Chapter 4

People In My Life

I got to know Soobin a bit more durring the group project. He had a group of frinds, five including him to be exact, and he was the most targeted person that girls were always surrounding him. I avioded everyone since that day when the teacher choose our partners. Kate was espically mad at me and even made a threat that she woud do worse if I get even more closer to Soobin. At lunch I walked to my regular table all by myself. Someones tray was placed next to me. I looked up seeing Soobin standing there smiling. 

"Can I sit here for today?"

"Sure" I shifted my seat more towards the edge so that I didn't have to worry about any phisical contact at all. I knew better that if I even touch him I was dead. Not really but I was going to be in trouble. Beth noticed me and Sobbin sitting by each other at lunch telling the rest of what she saw. Kate gave me a death glare, a warning sign, meaning that there was no way out of anything. I looked back at he table noticing four more people sitting in the other seats. 

"Sorry Yasmine, I know that your not social and that my friends came to sit with us. They are my friends." Soobin explained as I jumped when I saw them from sock and fear. 

"Hello, I'm Yeonjun." Siad the one with his hair lightly dyed blue.

"I'm Beomgyu." He did have a sweet smile.

"I'm Taehyun." 

"And I'm Huening-kai. You can call me Kai"

Of couse I knew them all. They were the most popular group in school. I introduced myself too after they finished. It was awkward at lunch since I wasn't used to being around a group of people. I haven't been so comfortable so I made an excuse to go to the bathroom. I went there quickly and went to the libary afterwards. The bell rang meaning that it was time for class again. I was making my way when I remembered that I left Soobin and his friends alone at lunch. I didn't leave anything in the lunchroom so that was good. I felt guilty for leaving them but I was having a great time by myself. I went to my seat and layed my head down thinking of what happened at lunch. 

Soobin:

I came to sit by her at lunch. I knew that Yasmin has never sat by a group of people in such a long time so I sat by her hoping that no one would follow me. I was unlucky though. Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Huening-kai came. When she saw them she jumped in shock. They introduced themselves and then she did the same. Yasmine left saying that she had to go to the bathroom. She left for some time and never returned. 

"Who is she?" Yeonjun asked.

"My partner for the group project."

"Didn't she seem a bit, I don't know, weird?" Beomgyu said.

"Or maybe Soobin has finally found a girlfriend." Said Kai. 

Teahyun didn't say anything. After awhlie he asked, "Isn't Yasmine the one who never talks to anyone?"

"Oh yeah, if you think about it she never talks to anyone, she keeps to herself." Beomgyu added.

"Listen, Yasmine is my partner for the group project, she didn't feel comfortable with a lot of people around her, and I'm trying to be her friend. Yasmine have ben through many things."

"So you care about her, don't you?" A smirck started to appear on Yeonjuns face. 

"No, I don't like her. I just want to be her friend. That's all." 

I ended up telling eeryone what happened with her and Kate. 

"Besides, someone is after her. I found out his morning over hearing someones conversation in the classroom. Someone likes Yasmine and now their going to try to hang around her. She doesn't know so that's one of the worse part. Yasmine isn't social so she wouldn't like that. She would be scared and who knows what will happen next. I just want to gain her trust to be her friend, okay?" Why was this so hard to understand? I just wanted to be her friend, that's all. I wanted to protect her. I needed to make a plan.

"Well I thnk we scared you want to be friend way." At least Taehyun understood the situation. 

The bell rang. We all made our way to the classroom. We all had different classrooms except for Beomyu, Taehyun, and Kai. We did have an activity class that we have different classmates in while the rest to the day the teachers change rooms. I saw Yasmine with her head down on the table. I didn't go towards her just in case other people came in to talk like they always do. The room started to fill in with students. The teacher came in and it was time for math. The worst subjuct for me. I wasn't so good at anything but I tried hard so that's how I got good grades. I couldn't help but glance at Yasmine every now and then. I got to admit, I was worried about her. After seeing how Kate treated her it made me worry as a friend. 

 

"You have this pacet for homework tonight." I sighed, more things to do, "Also, remember the homework for your other classes and your group project for social studies. Class is dismissed." 

School was over. I ran outside to meet th others and made my way home. I looked around for any sight of Yasmine. I saw her walking out of the school without anyone. I looked at that direction some more when Jayson walked towards her. For some reason I was getting angry. Yasmine did't look fine so it was clear that she didn't like wht was going on.