two run off to?" 

"Right. They must be with Mel."

Serena concluded as she made her way down the hallway to the last room on the left that had a large poster on it of her sister's favorite music group from when she was still around. Taking a slow breath and a few more, Serena opened the the door and crossed the threshold to the Twilight realm where her sister was casually playing fetch with Nerok.

"Oh, hey ReRe." Melanie greeted her sister happily.

"Did you bring me any strawberry gelato?"

"Oh, yeah, I forgot about it. Next time, Mel." Serena apologized as she watched Nerok fetched the small and round strawberry-like ball in the air.

"It's all good."

"Where's Maofah?" Serena asked upon not seeing the mischievious white cat around the area.

"He's usually slacking off when he's here with you."

"He said something about helping Hedy or something like that." Melanie replied.

"He kept mumbling a lot about having to always do more work than the others or something like that."

She shrugged while catching the ball and then throwing it right back at Nerok.

"By the way, that Natthew guy came again."

Serena wondered when that stubborn Grim Reaper was gonna stop paying his sister visits knowing full well that Melanie's soul wasn't going to cross over any time soon. It's about to be five years in May.

"Yeah? What did he want?"

Serena watched the ball fly back between the black feline and her younger sister.

"Nothing much. Came to visit like always although I forget why he actually comes since he never visits when you're here. Anyways, he gave me a pistachio boba. I don't know why you dislike him so much. He's nice."

"Natthew is actually a really nice guy, but NaNa keeps being mean, NiNi." Nerok added as Serena glared at the cat who then diverted his attention back to playing catch with Melanie again.

"Yeah, right, nice my ." Serena mumbled with a roll of her eyes.

"Apparently he has too much time to play delivery man and give the wandering souls bubble tea as of late, especially when the new year just started a few days ago."

"You said something?"

"Nope."

Serena looked around and noticed the three hellhounds weren't around either.

"Where the puppies go?"

"Oh, they went with Natthew. He needed them for something. Um, Lucy or Lily wanted them or something. I forgot which name he had said."

Melanie shrugged as she continued to play fetch with Nerok.

"Lucy? Lily?"

Serena tried to remember and chuckled as they were the nicknames for Lucifer and Lilith.

"Oh yeah, I see. Luckily, Lily likes him, but Lucy, Natthew better watch himself."

Serena was still thinking of what to do with Natthew if she saw him again when she felt something soft hit her in the chest a moment later. She looked down and spotted the strawberry-like ball that Melanie and Nerok were playing with earlier.

"You okay?" Melanie asked as Nerok fetched the item while apologizing.

"Sorry, NaNa. I missed."

"It's all good, Nerok. Just lost in thought is all, but yeah, Mel, I'm fine."

Serena smiled at her sister, but then it faded when she heard the following words leave her sister's mouth.

"By the way, a guy named Charlie stopped by after Natthew had left. Do you know who he is?" Melanie asked turning her attention ont

Please log in to read the full chapter