home II

TCR: MoLaCoS
Please log in to read the full chapter

Grim Reaper Serena had teleported Pim to an open field of Star of Bethlehems, colorful daffodils, mauve carnations, and witch-hazels under a vast and clear blue sky although the reaper herself was no where in sight. Pim spun around to see where she was and if the reaper was in sight. She couldn't tell where she was or the time, it was like she was in another realm. Pim soon came face to face with an unknown man instead.

"Um, where am I? Do you know where the reaper that brought me here is?" Pim asked the man as he smiled at her.

Pim was a bit nerved from the stranger's smile, but continued to talk.

"She was supposed to take me to the Bridge of Hopelessness and I don't know what this place is."

"Do you wish for counter-love?" The man suddenly asked instead.

"Counter-what?"

"Counter-love." He repeated.

"Do you wish for love to be returned to you?"

"Well, yeah, but that doesn't ans-"

The mysterious man chuckled making Pim stopped in mid-sentence and changing what she was going to say.

"Who are you?"

"I am Anteros, Avenger of Unrequited Love."

"And should that mean something to me?"

"It does in your case."

Pim still didn't understand and Anteros continued.

"Because of your realization, Pim, you shall receive what you've been denied all of this time."

Pim looked at Anteros with confusion.

"To make up for a countless time of lives you've lived without it."

"What I've been denied? I'm so confused." Pim said not understanding anything that was happening right now.

Anteros smiled at her as he brought out his lead-tipped arrow from his quiver that was secure alongside his back and fastened it to a golden bow while looking at Pim with a soft look.

"May you have the countless counter-love in this life time instead of becoming a part of something you think you deserved."

Before Pim could question Anteros her eyes widened when she saw him aim his arrow at her. Before she could tell him not to or even yell out a scream of protest, Anteros shot the arrow at her heart and silver-like glittering dust splattered all over Pim and she out a second later. Pim opened her eyes to the brightness of her room due to the sunlight entering through the blinds of the windows. Pim sat up in her own bed while pressing a palm to her forehead at the sudden feeling of a splitting headache coming on.

Not sure of what had just happened or what could have caused it she assumed it might have been sleep deprivation from staying up late last night. She peered at the digital clock on her night stand and saw that it was a little after seven in the morning. It was also a few days before Christmas. She felt her head to see if she was unwell. She was sure that it was just the second week of the month yesterday and now it wasn't. She shook the thoughts away as she removed the covers off of her and swung her feet off the bed and sat on the edge of it.

Unknown to Pim, she had no memory of Grim Reaper Serena or Anteros. In fact, Pim had no recollection of May and Gun. It was like her line of path with them weren't align anymore. Although she felt like she had a rollercoaster of a senseless dream that she could no longer recall. Pim moved her head upwards to stretch her neck and when she opened her eyes she was greeted by a floating female who was smiling down at her. She freaked out as she lied back down on her bed, but continued to stare up at the floating stranger.

"Good morning! You're finally awake. I'm Pradtana. A cupid to help you find your Fated One."

Meanwhile Cupid Serena was watching the whole scene from the Cupid Station on the CupidTV of many in the room along with Narak with a small smile. She then pressed a button and the scene went away as she stretched her limbs while moving away from the television.

"You did good." Narak told her with a nudge as the duo made their way out of the TV Room.

"Didn't think you would be able to convince Anteros again in to giving her another chance since you've asked him many times before for your other missions."

"I just took pity on her because she really tried to win him over earnestly and without the help of the other items despite using two of them."

Cupid Serena explained with a shrug.

"Besides, isn't it my job to make sure every mission gets completed one way or another?"

"Yes, but for how long do you plan on playing for both sides to win them favorably for everyone? It should be quite tiring since you've done it for almost four years."

Narak side-eyed her.

"You can't always rely on both sides to help you out when the other doesn't work out."

"Hey, I'm the one and only Cupid Reaper, remember? Both sides are supposed to help me out when I need it to help me deal with my clientele, especially when there's no one else that can do what I can on both sides."

She remarked with a smirk.

"Besides, life isn't always black or white and has those gray moments, too, or well in this case, love isn't always just bad or just good and can have its moment, too."

Narak pinched Cupid Serena's cheeks as the latter smacked her hands away while making a face and rubbing the recent sore spot.

"Ugh, stop doing that."

"I can't when you've grown so much over the years and with your missions." Narak cooed as Cupid Serena rolled her eyes.

"Whatever."

Cupid Serena then made her way towards the entrance of the Cupid Station.

"I'll see you later, Narak. I have some Christmas shopping to do."

"Oh, right. Mortal stuff. Bring me back something."

Narak yelled after her gleefully as Serena just waved a hand while walking out of the Cupid Station and returned to the mortal realm and back into her regular clothes. Serena looked for the time on her wall and let out a yawn while ruffling her hair.

"I have time for a well deserved nap."

Sherryl was supposed to be discharged from Nizho University Medical Center a few days after she was admitted, but was kept longer than she wanted to be. At first Sherryl did all the routine procedure like before and knew how this went. It wasn't until she was moved out of her VIP room and to a regular one that she began to question it after being there for more than a week. She honestly didn't mind, but she felt it odd that she was staying longer than usual.

Still, Sherryl knew that her parents were now focusing on her and trying to get her better help. She was re-evaluated on her mental, physical, emotional, and psychological state over the course of her stay. Sherryl did tell the doctors and nurses that she was fine, yet they didn't believe it. Well, Nurse Minho was different, but she believed that he was just a nice person in general unlike the others. As for the re-evaluation it was after heavy discussion with her new primary physician, Dr. Kahoyue, that her parents wanted her to be hospitalized longer.

"It's about to be a month and I'm still stuck here."

Sherryl grumbled to no one in particular.

"Can't I just discharge myself?"

"Technically, yes, yes you can."

Someone answered as Sherryl looked up to see Minho by the door.

"Hi." He greeted while bringing her breakfast to her.

"How are you feeling today?"

"Bored, but I can actually leave for sure?"

Minho nodded while setting up the table for her to eat.

"Hospitals can't hold you here against your will if you're seeking to leave."

"Seriousy?"

"Yes."

"What about my parents?"

"You're older than eighteen, right?"

"Obviously, but yeah."

"Then yes, you can discharge yourself without your guardians' permission as you're of age."

"Okay, that's good to know so I wanna be discharge now."

Minho chuckled with a nod.

"Alright, just let me take care of it and hopefully you can be out by lunch time."

"Oh thank goodness. The food here ."

"It only when you're on a restrictive diet."

"Yeah, I know. My parents think that changing my sugar and sodium intake will surely lessen my suicidal thoughts."

Minho didn't comment on her humor, but Sherryl didn't expect him to as he wasn't like the others whenever she was admitted here. He changed the topic instead while checking her charts.

"Anyways, you're going to have a roommate in a bit."

"Well, he or she can have this room all to themselves because I'm out and won't have to hang out with them for long."

Sherryl mused as Minho smiled. He put away her charts and changed the information on the white board for the next set of nurse and doctor that would take over in less than an hour.

"Alright, is there anything you need or would like me to do before I take care of your discharge and won't see you after this?"

Sherryl at first shook her head, but then remembered something.

"Do you know where my piercings are? My parents had them removed when I was admitted, but I can't find them since moving rooms."

Minho frowned.

"I haven't heard about it. Have you asked the nurses that moved you?"

"I did, but they

Please log in to read the full chapter