Chapter 6

People In My Life

Yasmine:

I couldn't stop wondering what happened between Soobin and Jayson. I kept wondering to the piont that I was thinking of them all day. Stop it Yasmine, you can't think about that situation all day, it's none of your buisniss. I told myself that all morning until I finally got it out of my head. Math class was different. That teacher wasn't here on time afterthe bell rang like always.

"Guys! We're having a new student!" Said one guy running in the classroom.

""It is confirmed. More details will be told later. Get to your seats now, the teacher is coming." The class president came walking in claming thet entire class. 

Everyone listened waiting pacently for the teacher to arrive. People were whispering about what they knew about him already. Apparently they were one of the top smartest students with the highest ranks in their school. No one knew how they looked liked but Samual, the kid who came running in, and Minsu, the class president. They were forbiden to tell anyone anything. There was a loud tapp at the teachers desk. Everyone payed attention. 

"Class, today someone new will be joining us. Please welcome him and try to be nice and be friends with him. You may come in now."

Slowly a boy walkid in the classroom.

"Hello, my name is Chan. It's nice to meet you all. I hope we can get along just fine."

"Yasmine please riase your hand." I raised my hand just as the teacher told me to, "Chan, you will sit by Yasmine."

Chan nodded walking over the the seat beside me. We had seperate desk so it was fine. I didn't even look at him. Break came by and people started to crowd around his desk. I felt uncomfortable. I got up from my seat and left to the library. I didn't want to be around anyone. Has everyone lost their mind? I got a book and started to read and lose track of time.

"Yasmine!" 

I ran to the classrooom so I wouldn't be late for class. 

"Yasmine." I turned around seeing Soobin out of breath."Hey, con you slow down next time?....We need to do the presintation tomorrow, I was thinking that we could meet up after school and practice our lines so we don't make any mistakes and know what to say."

"Sure." With that I went to my seat and layed my head down. 

After school I waited for Soobin to arrive. We desided to meet at the school gate.

"Hey, mind if my friends tag along?"

"Sure." I didn't want to push them away, that would be rude. 

I got to know them all better. Soobin was really nice to me. The others were just themselves and would be funny sometimes. Soobin and I got finished with our presentation practice.

"Have you guys seen the new guy?"Kai asked.

"I have. He's in mine and Yasmine's class."

"I didn't see him. I walked out because I was starting to feel unfomfortable around all those people crowding around him."

"Everyone else saw him. I guess your the olny one who hasn't." Taehyun added.

"Guys, it's not Yasmine's fault that she is shy around people." Soobin said.

I felt relieved that he said that. I have been more open to them than anyone else. We talked and talked until it was dark outside. 'Lets have a sleepover!'. Those words rung in my head. I knew that I wasn't included but I didn't want to walk home alone in the dark scary night. 'Yasmine, stay and have fun with us. Lets take a vote of what movie to watch.' That's how I'm stuck here in Soobin's house in a guest room thinking of how I got into this mess.

 

Early in the morning I left. I left a note for the boys saying that I would meet tham at school. I got dressed in another pair of the same school uniform and went back to school. Kate was there. I know well enough that since the group project presentation was today I would have to finish my work that I did with Soobin. If Kate found out what happened last night I would be hit. They could beat me up but they could also do other things too. I tried to stay clam. Soobin and I finished so I left to the rooftop after class.

"So your here. Did you really think that you could get away with it?"

"Leave me alone Jackie."

"I don't want to."

I sighed. I was defeated. It was one against one so I could take her dowm if I had any streangh. I managed to take her down after a long fight on the rooftop. 

"Do you think I'm not tired of this? I have enough of it." I yelled. I bent down to Jackie's level. "Listen I have a message for Kate. You go tell her that I have enough of you all. I'm not going to fall for her little tricks again because in the end it's going to stay the same."

"Theres no need for her to tell me." Kate waked over to Jackie to help her up. "Are you ok? How could you let this happen?"

I didn't want to start a fight. The only way I managed to defeat Jackie was by doing a small surprise attack. She came to me first but missed. I didn't want to do anything so I shoved her down. 

"What do you want?" 

"Me? Nothing. All I need you to do is to leave that someone alone. You'll get a reward this time." A smile appered on her face."You can have that someone set free. I'll leave you two alone in exchange of being friends with Soobin. Your so close to him, why don't you tell us some things? I can be with him and you can be set free, how does that sound? I know one person that you love." She got my attention. 

"You don't even know who it is."

"Fine. Your best friend ....Brook wouldn't mind replacing you." How did she find out about Brook? "Yes, that's her name, Brook. Lets say that she can stay at my house for tonight. Wouldn't that be fun? We can have a sleep over like the good old days."

"Leave Brook out of this. Just use me like you always have. Don't do anything to her. Please."

"Then fine. We'll se that we leave your friend alone. Now for your punishment."

Kate started to hit me and I hit back. I said that I was done dealing with them but I wasn't so sure now. Not with all this of what she said. The worst thing is that Kate doesn't play around either. I fell back losing my balance. 

"Give up Yasmine. No one likes you and no one ever will. Brook was just a fake friends too at the end. If you don't believe me you can ask her yourself."

Kate called Brook. I heard their entire conversation. 

Did you finally get her? Did she get what she deservers?"

"Yes, yes, do you think that I will fail you?"

"Of cource not.Listen. Her weakness is to physically hurt her. Even though you guys beat her up, its not enough. We need to teach her a leasson for everything she has takenaway from us. She took away my crush. Lets make everyone hate her in return that she has to mave way."

My eyes started to water. How could my so called friend say that about me? I woundn't cry. I gave up all my secrets to Brook and now she is using it aganst me. I knew that this would happen. I couldn't consentrate. Kate left with Jackie leaving my alone to cry. I was crying not bothering to hold back any tears behind. No one was going to like me, not even as a friend now. By the conversation that I've heard Brook was going to come back and do something to ruin my reputation. I have to stand up for myself once she comes back. It's now or never that I have to fight back. Kate ended the call and looked at me.

"I told you not to mess with me. Now that you have no one on your side you will finally be defeated. Brook was never your friend, she never will be." 

Kate left me all alone without anyone left on the rooftop with me. I was crying unaware that the next class started. I couldn't face anyone now that Brook is coming back.