Chapter 3

People In My Life

Soobin:

I heard everything. In the classroom everything was happening fast. I didn't believe that Yasmine would go to the rooftop even though she knew it was going to cause trouble.After Yasmine left the classroom everyone was talking about it. 

"How could she go? Does she want to get herself killed?" One kid said.

"Nevermind that, no one has dared reject Kate so she must have felt presured to leave." Someone responded.

"It doesn't matter. We can't do anything about it. Kate's going to find a way out of it since her family is wealthy and Yasmine won't press charges or anything." A third one said.

"Well someone has to help her." Said the first one.

Soobin got out from the corner of the wall I went ot my seat and layed my head down. I was thinking that if I go then I can help her and I can gain her trust to be her friend but if I didn't help her then I didn't hae to worry about her and Kate. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I like Yasmine, it's just that I want to be her friend.

"Hey Soobin, you schould go help Yasmine." Said the first guy.

"You know what? Maybe I should." With that I left.

Yasmine hasn't left far. I kept a distance so she wouldn't know that I was following her. She was shaking, walking slowly to the rooftop taking her time. When she got to the top step she stoped shaking, took a deep breath, and went on the rooftop. I crept beside the door seeing Kate with a baseball bat and Beth and Jackie who seemed ready to fight. One step was all it took. That's when they started to attack her. Of course it as three against one. She tried to get away, she was strong enout, but they hit her too many times that she was becoming weak. She faught back when Beth and Jackie pined her to the ground. They pulled her up enough when Kate was going to slap her. In just a very short time I stoped Kate from smacking her. Her friends droped Yasmine who feel on the ground with pain. I told Kate to stop and halped Yasmine get up. Yasmine seemed scared to do anything. I saw her weak body faint but I lukly caught her before she feel. I carried her to the nures office and layed her on the bad closing the curtains that the school had for privacy. Yasmine looked pale as if she were to be sick. I put my hand on her forehead but she wasn't running a ferver. It got me thinking, if she didn't talk too anyone at school, did she talk to anyone out of school or was she holding all the pain inside herself all by herself? I wanted to help her by being her frend but I would have to make a plan to do that. Surprisingly Yasmine wasn't heavy at all. I could carry her all day if I had to. She was very light. I became to wonder in my thoughts while getting my assignement for the rest of the school day. 

 

Yasmine:

 My body felt weak as I tried to get up again. I didn't know why but my head started to feel dizzy and the whole world was spinning. As soon as I thought that everything was fine everything went black.

I opened my eyes feeling the warmth of a blanket. I got up looking around e. I was at the nurses office. 

"Hey, your finally awake." Sobbin was here. Everywhere I was when there was trouble he was there.

"Hey." I said softly as I tried to gather up my streanth. 

My eyes got used to the lighting in the room. I obsovsered the room around me. The curtains were closed, Soobin was sitting in a chair my the bed, he also had some papers in his hands, and no one else was in the room. I started to feel uncomfortable. Have Sobbin gone to class to get his assignement? I didn't want to think so much. I didn't know what happened. 

"Soon after I saved you, you fainted so I carried you here." Soobin replied.

Now I remember. Soobin was thhe one who saven me. I remember everything that happened on the rooftop. 

'Thanks." I didn't know wht happened in the class or afterwards but all I know was that Soonin and I were talking about the project. We would get off topic here and there but it was fine. I haven't talked to anyone like this in forever. I didn't become comfortble with Soobin even though we talked for so long. The lack of trust wasn't going away. That's why I kept my distance. Soon school was over. By that time I went back to the classroom to get my things. One thing that I didn't forget about at that time was when Soobin saw me wake up. He seemed relieved to see me which made me wonder, why was he being so nice to me?