Chapter 5

People In My Life

I walked over to hear what was bing said. 

"Hay Yasmine."

"Hey." She looked down at the ground. 

"Yasmine!" I called walking closer to them. "Sorry to interrupt but do you want to work on the project now?"

"Sure. I have to go now. Bye."

We didn't tak at all on our way to a cafe.

Yasmine:

Jayson was approching me. I walked faster but I bumped into him.

"Sorry." 

"Don't worry, it's not your falt. Hey, do you want to hang out today? I mean you don't have to if you don't want to or if you need to do something."

He gave me a sweet smile. I didn't know what to say. That's when Soobin appered.

"Hay Yasmine. Do you want to work on the project now?" Soobin asked.

Sure."

I said bye to Jayson and left with Soobin. I didn't want that to happen again. We ended up going to a cafe not so far away. We entered the cafe. It smelled good. So many desserts and many drinks to choose from. It wasn't the frst time that I came here but I haven't been here for so ong that I wasn't considered to be a regular customer anymore. I missed the past days when I came here everyday. I couldn't tell weather Soobin was a rugular of just a normal custumer or not. 

"Yasmine! It's been awhile since you came here. Is everything okay?"

"I'm fine, so have have you been Maggie."

"Oh, you know, the same as always. It was getting so boring and lonely here ever since you left. And who is this? Your new best friend?"

"No, we're just group parters for a project."

We went to a table by the window. I ordered my regular, Maggie seemed to remember, and Soobin ordered his. I was explaining to Soobin how she knows me. We were friends but I hven't came here lately. We talked and talked abou the project and what information we had about it. I had my laptop with me so we finished it just before the cafe closed.

"How about we become friends?" I didn't expect anything like this when we ame here. 

"I...I don't know. Honestly I'm scared to make new friends. No one has ever wanted to be my friend and this is just to, I don't know, different?"

"Don't worry. We don't have to be friends if you don't want to. I'm not going to pressure you to be my friend. I just want to get to know you better. I like making new friends. Other girls always crowd around me for money and popularity but you don't. I don't know what happened in your past but I hope you can believe me on this. Your different in a good way. So take your time." He gave me a smile. 

"Thanks. I haven't had anyone to talk to in a long time. I'm not sure if you want to bemy friend though. I don't like being around alot of people and you know that." 

"Don't worry. I'll think of something."

I just smiled back. Soobin and I walked home in the darkness. I didn't want to walk alone since many things can happen in the night time but I didn't want to let Soobin know where I live. I haven't told anyone  anything. I knew they would just use it against me. Did Soobin really mean it when he said that he did want to be my friend? I was debating weather I should or not. If I was friends with him then I would also have to be aound his friends. If I didn't become his friend then I would be lonely and never face my fear. 

 

I arrived home safe. I was glad that I didn't have to deal with anything in the dark cold night. I woke up in the morning with that same thought in my head. I'll just wait and see. At school I didn't have anyone to sit by at lunch. Jayson came by and sat infront of me. I didn't like it one bit but I knew better then be rude. We ate in scilence before he said something first. 

"Yasmine, are you busy this afternoon?" I shook my head no becausse I could't lie. 

"Not really. All I have to do is do my homework and that's it."

I wasn't so sure about him. Things has changed this year for me.

"Lets meet up at the library after school then. We can do homework together."

"Sure." 

 

That time passed by to the end of school. I walked to the library when someone tapped me on the sholder. I jumped at that feeling. I truned around fast ready to make a run for it.

"Hey Yasmine, where are you going?"

"To the library. Do you want to come?"

"That's what I was going to ask you. I'll come. Lets go get some snacks and drinks before we go."

I went to the small store shop in our school and bought things. Soobin payed for half of it. The library let us ieat in there as long as we clean up our mess. We arrived to the library seeing Jayson with his omework already out. I told him that I brought Soobin along and if it was okay. He said yes. Something about him seemed to not like Soobin. They could have had an argument or something. I shruged it off getting out my things too. Soobin followed my lead. I explained things to Jayon who didn't know anything. We ate sncks and worked until it was time to go home.

"I'll walk you home if you want me to."

"No thanks, I'll walk with Soobin." 

Soon after I left to throw the trash way and headed hom ewith Soobin. Soobin seemed tence when we walked away but then calmed daown. I didn't ask and we went our own ways. 

 

Soobin:

I knew that Yasmine would sit alone today at lunch. I didn't hink that Jayson ould make a move so fast. She didn't snile, she didn't laugh, but she agreed to something. It was gym class next after my math class. I stayed with my group of friends but still watchingher. Two classes were combined. Yasmine was standing there. It was bothering me not knowing what they was talking about.

"Hey Soobin!" Beomgy ucalled, "Guess what I found out!"

"Stop yelling Beomgyu."

"Sorry Yeonjun, anyway I found out what Yasmine and Jayson was tlking about. They're going to meet up at the library after school."

"How did you know?" Asked Taehyun.

"I heard our classmates talk abou it. I also heard some of it when I passed by them to dump my tray."

I didn't think that Yasmine was going to meet up with someone. Now that I knew I could stop Jayson from hurting her. Although Jayson liked her, he always toys with girls. I didn't like the thought of Jayson playing with her feelings. 

 

After school I saw Yasmine making her way to the library. I went up to her and tapped her sholder. She jumped in fear and turned quickly facing me. I made the excuse of going to ask her if she wanted to work togther for our homework. She said yes thankfully. I walked with her to the library. When we walked to the table the first thing I saw was notes and papers all over the table. Yasmine explained to Jayson that she decided to bring me along. After a long hour or so of studying Yasmine left to throw the trash away.

"What are you doing here?"

"That's what I should be asking you. Why did you want to hang out with her?"

"That's none or your concern." He said back.

"Just saty away from her. I know what you're going to do to her." I warned him and left with Yasmine to take her home. 

 

We took our own ways. I couldn't stop thinking of all those negative things that could happen between Jayson and Yasmine. I couldn't sleep last night.