We Met and We Loved

Love, Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We were in love.

We met and became a memory that can’t be erased.”

— Love Scenario by IKON

 

**

"Ms. Jung, welcome. Let me bring you to the table," the waitress greeted her.

She entered the cafe dressed in a black hoodie with a her favourite black cap, and she immediately spotted the man she was secretly arranged to meet. He too had a cap on, together with a mask. But one look at him at him and she immediately could tell who he was. Or maybe because she too was an artist just like him, and they could decipher covers better.

"I'll leave you two some time to look through the menu before I come back again," the kind lady told them both as Eunha took a seat right in front of the man. "Thank you," she kindly replied, and watched as the lady gave her a knowing smile before walking away. Eunha turned to her table partner and the both of them chuckled at the absurdity of the situation.

 

"I believe we've only met personally, once. Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Jung Jaehyun, your 'boyfriend'." He jokingly emphasised on the last word as he held out his hand to her. She snorted at his words, but decided to play along and shook his hand. "Jung Eunha, your 'girlfriend', I suppose. Let's decide on what to order, shall we?"

The waitress came back to get their orders, and the both of stayed silent for a few moments, afterwards. She was looking around the dimly lit cafe, out of curiosity, while he was staring at her similarly. When their drinks came, she happily took a sip and her eyes landed on his questioning ones.

 

"If I remember it correctly, we left off somewhere the other night," Jaehyun started. Eunha's head perked up when she thought back to their previous meeting. "The only night, you mean," she joked, as he continued to look at her in amusement.

"I thought about it you know," Jaehyun mumbled. "Your question. I can think of so many, but I can't decide on one."

Eunha smiled, a tinge of sadness was picked up by the man. "It's good that you know," she whispered. "I'm back to figuring out what’s mine."

"I think it's best to leave these thoughts to time. In time, we'll know."

"Time..." She bitterly smiled at the mention of it, and chose to drop the topic. Going in too deep with someone she barely knew didn't feel like a good idea.

 

"So how did you unluckily end up in this deal?" She asked him curiously, as she tried to change the topic and surprising him with her bluntness.

"I was told it was to cover up our label mates' relationship," he replied and she noted the bitterness that was in his tone. "I would've rejected, but she's my ex-girlfriend. We didn't end of on a good note, so I treated this as a favour."

"It’s funny how Kim Yerim pops up in my life every single time," Eunha mumbled in frustration. "She caused such a scene and tried to get in the way of my relationship a few years ago. I don't even want to think about it anymore but hearing her name alone just hits the spot."

"Wait," Jaehyun halted. "You were with Jeon Jungkook right?"

Hearing his name made her pause for a few moments, before nodding bitterly. His name had always had a powerful hold on her, and she didn't like it very much. But she couldn't do anything about it, and could only rely on time to help her emotions fade.

"For how long?"

"Almost three years," she answered.

Jaehyun chose to not question further, because he knew the details of what may have caused the end to their relationship. Especially since it was sensationalised everywhere on the news during that time.

"I think I should apologise," he side-tracked. "The time Yerim was 'in the way' was when I broke up with her. I feel like I should take responsibility for causing her recklessness."

"Are you being serious right now?"

"Of course," Jaehyun nodded hesitantly.

"They're both grown adults. They're responsible for whatever was done. You should cut yourself some slack," she nonchalantly replied. Jaehyun smiled in awe and agreed, continuing their conversation over other topics that were currently happening in their lives at the moment.

 

"Do you see him around often?" Jaehyun asked her curiously, knowing that the two were under the same label.

"Not as much as everyone thinks, which I'm thankful for. On the front, we have to pretend like nothing happened, which I've gotten used to, frankly."

"So your relationship's healing slowly, I suppose."

Eunha paused for a moment to think about Jaehyun's assumption. "Rather than it healing, I think I’m leaning more towards avoidance. Our group activities generally do not overlap, so it makes it easier to not think about it. For me at least." She sighed, smiling bitterly again. She felt like a word vomit was coming up if this topic continued further.

 

"What about you? You must see Yerim around often," she questioned him back, making Jaehyun chuckle at her quick sense.

"We didn't love each other, it was just a little more than a 'some'. We put up a front when we have to, and we learned to just ignore one another. It was easier than I thought."

"I'm envious..." Eunha pouted hearing that.

"You know..." Jaehyun leant forward, as his hands rested on the table. "I'm surprised she was caught with Jungkook, this time. I was very sure that she had something recurring going on with Taeyong hyung. They've been on and off since forever," he wondered out loud. Eunha listened as he spoke but she didn't want to harp on it further. As far as she knew, she didn't want anything to do with the said girl.

 

She was actually thankful that she'd gotten over the 'Yerim phase', and that she could almost comfortably speak about it right now. The only problem was the hold Jungkook still has on her. His name, his presence - everything still had unwanted effects on her that she couldn't deny.

Jaehyun noticed her zoning out, and from all that he'd heard from her tonight, he knew Jungkook still held a place in her heart and it seemed like she was internally struggling to get away from it. He even felt a little sorry for her, knowing that moving on from a long relationship was always a hassle.

"With time, it'll be okay." He bravely reached out for her hand, in a reassuring manner, which startled her slightly but she recognised the look he gave her. It was the same look everyone gave when they go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter