Saturn

Love, Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, this is Source Music Entertainment's CEO, So Sung Jin. 

It is with a heavy heart full of grief that we deliver such sudden, heart-aching and unfortunate news. 

On the morning of May 29th, we were forced to sadly send away our three precious girls, Yuna, Eunbi and Yewon. 

Our innocent girls were on the way home from Hongdae on the night of the 28th, and an unfortunate accident occured that took the lives of our three beautiful girls. 

The heavy grief experienced by all of us here cannot be compared to what is felt by the family of our girls, who had to let go of their beautiful daughters. With that, all the employees and artists here, together with Big Hit Labels, are offering our deepest condolences. 

Our Yuna, Eunbi and Yewon were three bright girls who worked extremely hard and gave their everything to achieve their dreams, and we are extremely devastated that we have lost such beautiful and irreplaceable stars. The girls have loved, and will continue to be loved by many, and it saddens us all to deliver such sad news to all the Buddies who loved them, and were loved by them, unconditionally. 

We seek understanding from the public that, in respect of the families who are in deep sorrow from the sudden news, a wake will not be held and we will immediately proceed with the burial on the morning of the 29th. To guarantee the privacy and the security of the families and guests, we will be putting up barriers around the burial site and only family members and close guests of the girls will be allowed in. We hope the public and the media understands that it is a difficult time for everyone, and we would like to send our girls away peacefully.

Additionally, we will constantly provide updates on the conditions of our Sowon and Yerin. Please keep them in your prayers.

Thankyou.

 

 

"You taught me the courage of stars, before you left.
How light carries on endlessly, even after death."

— Saturn by Sleeping at Last

 

**

Wet grass and petrichor scents.

That was all she had in her mind as she blankly stared at the three fresh graves right in front of her, with the three beautiful faces of her young girls on each tomb. By her side were the elders of the girls, and adjacent to them stood all of the guests who made their way down to the cemetery to bid their last goodbyes to the three. So young.

“We’ve gathered here today, to honour and pay tribute to the three beautiful lives of Choi Yuna, Hwang Eunbi and Kim Yewon. And so this morning, we've put aside our routine daily lives for a while, to gather here and give expression to the thoughts and feelings that well up in us at this time of loss.” The priest began officiating the funeral by the side of the three wooden coffins, before they were being lowered. 

“Annyeonghasaeyeo, Jung Eunha-inmida,” young Eunha deeply bowed as she took her first step into the company’s practice room. 

“JUNG?!” Eunha was startled when she heard the familiar boyish voice, only to look up and be greeted by the face of her childhood friend. “HWANG?!”

“Annyeong, Eunha, I’m Choi Yuna! We’re both the same age, yay!”

“Annyeonghasaeyeo unnies, Kim Yewon-inmida. Please take care of me,” Yewon humbly greeted the five other girls, as it was just announced that she will be the last to join the group. 

 

Eunha placed her hand onto to muffle her sobs, as she clearly remembered the first few moments she shared with her three younger ones. She remembered Eunbi jumping into her arms when she was confirmed to debut into GFRIEND. She could still make out Yuna’s beautiful face, as she was greeted by her same-age friend for the first time, years ago. And how Yewon’s innocence and sincerity poured out of her eyes and soul, when she shyly greeted her five unnies. Eunha remembered it all, like it just happened yesterday. Too young. 

“Hello I am the main vocal for GFRIEND, Yuju!”

“Hello I am the youngest of GFRIEND, Umji!”

“Hello I am the main dancer of GFRIEND with unexpected charms, SinB!”

 

“Today is also a day for memories. Today will be remembered for many reasons, but mainly I hope it will be remembered by you all, as a very significant day as we bid a sad and fond farewell to the three beautiful souls of these young girls.” The priest paused briefly, as he sadly took a glance at the three tombstones. “Hold on to some of these memories now as w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter