Black and Blue

Starry Night (in progress)

    As a group, they left 81, locking it up for good. Although the risk of waking others was still lurking, the door squeaked and creaked of its own will as it shut into place. To their immediate right, the next door stood; looking down, Yves rubbed her thumb against key 80, little particles of dust beginning to smudge off of its surface. She stepped towards the door and twisted it open, releasing an uncomfortable breath of heat from the inside. Lip fanned it away in disgust, mentally preparing herself for the struggle she'll have to deal with as they enter. When no one entered immediately, Lip pulled herself through the door frame.

    Metal bars, beams, and a construction-fashioned staircase came into sight. Off in the distance, a large skylight beamed moonlight into the space - the middle area was illuminated, though it cast its surroundings further into darkness. Lip took hold of the rail and descended the staircase. Their footsteps clattered as they hit each stair, clanging against dark metal. The space grew larger as they continued, their walkway twisting and turning around the jungle of metal supports, scattered and towering about them like a farm of sugar cane. Through glimpses between the metal, a living area flashed in and out of sight - one large, white bed (painted blue by the evident night) surrounded by an area for cooking, various doors into other rooms, and carpeted flooring.

    After another turn, the group stepped from the stairs onto the enormous carpet, soft to the touch but completely out of place. Behind Lip, Haseul whispered if she should take off her shoes. Lip turned around, making eye contact with any of them.

    "I don't get it - is this her room?"

    "Yeah," Chuu replied, "she has to be here somewhere."

    Haseul stepped forward towards the bed, able to make out the shadows as she entered the middle. In the air that shone from the deep blue shining above, the smallest particles of dust floated around - their movements seemed to whip the air as they noticed the dim glow around them. Across the room from them, they noticed nothing but the bed standing between them and empty space. Chuu made her way to the cooking space, running her finger across the counter - following the line of objects, she steered her hand around various pots and canned goods. A sudden scream startled the group.

    Behind the bed's backboard, the figure of someone rose - a chill ran down Lip's spine, regardless of her appearance. She wore a wrinkled t-shirt, and the edge of her denim shorts showed from the edge of the headboard. Though her jet black hair immediately revealed who she was, there was still one feature that held them back from immediate relief: a dark handkerchief was wrapped into a blindfold, tied around her eyes. The presence of her other facial features seemed escalated, tearing them away from accepting her as that human they came to save. Every breath seemed piercing, inviting them to make a mistake.

    "O- Olivia? What-" Chuu stifled her laughter, "what are you wearing? What's going on?"

    Hye just laughed to herself, looking down to scratch at the headboard. "Why? What are you going to do?" Behind Lip, Choerry gasped, her hand coming into view beside her, pointing forward. Hye's hands and arms sported faint bruises, at least 5 running down the length. The shadows cast in the moonlight made it harder to make proper observations, but her arms were indeed shaded in certain areas. Lip stepped forward, breathing in.

    "We're going to save you, that's what," Lip said, though she felt a bit awkward after it left her lips.

    To her right, Chuu's figure came into sight, tiptoeing towards the bed. She inched her arms forward and clawed her hands into the sheet, turning to look at Lip to give her a pressing look. Lip looked back at Hye.

    "Everyone's waiting, Hye - we did it, okay? We can end this, so we need you."

    "Everyone, huh?" Again, her blindfold grabbed the most attention out of the group, growing tense. At the bed, Chuu lifted the rest of the sheet into her arms, now facing Hye as well. Yves stood behind Chuu, arms bent at her side.

    Lip made eye contact with Chuu, who squeezed the cover. "Come on-"

    "No."

    Chuu threw the cover in the air but Hye bent down and rushed forward, her right hand swatting away the blanket. In one motion, she ed Chuu to her right, falling backwards onto the bed in a shriek - Hye's body on course charged forward and collided with Yves, hands slapping against her to absorb the impact. As they both slid across the floor, Lip jumped forward, blood boiling at the sight of bodies so involved in this way. On the floor, hands clutching the fabric above Yves's bosom, Hye turned her head at an angle to listen for her - as Lip's footsteps approached with a fervor, she let go and anticipated, rolling away from the taunted bull Lip had regrettably become. Lip hit the floor, a dull thud drowned by the growing shouting they had stirred up.

    Dumbfounded, Lip got back onto her feet - the rest tried to involve themselves, but Hye only continued evading each incoming swing, the only one delivering blows. Each movement was executed with precision, too much to ask of just anyone outnumbered in a brawl - scarily enough, Hye wasn't wearing out from fatigue, rather fueled by a certain frustration, diffusing out in grunts or painful attacks. Across the room, Chuu was tossed aside yet again - Lip made a pleading eye contact with her, met with an overwhelming distress and repulsive aura around her. Chuu furrowed her eyebrows and made for the busy group. Bending underneath flailing arms, she stood up inside the mess and raised her hand - in a sharp slice she brought her palm downward across her body, landing a smack against Hye's cheek. Hye stumbled backwards and regained her footing, looking around.

    "Who do you think you are? Huh?" Chuu shouted. "I- We didn't come here to take any of this nonsense! Take off that dumb thing, huh? Look us in the eye and tell us you're here to beat us up." She lifted her fist in a forceful lift, "Hit me again..."

    Slowly, Hye's hands came up to the back of her head, fingers busy. As it fell, shadows fell onto her features as well, unable to lock clearly onto gratefulness, anger, or even regret. She lifted her palms up, showing the group, before opening her arms to her sides, to Chuu. Exhaling, Chuu walked up and gave her a hug. Like an unwelcome family house party, Choerry came up next, and Hye was eventually passed around to everyone else. When Lip embraced, she felt a finger putting pressure onto her front pocket, though the moment soon left. They backed up until all were gathered together in a quiet huddle.

    "What the hell…" Jinsoul made out in a whisper to herself.